We decided to treat ourselves, son and his fiancee to a New Year holiday in Barbados. After careful study, we decided on the Crystal Cove: couldn't have chosen better. For the first time in our lives (and having stayed at hotels in 4 continents) we want to go back to experience it all again, rather than try somewhere else.
This hotel has everything going for it: fabulous location with great beach; excellent food with a varied menu (we chose fully inclusive, even though we dined out a few times); nice rooms; brilliant Cove Bar; most of all, hotel staff who all made you feel like family rather than guests, from the brilliant reception staff, to the restaurant staff, to the chambermaid, to the staff who keep the gardens so beautiful. Particular thanks to Joan, Lisa, Fabian and the Reflections staff: each of you had a smile that lit up our day. Even the evening entertainment was great: New Year's Eve was unforgettable, and full marks for arranging 'specials' like the beach BBQ. Also, some excellent watersports for free!
Only three slight whinges:
- our room (320) had a sea view, but this was masked by massive foliage from one of the trees (we accept the beach has to be stabilised somehow, but it made the room very dark).
- more seriously (and for some reason this seems to be common in a lot of hotels) there is no mirror above the dressing-table, only a large one in the hall. This of course means lugging a chair into and out of the hallway twice a day: why???
- for some strange reason, international spirits (even Remy Martin) are free at the bars, but not only champagne (perhaps understandably) but also prosecco and cava are chargeable.???
Having said all that, this is the best holiday we have ever had, and we would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An enchanting blend of vitality and Caribbean charm."A colorful and vibrant beachfront all-inclusive property with 88 rooms offering a seductive Caribbean charm that will make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Crystal Cove's warm, relaxed ambience and friendly service which includes all-inclusive accommodation as well as a Supervised Kids Club (for children aged 3-11) appeals to families and couples of all ages, many of whom return there year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Saint James
- Crystal Cove Barbados
- Crystal Cove Hotel Barbados
- Crystal Cove By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish