I wrote a glowing review of this apartment hotel last year, and having recently returned from Barbados I can confirm that Beach View is still a most pleasant hotel; though not hotel, we feel like we are living there and part of it. There is absolutely no pressure. When our daughter (just a couple of years out of Uni.) heard we were going, she hinted strongly how nice it would be if she could join us! what are Mums & Dads for? Two days after us she was there. She had a wonderful large room, walk-in shower and was very impressed; then started bossing me around.
I should add this was our tenth holiday in Barbados over a 20 year period, so we are no strangers, and this accommodation suits me, hassle free. The Walcott family are so helpful. The Security guards totally friendly, always "what fish you see today?" I snorkel on the small local reef every day. "So catch some for us"
Some of the guests cross the road and by fresh fish from the small market at good prices, and do their own Gordon Ramsey imitations; I keep meaning to get around to having a bash, but the excellent restaurants either side of Holetown somehow make me put it off. I do get nominated to cook breakfast though; though I don't have to, because Atticus, within Beach View, is there every day.
The Bajans themselves are a very polite, friendly and easy going people, even if there is no crossing marked, many will stop to let you cross the road. Holetown is 10 minutes away by bus, either the blue state run service or the unique Reggae yellow buses, hold tight, these are fun, and will stop if you wave them down; the fare is 2 Barbadian dollars to anywhere.
A unique invitation on Thursday nights from Mr & Mrs Walcott to visit there fabulous home, Carambola for cocktails and food is a must, totally unusual.
So there we are, for us, next time in Barbados, then Beach View it will be.
All the best
Harry & family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish