I have never written a report on Trip advisor before, but after taking so long to choose a hotel in Barbados and using the site I thought it was only right that I now write one.
We had originally booked the Almond beach Club but after reading some bad reviews and subsequently speaking to people at Crystal cove I know we made the right choice in swapping.
Crystal Cove is a super hotel, in fact I would go as far to say the best all inclusive hotel in Barbados. The setting is lovely right on the beach which is super, and not to full of stones, you dont need beach shoes, the sea is crystal clear and calm. The water sports are great and the team of guys who run it absolutely fabulous. Our daughter learnt to water ski, we skied every day, went on the sailing boats, donuts, banana boat, snorkeled. you could even hire jet skis if you actually wanted to part with some money.
The food was great, usually at all inclusives its all buffets with the same food every day. At Crystal cove there are two restaurants, one out by the beach which we had lunch at everyday, that was self service but really great food, never any waiting in line though and no wait for a table. You could also eat there in the evening with waitress service. For dinner you needed to book a table at either restaurant and it was a four course meal with three different choices, so different every night. we really thought the food was good and we are fairly fussy.
We did eat out at two other restaurants "The Cliff"( which is just down the road) very expensive but brilliant, and "Lone Star" also good but not The Cliff standard.
The room was very clean and tidy, bathroom not so great but adequate, pool towels left in you room every day. Try to book a sea view room worth the extra cost.
Very important point, house wine was quite ok!!!! and no real waiting at bar as other people have said. Drinks were carried round the pool on trays daily. fruit was also handed out at around 11am daily.
Kids club very good, even sometimes when there was only a couple of children there. Our daughter went to movie night a couple of times and had her dinner delivered to her with a whole gang of children, parents were then able to have a romantic dinner together.
Finally the staff are great, nothing to much trouble and the majority of people at the hotel were returning clients, who had nothing but praise for it.
So, thank you Crystal Cove and staff for a truly amazing, relaxing holiday, we very much hope to see you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An enchanting blend of vitality and Caribbean charm." A colorful and vibrant beachfront all-inclusive property with 88 rooms offering a seductive Caribbean charm that will make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Crystal Cove's warm, relaxed ambience and friendly service which includes all-inclusive accommodation as well as a Supervised Kids Club (for children aged 3-11) appeals to families and couples of all ages, many of whom return there year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Saint James
- Crystal Cove Barbados
- Crystal Cove Hotel Barbados
- Crystal Cove By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish