“benks28”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint James Parish
Casa de Leo Apartments
brit in london
“benks28”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just back (July 22) from what I can only describe as a Fabulous location!! A stones throw from the beach, bars, reastaurants and shops. Shaun who runs this very reasonably priced establishment is an absolute gem! He knows the best places to party, relax, eat and experience the islands attractions, nothing was too much trouble for him to arrange for us and everyone is so friendly. My family stayed in the larger apartment which was like a home from home but in daily sunshine and no cleaning! Casa de Leo has it for all age groups, just a perfect location for whatever sort of holiday experience you are looking for - just too lovely not to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank terben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here during the lead up to my wedding. The venue was perfect!
A stone throw away from everything, very central!!!!

The owner- Shaun- was incredibly helpful, from booking a taxi to helping with hiring a car he was our man!!
He was friendly and was willing to go the extra mile. Even on the actual day of the wedding he was there at the ready, willing to help with whatever!!

The thing that really did it for me though was when I left the apartments to stay at my hotel (after the wedding) I unfortunately had left a few items. It wasn't a real problem as my family were still there so they could bring my bits back with them.
However Shaun suggested he drive from St James down to where I was in St Philip to give me my bits and pieces!!
That journey was well over an hour away... I declined the offer but the fact that he wanted to really to meant so much to me!! :D
Will defo be back... You're the best Shaun!!! Whooooo :D

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth_Maul
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had been looking for a nice relaxing vacation for some time . After reading the reviews i decided to investigate further . I have a very stressful job and wanted to go somewhere hot ,but also somewhere that felt like home .A lot to ask i you might think . Well thats what i thought . Casa De leo is such a place . The perfect place to de-stress . Close enough to Bridgetown by taxi . Also very close to many quiet beaches. Very well appointed and spotless appartment . Managed by a well informed and friendly host (Sean). Will definately return . Check this place out

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Danny W
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Spouse and I stayed 7 days at Casa de Leo in late February-early March. We were there primarily to trace ancestors – my maternal grandfather was born in Barbados – we were also tourists about half the time. . We enjoyed our stay and agree mostly with what was written in previous Tripadvisor reviews. The location is ideal – two short blocks from the main west coast N/S highway and beach (with complimentary access to a beach club with pool, and beach) in Holetown with multiple restaurants, shops, a very well stocked supermarket, post office, etc., all within walking distance. There is no need for a car unless you want to travel across the island – public & private buses run regularly on the N/S highway – fare $2 Barbados. We took the bus for our first 4 days – then rented a car to travel to the east coast and elsewhere. The resident manager, Sean, is a charming extremely helpful host. He provided all the information we needed to get to where we wanted to go and to suggest restaurants, places to see, etc. He also arranged our car rental and our taxi return to the airport. If he was not on the premises he told us to call him on his cell phone if we needed something. The apartment we were assigned when we arrived was Studio 2. Our contract (booked 3 months previously and all correspondence up to our arrival) had us staying in Studio 1- but apparently it got rented to someone else after we booked it and they were occupying it when we arrived. We would have preferred # 1 and were not overly happy about the switch, but persevered. I would make sure you are get the unit you are promised. The other thing that surprised us was that the 1-bedroom apartments (both 1 & 2) were smaller than we envisioned from the photos on the web, BUT extremely functional and clean. They had a small kitchen with all amenities (it was missing a cork-screw), TV, DVD player, efficient internet service, very comfortable bed, a small sofa and an overstuffed chair for sitting, a lockable safe, closet space and a functional bathroom. Hot water was heated by solar - very environmentally friendly - we were impressed! Sean serviced the apartment everyday. So overall this is a good place to stay at a reasonable price and would probably do so again if in Barbados

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scscientist
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were extremely happy with all aspects of our recent visit to Casa De Leo
From the booking process too the last day of our stay everything went exactly as advertised
A special mention must go to Sean who went the extra extra mile to make sure we had a ball.
Which we did
Donald and Joyce

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donald C
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I came here alone for a chilled out relaxed holiday. The accomodation was presented in great order and the location was perfect for the beach and local bars. The owner was very attentive and made sure I knew where the local attractions were as well as providing his card in case I had any problems. I found his personal approach very impressive as much as the accomodation. I stayed in the studio room which was bright, clean and tidy. I much prefer this experience to ones you get in hotels. It was much more focused and personal. I will definately be coming back to this Casa De Leo and I think anyone staying is bound to have a fantastic time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashley A
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Casa De Leo is a perfect unspoilt hideway . Hidden away down a quiet palm frindged lane . Its the perfect quiet location for people like me who enjoy their privacy .

This resort was recomended to me by a young couple ,who had stayed there last season . If you want to avoid those package deal hotels and large impersonal holiday complexes . This is the place for you .

The management is attentive and helpful and very discrete. They can help advise you and help direct to to places of interest on the island.

Within walking distance from many quiet secluded beaches . Quite often there was only a handful of us on the beach , and this was at midday when most holiday complexes are teeming with people . The apartments have decent size kitchens for those who wish to cook for themselves . Staying at Casa De Leo was probably the most relaxing holiday i have ever had, and have told all my friends about it .

I strongly advise you to check it out this wonderful hidden gem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo