Sandy Lane Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)
  • Pool
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)
View Hotel
All reviewsbajan blueafternoon teamonkey bartreehouse clubgolf courses areluxury ocean roomorchid wingblue restaurantamazing spathe cliffkids clubhotel is beautifulluxury hotelmoment you arrivefeel specialspa treatmentsbeach staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Myself and family stayed in a luxury orchid suite and it was fantastic , clean , modern and huge . Everything lived up to what we thought and even though our suitcases had been lost we enjoyed a very romantic 1st night dinner in our bathrobes !!!
Felicia took over our kids and gave us some time off and for our 2 kids who were under 2 they were spoilt rotten !
Sandy lane thanks and we can't wait to come back for longer !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank londongirl11
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, luxurious and the staff is wonderful. We have been two years in a row and will return every March! The beach is lovely. The breakfasts are amazing! The whole family ( teenagers included) would not miss coming here for the world. Musical entertainment in the evening is always good! It is pricey. The gym is state of the art. Yoga and spin classes are good and spa services are good too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gl0betr0tter21040725
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The roads outside the hotel are a cacophany of car horns, petrol fumes and locals shouting at each other across the street, true Barbados - however, once you cross the gates into SL it's like you have been transported to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

We visited Barbados in February 2013 and my boyfriend's parents booked an afternoon tea for us at the beautiful Sandy Lane. You could not fault the staff, they were warm and genuine and always know when the milk needed topping up or the jam was running low. We had a delicious afternoon tea, it was up there with the likes of Betty's in Harrogate, and the staff even made sure we didn't over-order as they know how large the portions were. The smoked salmon was to die for and the rose print on the tea set was so gorgeous, it was a very English afternoon spent at the world's best hotel.

I can only imagine what it must be like to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia T
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been a travel agent for over 10 years and fortunate enough to visit many 5* hotel in all areas of the world and I have to say Sandy Lane is quite simply the best hotel I have ever seen. I simply cannot fault it in any way. The rooms are fabulous. They are huge and exceptionally luxurious, the bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

The Spa is beautiful, the treatments are first class and the facilities at the Spa are the best I have seen. They have everything from a cold room, steam room, sauna, numerous different types of showers and even a relaxation room. The gym is very well equipped.

The beach is probably the best in Barbados, and the pool area is lovely. The sun beds are really comfortable.

Both the restaurants were fabulous, William the Sommelier is very helpful when it comes to deciding on which wine will go best with your meal. The food is great and the views over the ocean while you dine are beautiful.

The staff are very friendly and the manager Mario was fantastic he simply could not do enough for us.

If you have any questions please message me as I would happily talk about Sandy Lane all day.

Room Tip: The sea Horse wing is the best location, both the restaurants are attached to it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have recently returned from a week’s stay at the wonderful Sandy Lane Hotel. I just cannot praise the friendly staff, beautiful location, amazing spa & treatments, wonderful beach, fantastic food, luxirous food enough –this resort is just first class….

Beach – The beach is beautiful, soft white sand and warm bright blue water. There’s even a small pontoon you can swim out to (it’s not very deep) and sunbathe on. The water is crystal clear and the beach extremely clean. One thing I would say is there can be quite a bit of coral during the tide/wading into the water. I would recommend beach shoes if you worry about it. The water isn’t deep at all until you swim past the pontoon. So you can amble into the warm waters and wade through without swimming at all. The beach guys will reserve you the same sun lounger each morning so you don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn to put a towel down, however you must be on your sun lounger by 11am to keep it reserved! The guys who run the beach are great, however there is a service button on each sun lounger area (rather than the old way of putting flags up for service which I believe works better). The buzzer system is a little slow, you are better off waving at the beach guys attention to get your drink orders in. Sandy Lane is a private beach so you never get hassled on the beach by beach sellers....however their maybe a paparazzi or two lurking about but they are soon excorted off the premises by security.

Drink – cocktails are amazing! Freshly made and there are some lovely non-alcoholic ones too. Fresh fruit mixed blended juices at Breakfast. The breakfast choice is superb. We drank (mixed) cocktails every day and they were fantastic – you need to try them all on the list!
Food – The food is just first class, we had nearly everything off the menu and enjoyed all of it from Giant King Prawns (you got to try this dish!) to Scallops, Steak & Fries, Catfish…the list and choice is endless. The desserts are just amazing. A Rose Champagne lunch on the Bajan Blue deck on the beach is a must. The breakfast buffet is just amazing, the best I’ve ever seen. All the food is so fresh and just be warned, you will put on a few pounds dining out at Sandy Lane!

Grounds – The grounds are absolutely immaculate and well looked after. I cannot comment on the golf course, as I don’t play golf but it’s supposed to be superb. I know that you get a caddy who will coach you as you play.

Pool – Out of this world! Flowing waterfall, bridge over the middle of the pool, relaxation areas and pool bar. Absolutely perfect, it’s the best pool I’ve ever seen and is right next to the spa/gym. You can have a lunch in the spa area with the cascading waterfalls in the background which is so relaxing.

Rooms – I was in a Luxury Orchid Suite and it was absolutely amazing and huge. It had a long hall way leading to a separate office area with a huge flat screen TV (with it’s own restroom), a huge living room with another large flat screen TV, coffee area, mini bar and desk area with large sofas to relax on. The living room lead onto the garden terrace area, with chairs and a table looking out to the gardens. The bedroom and main bathroom was in a separate room, also extremely comfortable and lead onto another set of double doors leading out to the garden terrace area which had 2 large sofas in that area. The bathroom had a large marble bath, with 2 sink areas and separate shower with power jets. There was also a separate restroom and walk in wardrobe area with a safe. You could get lost in that room it’s so large! The terrace/patio doors open out to a table and chairs and 2 sofas. The room comes with all mod cons, Nespresso Coffee machine, stocked mini bar, key pad activation screen for your room temperature, drapes, lighting and room service.

Spa – The spa is out of this world. The service and treatments are fantastic and you could spend all day there in the outdoor relaxation area, complete with showers, whirlpool, hot tub, steam rooms. The alternative is the indoor relaxation room with drinks, loungers and towels. There are lots of treatment rooms, however, I recommend you call the Spa and book your treatment times in advance as they get extremely busy. I had a few head massages and full body massages which were extremely relaxing. The service is excellent and the treatments superb. You cannot visit Sandy Lane without going to the Spa!

Service – Outstanding, all staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They also remember you by name. They even remembered our favourite table for breakfast and lunch each day. You never get hassled on the beach and the beach staff are very attentive. They will reserve you the same sun lounger for the duration of your stay, so no getting up at 6am to reserve a space! One thing I would say is that they have a new ‘Service’ button on the sun loungers don’t work as having ‘Service’ flags, the poor chaps were wondering round looking to see who’s ‘Service’ button had been pressed! Just give them a friendly wave and they will come over with cold, refreshing towels, food & drinks of your choice. First class service, although remember, the ‘Barbados way’ is slow, slow…. Don’t expect a really fast or rushed service, but you are there to relax after all!

The Cliff restaurant – just a recommendation, we had 1 night reserved at The Cliff restaurant which is only a 5 minutes car ride from Sandy Lane. The location is amazing, over looking the sea. The staff are really wonderful and service is always with a smile. The food is out of this world! I cannot recommend this restaurant high enough – you must at least try it once if you are in Barbados!

I cannot recommend Sandy Lane highly enough for the amazing and exceptional experience we had. Everything is just 5 star all the way and first class. I’ve travelled to The Maldives, The Seychelles & Mauritius and nothing quite compares to the wonderful Sandy Lane. I will be back!

Room Tip: Room 224 leads right on to the steps to the gate to the beach, is close to the Reception area but very quiet. Book the Orchid Delux rooms for extra luxury!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business