“If your in Barbados it's a must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandy Lane Hotel

Sandy Lane Hotel
Warrington, United Kingdom
“If your in Barbados it's a must!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently visited for afternoon tea as I've been to Barbados lots of times and have never visited the famous hotel. It really was a lovely experience and enjoyable part of our holiday. We were made very welcome and Tamika and Tonya looked after us really well especially when it started raining, nothing was too much trouble. We were advised that one afternoon tea was plenty for 3 people which it was and we were pleasantly surprised at the prices. A lovely girly experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PaulaDolly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Czech first
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

WOW!!!! I am an Aromatherapy Associates fan!!! so the whole experience was out of this world for me!!! The massage was definitely up there with the top ones i have had and the whole day was just brilliant!! Saw a few known faces when i was there too! Mind you this was New Year time so everybody is out in force! Will definitely be back and would highly recommend it - just a day to yourself - chillaxing!! Sheer Indulgence!!! I forgot to buy their bespoke Aromatherapy Associates oils - so ordered when i came home - was here within a couple of days - first class service all round!! Impeccable experience!!!! Go on - you know you deserve it!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ThursoExplorer
Highgate Springs, Vermont
Reviewed May 22, 2013

If your going to stay somewhere on an overnight business trip, this is the place !! Was only in country for 18 hours but the folks at Sandy Lane made it worthwhile ! Beautiful room as well as grounds. Didn't get a chance to try the golf course :(. Had a late lunch and had their cheeseburger which was okay, but not like a good New York City burger. Breakfast buffet was excellent though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

After much deliberating on where to go for holiday I decided upon the Sandy Lane but had reservations about what sort of experience lay ahead for me especially given some of the other reviews. I am pleased to say that the Sandy Lane is elegantly laid back. It's clear that a lot of the guests are repeat visitors as there is a recognition between staff and guests that is warm and genuine. It would be nice to think i might go back one day too.

Our room was comfortable, clean and up to date with technology and we had a lovely terrace that had been safely adapted so that my son could get stuck in the balcony. There is loads of hanging space for clothes - brilliant! Along with the usual things like robes and slippers for the grown up but the little touches like slippers for my 3 year old and a robe for him was going the extra mile as i didn't expect that. Rooms are well serviced.

Kevin from the Treehouse Club bringing us a Cuddly Frog and a schedule of activities for us within a couple of hours of arriving - shows that this hotel is happy to accommodate families and what a fantastic team there is in the Treehouse Club. Sherry Ann and her team were amazing. The building they occupy is bright, well equipped and has very high standards towards every aspect of caring for the children and their safety. The range of activities are well considered and keep children of all ages engaged throughout the day. My son dipped in and out as and when which was no problem for staff and always had lots to tell/show me when I went to collect him. I can not recommend this facility highly enough.

The Spa was excellent - all therapists were professional and the treatments were great. The deep tissues massage with Vickie was simply amazing If you suffer with sports injuries or stress in your back this is a must - I would go back just that!

Junior put me through my paces in the Gym - which at the time felt bad but was good for me if that makes sense.

The staff around Sandy Lane were friendly towards us without being intrusive. Always making a fuss of my son - which is just what children like. There were a couple of niggles during our stay but they did not by any means spoil the holiday and I would say that everyone really does try to put themselves out to provide a first class experience.

The Niggles - Slippery floors in outside areas after showers - whilst signs are out it made me cautious about wearing heals. My sons evening meal arriving after mine? Too much Chlorine in the pool. But none of these things were deal breakers.

I can not if i am honest fault Sandy Lane - I would come back here tomorrow if i could. It was truly one of the nicest places i have ever stayed. Understated luxury. Loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hellie2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The last time i visited Sandy Lane before this was 15 years ago before the hotel closed for refurbishment. I cannot believe I left it so long !!
I went to Sandy Lane for 10 nights to celebrate my new Husband's birthday. We took our new 15 week old baby and two of my older children aged 23 and 19. It really was the best holiday i have ever had as everything was perfect from the minute we stepped off the plane to leaving the hotel on departure day.
The hotel has so much to offer for all ages. Tennis, golf, water sports, spa and a fantastic kids club. It is very children friendly which is a huge bonus.
The rooms are spacious with so much storage which is so often lacking in many hotels. The beds are huge and I loved that the curtains, sheers, lights and air con could all be controlled by the panel at the side of the bed.

Breakfast was amazing and catered to suit most palettes. From fresh juices prepared to your liking, gluten free muffins, a huge bread selection, eggs prepared to how you want, the best pastry selection and cereals from Fruit Loops to Granola. They even provide sippy cups for the younger children.
The two restaurants in the hotel, Bajan Blue and L'Acajou are also fantastic. The Bajan Blue have an amazing Asian Buffet every Saturday which is incredible. A word of advice.... skip lunch that day as you will want to eat so much as it all looks fantastic.

The beach is beautiful. Not huge but soft sand and turquoise water. You tend to have the same beds for the duration of the stay which is great and takes the whole "getting up at the crack of dawn for beds!!" My favourite extra the hotel provide are the white floating beds that you can relax on in the sea.... Bliss

What really makes Sandy Lane is the staff. Everyone is just so friendly and smiley. Nothing is a problem. They all know your name and are just incredibly kind. At the end of the holiday I had a lovely lady come and help me pack which was perfect.

As i mentioned, I was travelling with my beautiful baby boy. On our first day i realised that even in the shade it was going to be too hot for him. I called The Treehouse Club and after a long chat with Sherry Ann I decided to have a babysitter come and help me for an hour or so a day. This meant she would take him to the Club and keep him in the cool and out of the sun. I was so nervous but after meeting Catrina , I knew my baby was in good hands. Catrina was so excellent that she then started to come and help from 12 till 5pm every day. She was fantastic with Archie and Ive already booked her for my next stay in July!!

The only downside of Sandy Lane is that you wont want to go anywhere else on holiday!! There is nothing worse than spending a lot of money on a holiday and getting terrible value for money. Sandy Lane is worth every penny in my opinion. I have children with an age range of 24 to 4 months and there is enough going on at Sandy Lane to keep them all happy and entertained.
Roll on July!!!!

Room Tip: Looked at a selection of rooms and all are beautiful. I stayed in luxury ocean room on ground floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nikkir6
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been in and around the SL for years, both the original and the current version. In short, it's hard to better combine the elements of fun and sun you get at this place- for a price of course.

When travelling from NYC, it's worth the 4 hour flight to get 99.99% certainty of heat and sun.

Beach is sublime, beach-side service is Monaco worthy. Golf was a short walk away- three courses. The surf break was actually surfable for a few days. Add good food, a day of scuba, great swimming and its pretty hard to beat.

Oh BTW kids club as well.

Only demerit is the town has lost some charm on the north (old) side... but the south side of the careenage has great close beaches and Lobster Alive. Don't miss.

Room Tip: not the ground floor- bugs and beachgoers in your hair i suspect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights.
Rooms are of an extremely high quality, heavy doors, huge closets, increadible bath, everything controled by wi-fi - lights, air conditioning, ceiling fan, motorized sheers and blackout drapes, even an indicator do not disturb light.
Bed was a king, actually two beds with sheets covering the whole thing - very comfortable.
Stayed 3 nights. As you would expect from a hotel that can charge over $1200 per night, service was top notch, staff were on to you whereever you went. Try to sit down at the pool, someone is there adding an additional pad over the already thick cushion, offering cool towels and a spritzer bottle.
Same attention in the dining areas. Glasses never empty. Food was outstanding.
The breakfast buffet is overwhelming, wish I could spend the day there.
The beach is a little disappointing, sort of rocky and not very large. You cannot walk too far either way.
Did not try the spa but the menue left in the room appears to cover anything you could imagine.
Great stop to stay if you have a very large disposable income.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view, there is road noise if you face inland.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
Sandals Barbados
Sandals Barbados
#4 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Sandy Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!