“Perfection”
Review of Sandy Lane Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sandy Lane Hotel
Reviewed May 26, 2014

A return visit for 10 days to the lovely sandy lane hotel all I can say is PERFECTION you will not be disappointed in any way with this hotel. If you are looking for something special or romantic this is the place for you. It is not cheep but you only get what you pay for and it's well worth paying for.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here late last year. And it was one of the nicest hotels my husband and I have stayed at. It was clean, in a Perfect spot overlooking the glorious beach. My husband and I couldn't find fault in this well run resort. What made it so special for us though was the staff! Everyone was so accommodating and helpful?", and made you feel at home. Try the cocktails, they really are to die for, and the local rum was delicious. Our housekeeper was such a lovely girl who ensured that we were comfortable in our room, and that the standards were incredibly high. Though there is lots to do around the island, we found that we just stayed in the hotel mainly as the pools and bars and activities were enough for us. Many thanks to the staff and managers here. We will visit again by next year.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for afternoon tea and it was superb. The cocktails we had beforehand were delicious and the surroundings added to a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the service. A must do if ever visiting Barbados. Cannot fault anything!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

That song by etta James is all pervading when you first go to the sandy ,it accurately describes our feeling on eating at the acajou restaurant this year - it was excellent , beautifully presented
The very best duck confit my wife thought she had ever had , and believe me she has had many duck confits around the world, I stuck to the perfect mushroom risotto , crumbed lamb loin with delicious vegetables ,perfect dessert ,and then in the room a gift and card thanking us for coming .
Now of course this is a marketing device if you like - but after 12 years it was a delight to find this
Restaurant is now a as good as anything you will find out in barbados-hooray !
I am talking about this because this beautiful restaurant , with the bar of your Caribbean dreams has deserved such a place since the refurb , barring the short reign of Dean as chef,now at the lonestar.
So what about the hotel , after 12 consecutive years of staying here ,the Sandy has hit a sweet spot ,Randall , Mario , and Alpha who can glad hand the guests like no other ,are the dream team ,
Allied to wonderful staff , the meals by the pool cooked by the no longer hidden Karen , Fiona at the country club - what a place to have lunch with those views , we had a questionnaire that the earnest Paul who now works for one of the owners could have devised , was everything as you expected it asked or did it exceed your expectations ?, for 12 years the service etc has exceeded our original expectations so now we just assume that's how it is here .
The beautiful buildings , the fantastic dolphin suite with its double terrace , I could go on ,not hard to like - as Michael winner ,not forgotten said - go there , go there once at least - unforgettable !

Room Tip: Dolphin suite tge best
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Unbelievable how every single person on staff here is so accommodating I mean over the top! It doesn't matter if its someone cleaning up leaves, making your drinks, or calling you a taxi. They all want to make sure your experience perfect! I am amazed at the staff! We played tennis, went to the spa, the pool, the beach, and ate almost always at the hotel, which was delicious! We have traveled to many countries different islands and really Sandy Lane is top notch. Our room was incredible, 403, we had great ocean views, felt like brand new. Lots of closet space, great bathtub/shower, etc....I just have 1 complaint, the house next to the property has work being done and it is loud. I am spoiled living in 2 gated communities that you would never be able to work on a house on a Saturday, plus our gated communities ask for permission from neighbors if its okay to do the work. Other then that, we would be back in a minute! But anyway, really you will never experience the staff kindness you receive here. They must pay employees by ever kind word they say!

Room Tip: 403, Top floor, best Ocean view, felt like new! I think its called the Dolphin Wing
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed May 16, 2014

What can I say. My wife and I have been fortunate to stay in many top class hotels around the world but Sandy Lane was in another league altogether.
From the moment we arrived at the airport and were collected by one of the hotels limo's and wonderful informative driver it was 1st class all the way.
We were met at the main entrance by the manager and several of the most attentive staff it has ever been my pleasure to meet and were given refreshments before being shown to our suite. (No check-in at reception) which after a long flight was a really nice touch.
That evening we ate in one of the hotels superb restaurants Bajan Blue which was just a starter to the gastronomic delights of Sandy Lane and the West Coast eateries. Foodies will love this area as there are many top notch establishments Tides/Cin Cin/Daphnes to name a few and L'acajou which is the fine dining star at Sandy Lane - Amazing/Fantastic/Sublime does not really do it justice.
Breakfast is a real experience as you sit almost on the edge of the beach joined by a few of our feathered friends who dart about looking for tit bits. Really funny to watch one of them trying to get under a napkin on an adjacent table in an attempt to finish off the remainder of someone's poached egg and bacon.
The beach is private with soft golden sands and crystal clear calm waters which are ideal for swimming and the Sandy Lane attendants are a delight bringing towels/drinks and snacks at a moments notice. If you haven't swam with turtles before get the guys at the end of the beach to take you as there are not enough superlatives to do justice to the experience.
Just a couple of points on the staff and service in general which is outstanding.
I foolishly left my reading glasses on the flight over and realised this next day. I casually asked the duty manager if he could make a call to the airport to see if they had been handed in and he said he would look into this. My wife and I returned to our suite to get ready for the evening and within 1 hour there was a knock on the door and a bellboy handed over my glasses. Apparently the duty manager had sent a limo to collect them from the airport which is about 25mins drive away. How's that for service.
On another occasion I was making enquiries in the Jewellers which is located off the reception area about a particular watch I had been looking for. Unfortunately the model I wanted to look at wasn't available but the lady sent one of the staff to another of their boutiques in Bridgetown to bring this back to the hotel for viewing. 'Pop back in an hour Sir' was all she said and hey presto.
Yes I did buy it and extremely good value compared to places such as Watches of Switzerland and Goldsmiths in the UK. As I said before impeccable levels of service.
Final words - 'Would we go back' In a heartbeat !!!!!

2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was our first time staying at Sandy Lane, and first time visiting since all the renovation. For me, the best of the best to mention is the swimming in the sea - the beach is amazing, the water clear and clean, the temperature in May perfect, and the beach staff who did everything possible to make it even better. The next best of the best is the spa - one of the best that we've seen. The cleanliness of the spa should be mentioned, as well as the magnificence of it all. The steam room, sauna, iced room, showers - all fab. The massage was an excellent one. The room was great - we had an Orchid room on the garden, which was lovely. Suggestion - make sure you really really get shown all the various controls, otherwise going to bed can be a bit busy! The food was great, especially in L'Acajou , where they prepared a beautiful anniversary meal for us. All the staff were helpful, friendly, charming, from the airport greeting all the way to the departure. The property is more beautiful and opulent than before ('before' being a really long time ago). Go!

3  Thank Hugosdaughter