My husband and I stayed at Beach View between 22 November and 6 December 2013. We were virgin travellers to Barbados but have vowed to go back as soon as possible as we had a really fantastic holiday. We found that Beach View is extremely well run with attentive and very pleasant staff. They are happy to book excursions for you and offer advice about the local area and available activities. The are also very hospitable, involving guests in cocktail evenings at the manager's home once a week, a weekly barbecue evening and a rooftop bar 3 nights per week which we frequented. We were totally relaxed throughout our stay and that was helped in no small measure by the friendly, relaxed atmosphere at Beach View. Our accommodation was a one bedroomed apartment that was actually a 3 bedroomed Condo with 2 bedrooms locked off. It was spacious, very well equipped and had a daily maid service so was always clean. The pool area was spacious and there was food and drinks available from 7.30 AM till 2 PM at "The Hut". This was also a real hit with us as it was convenient when we were on site and very reasonably priced. The staff at "The Hut" were also very friendly and Atticus, who ran it, also organised the barbecue that was so popular. Be warned though, his Rum Punch is lethal! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax and feel at ease in their holiday surroundings, knowing that the staff can be relied on to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. Only down side is the noisy road but even that didn't spoil our enjoyment. (The noisy road is the same for all establishments on the road from Bridgetown to Holetown). Barbados itself is also a fantastic place and the Bajan people among the most friendly I have met, Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 4 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish