“Beautiful crystal cove,I love this hotel, It's just perfect.”

Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have visited this hotel, I absolutely love it. It's beautiful and peaceful , We were upgraded to a two story room it was really nice. I travelled with my husband and 2 friends I watched their faces light up when we arrived and were shown to a lounge area and handed rum punch. The staff, food, pools choice of drinks beach and water sports. Just fabulous I cannot wait to return, I have stayed at many hotels in Barbados. And can honestly say. This is the best all inclusive hotel on the island. I cannot fault this hotel in any way. Just perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Fitzpatrick2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

we were orginally booked the the Almond Club Hotel which was awful ! Then we arrived at Crystal Cove, amazing!! fantastic hotel, clean, nice food, nice staff, very helpful, any problem they will help you straight away. In the morning on the beach they come down with drinks, then before lunch fresh fruit and a spray of cold water to cool you down, then drinks for the rest of the day and lollies. Nice restaurants to eat, the only thing i would say is that this hotel is not suitable for anyone with a disability as there are lots of steps. They also have a water taxi that runs between the Elegant hotels this is a lovely ride to see the other hotels and very relaxing, would definately return here.

Room Tip: if you have children ask to be away from the entertainment at night
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at Crystal Cove hotel from 9th july to 16 july 2012. We were in room numbers 124 and 125 and our party was my husband, my 18 year old daughter and 14 year old son (Susie and Dan). If a hotel can please all our ages, they are obviously doing it right! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be returning next year!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank aKnight4
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Got back from crystal cove this morning, we almost had to be dragged out kicking and screaming! Can't believe the recent negative reviews does not sound like the same hotel. Staff were the friendliest, and most helpful we have ever seen. They literally could not do enough for you. Happy and smiley the whole time. Watersports and beach were amazing with staff bringing round drinks, fresh fruit and ice lollies during the day. Not sure if the people not happy, were just unfortunate or just hard to please. I miss it already!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Winifred21
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent the last week in June at Crystal Cove and could not have asked for a better trip.

Hotel: the grounds are beautiful, and the hotel is laid out really well. Our bedroom was small (no problem) but the bathroom/dressing area was really big. It worked fine for us. A/C sometimes took a while to cool the room down to our liking, but we were never really uncomfortable. The view was amazing. Room 345. The bed was not particularly comfortable. That would be my only real complaint.

Beach: gorgeous. The water was warm and not rough at all. I miss it. You can walk all the way down to the Cliff restaurant. We actually walked/swam all the way down to the Payne's Bay to see some of the other local hotels. The beach at Crystal Cove was much much better!

Food and drinks: I have no complaints about the food, but I wouldn't rave about it either. Buffet breakfasts were good. For lunches and dinners only one restaurant was open at a time. There were not a lot of choices, but there was something for everyone - even this picky eater. We got room service one night since the dinner was Italian buffet, and knew it wouldn't be near as good as the Italian we eat at home :) I liked the room service menu and thought it should have been incorporated into the a la carte lunch menu as well. Drinks were plentiful, and we rarely had to wait. The local beer, Banks, was my boyfriend's favorite. Be sure to try a BBC and a Bushwacker - yum!! The watermelon martini was fantastic too. Special thanks to Kareem, Adrien and Victor.

Service: great. From arrival to departure and everything in between, service was exceptional.

Gym: we used the gym most days and were impressed with the amount of equipment. I was just finishing the couch to 5k running program and was so happy to run my first 5k in Barbados.

Entertainment: hit or miss. It seems they should either drop the entertainment altogether or improve it quite a bit. I liked a couple of the acts and didn't like a couple more. We weren't really there for the nightlife so it didn't matter much. Music selection at the hotel in general could be considered odd (I liked it.) I was greatly amused to hear a song from the 80s (Naughty Girls Need Love Too) playing overhead during dinner the first night - I couldn't even make that up!

If you are looking to relax and unwind, Crystal Cove is the place to do it. We are planning to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ErinKolohe
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was our first visit to Barbados and we were booked in at Crystal Cove. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were welcomed with a glasses of Rum Punch and refreshing 'cold' towels which was nice after all the travelling. Once we were booked in, we were shown to our accommodation (Rm 218), which was an 'ocean view' room and also overlooked "Drifters", the beach bar. Our room was lovely with a Queens-size bed and on-suite bathroom with a double washbasin unit and shower. The accommodation was very clean and tidy. Prior to leaving the UK, we emailed the hotel requesting 'tea-making' facilities (ie kettle instead of the hotel provisioned coffee percolator). This was in place in our accommodation with teabags, sugar, coffee and milk provided on our arrival. Also, as I am a fussy eater with respect to a medical condition, we also got in touch with the hotel before arriving and they were very amenable in arranging a menu (on a daily basis) for me. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The beach facilities were first class with sun-loungers (with individual adjustable sunshade) and regular supply of cold drinks, fruit salad (around midday) and to finish off the afternoon relaxing, a ice lolly (fruity selection we sampled during our stay - apple, cherry and grape & raisin). Unfortunately during the day, we did not stay around the pools and pool bar ("Cave" bar), but it was nice to relax poolside in the evenings amongst 'friends' we made during our stay.
The food at both "Reflections" and "Drifters" was good with plenty of choice.
One staff member that we would like to mention is Kareem Jackson (aka 'Professor'), a very pleasant barman and person, who made the most wonderful 'surprise' cocktails for me (part of our wedding anniversary celebration). My husband taught Kareem, a few things about the island of Barbados which he did not know (ie St Nicholas Abbey). Since we have come back to the UK, we have been in touch to keep up his geography and history lessons, haha! Seriously though, we recommend this hotel for a holiday in Barbados, and we will definitely will be going back to Crystal Cove on our next visit in the not-too-distant future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cliolady
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went expecting a fantastic hotel for the price we paid but it was not to be the staff were great but not the hotel there is no indoor entertainment and as it rained we could not hear the entertainment inside the food hall worse still there is no airconditioned bar just a cave bar which is boiling hot there is an outside seating area but again that is boiling hot and there is nowhere cool to sit there is an internet room which could be converted there is also no upstairs bar so if u do sit outside upstairs u have to keep running up and down for drinks its right on a small beach though and has a good gym two pluses its your choice hope this review helps we went april 2011

• Stayed: April 2012
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hot...
#4 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels

Been to Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels? Share your experiences!