My husband and I spent a week here and were so pleased with our choice. We had looked at and considered several other resorts and read many tripadvisor reviews before making a decision.
One of the best things about this resort is its size, only 40 suites. We really prefer this to staying at a huge resort with hundreds of rooms where you are sharing beach space, restaurant space with literally several hundred other people.
It is on the beautiful west coast of Barbados where the beaches are stunning. Every day we took a long walk along the beaches which fronted many other resorts. We always came back very well pleased with our own resort.
Our suite was lovely with a view of the ocean from our large balcony which had two very comfortable, cushiony chairs and a table for sitting. Each balcony also had a built-in rack for hanging wet suits and towels which is a great idea as often there seems no place to dry them. As well there is a sitting room with desk, couch, lamps, mini frij and granite counter with sink. In the cupboard underneath there is a teapot, cups & saucers, cutlery and napkins as well as a selection of tea. Being an early riser I would make myself a nice pot of tea every morning and sit on the balcony looking out on the ocean. The bedroom is very nice and the bathroom quite large with two vessel sinks, a large shower and a tub. Air conditioning was very effective at keeping the bedroom cool for sleeping. There is also an ocean view from the bedroom windows.
Although not an all-inclusive, breakfast and afternoon tea are included. Both were very good and we really enjoyed the sandwiches, scones, cookies and tea every day at 4:00. We ate in the restaurant only twice since we wanted to try other places on the island. The food was quite good although rather expensive, but not out of line compared to other restaurants. There is also a Manager's cocktail party Friday evenings, followed by a barbecue. Everyone gathers around the pool (which looks very pretty with torches and luminaires all around it) and partakes of drinks and really good appetizers. Speaking of the manager, the very personable Jason was always in evidence, greeting everyone and very hands-on in the running of the hotel.
We could not fault the service, the staff in the restaurant, beach and housekeepers were very professional and friendly. Our rooms were cleaned spotlessly every day, even to the balcony being mopped and railings and chairs being wiped down. We were always left fresh beach towels which has not always been the case at other resorts where we have stayed.
Honestly, there is only one wee thing that I can think of to complain about and that is that the bar in the closet is hung so high that I literally could not reach it (I'm a shrimp at 5'1") and my husband had to hang my clothes up for me.
Now I have to tell you, I am a bit of a complainer but I'm too old to change now, and if that is the only negative thing I can come up with, then you can rest assurred that this is a pretty darn nice place. As another reviewer has said, I wish I was there on the balcony looking out at the ocean right now.
There were a number of families with children (I think there was some sort of school holiday in Britain) but I have never seen so many well-behaved children in my life and they certainly did not detract from our enjoyment of the resort. I personally prefer a mix of couples, families and singles to an adults-only environment.
To sum up, we definitely plan to return, hopefully next winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treasure Beach Hotel & Spa represents one the finest and most popular hotels in Barbados. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this 35-room all suite charming boutique hotel. With the beautiful Caribbean Sea as your backdrop. Located on one of the most stunning sandy beaches in Barbados, this hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens. The resort's sumptuous suites form a horseshoe shape around the fresh water pool. The newly modernized hotel rooms are cool and airy and contemporary in design. The new Deluxe suites include private plunge pools that overlook the inviting Caribbean Sea. Delicious offerings are available in Kathy's Restaurant; enjoy fresh local ingredients as you dine under the stars in this award winning eatery. Our new Spa Suite is very popular with guests where you relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, West Indies, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Treasure Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach Saint James
- Treasure Beach Barbados/Saint James Parish