“Lunch Review”
Review of Sandy Lane Hotel

Sandy Lane Hotel
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Fantastic, I cannot fault one bit of our experience and we were just visiting for lunch. Firstly I'll begin with the price just £69 for 2 mains, 2 sparkling water and tea & coffee, add to this the wonderful setting and it's tremendous value. We made our reservation on the same day we had lunch at 2.30 pm, which is the last sitting.

Upon arrival at the gate our driver provided our details to the guard and we were warmly welcomed in. Next we were greeted at the main entrance and all of the staff members courteously directed us to the Terrace. When we arrived it was just ourselves having lunch, but the staff member allowed us to freely choose our table looking toward the ocean.

There are 3 key things which make Sandy Lane stand out:
Service- Fast, Efficient, Friendly
Food- Delicious, Hot, Extremely well presented
Setting- Beautiful colors, Comfortable chairs, Quiet and Relaxed

I cannot say enough about how fantastic this place is, and I would have visited more had we found out about it before our last day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom W

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Cannot fault this place! Travelled here in July with my wife. Amazing! I literally can't fault it here and will definitely ensure that we return.
Rooms are FANTASTIC with even better views and the food is lovely. The perfect romantic break I'm Barbados.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Recently returned from Barbados where we had afternoon tea at Sandy Lane Hotel. A great experience. Whilst the classic tea priced at 95 BBD (approx.£29) is enough for 2 people, contains both sandwiches and cake, there is more than enough. The service was excellent, location fantastic and if you get the chance would highly recommend you try this one out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hotelwanderer
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Third time at Sandy Lane and it gets better and better. The staff are absolutely wonderful and couldn't be more helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and you are made to feel truly welcome, especially as returning guests it's lovely to see familiar faces and feel at home in such a beautiful location.

Great recommendations for restaurants and places to go, and they are great at sorting out bookings and transport. The beach is beautiful and the service on the beach is great. Breakfast at Sandy Lane is one of my favourite things. The Spa is also great (although I would suggest anyone considering the Jet Blitz makes sure they know what they are letting themselves in for!), great selection of treatments, lovely staff/therapists and really great for chilling out after diving.

The newly introduced catamaran cruise is well worth doing. Having previously chartered cats it was really nice to join the Sandy Lane trip and meet other people from the hotel and eat some super steak!!

L'Acajou remains one of my all time favourite restaurants, the food is beyond good. Hoping to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Orchid wing this time and loved it - slightly further to walk to the beach and main...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank diver_nik
Reviewed November 14, 2013

OK .. if it's good enough for Cowell, then should I really pick out any negatives? Well YES I think so. My lovely wife treated me to a week at Sandy Lane for my 40th birthday. Indeed a superb hotel in a stunning location right on the best beach in Barbados. Everything about the hotel you would expect from its reputation BUT I have to be honest here, I really don't think I would go back. I don't mean that in a unappreciative way because the memory will stay with me forever but whether you're stinking rich or not, it's not nice to feel as if they're out to grab every last dime. A few things really naffed me off. Perhaps I'm a little stupid not to have known better? Day 3 .. "Hello sir how's your stay?" .. "Great thank you although we both got eaten alive last night by the mosquito's" .. "Oh no sir, I'm sorry ... can we send some spray to your room?" ... "Yes please, thank you" - You know what's coming don't you? When we checked out there's $38 worth of spray on the bill!! There were a couple more occasions like that too "Sir, can we get one of our cars to take you to your restaurant tonight?" - $20 for a one mile trip. Don't get me wrong, I know that they're there to make $$$$$$ - but in comparison, when we stayed at the Beverley Wilshire in LA, we had a Rolls Royce FOC to take us anywhere we wanted - whether they offer that privilege to more important guests I don't know but a 'house car' would be a fitting touch I think! My last moan is that as well as treating me to the holiday, I was booked for a spa treatment with a private splash pool/relax area. The massage was great but we were unable to use the splash pool as it was full of brown water due to construction works going on. They apologised and said they would book us in to use the facilities later on in the stay. They didn't. It was fully booked. We didn't ask for them to knock off anything off the bill - we shouldn't have needed to. Don't just live on your reputation Sandy Lane as there are newer and better hotels in Barbados now!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach are the best.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
20  Thank MarkSimpkin
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Returning to this splendid hotel for the 5th time, we simply cannot praise it enough., We stayed in the Orchid wing which is very spacious and contains technological perfection which control all elements of the room. The staff is extremely pleasant and simply cannot do enough for you, from the reception, concierge, restaurants, not to mention the golf course management. We played the Country Course four times and the Green Monkey twice, the latter being the pinnacle of our golf experience. A special mention to Erwin who mended my wife's Iphone himself rather than sending it away. Very much appreciated. Our golf caddie Paul Ashby made our golf experience very special with his expertise, charm and humour.
We shall now depart for Canouan for 6 days before returning to this paradise again.

Room Tip: Orchid room is a good choise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LarsEBerntson
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the end of a weeks Caribbean Cruise and we were very impressed with our stunning Dolphin Suite! Everything was just perfect and the attention to detail was unbelievable! We have stayed in some amazing hotels all over the world and this is definitely up there with the best! The Sunday Brunch was the best Sunday Brunch we've ever had - you must try it! We will definitely visit Sandy Lane again when we are next in the Caribbean!

Room Tip: Our Dolphin Suite was on the ground floor so you could walk straight out to the beach!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Fairmont Royal Pavilion

Been to Sandy Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!