We've recently returned from our 3rd wonderful trip to Beach View and are already planning our next one. Two weeks was just not enough! If you want to be able to completely relax and unwind, this is the perfect place to do it. We love the fact that you don't feel obliged to join in with planned activities or eat at set times--you can just do your own thing. But, if you do want to book trips etc Carrie is always on hand to get things organised.
We love the amount of space in the apartment and the fact that it is so well equipped for preparing simple meals to eat on the balcony (the fish market is literally across the road). Every day the apartments are thoroughly cleaned -Beach View has a great, friendly housekeeping team who respond very quickly to any queries. We also make good use of the ice-maker in the fridge for our sundowners. And the free internet access is great for the majority of the time.
No, the apartments are not ON the Beach but you literally just cross the road and you are on a beautiful beach. There are boats on this beach to hire and jet-skis too - just perfect. Daphne's is on this beach - do go for Happy Hour and watch the sunset- it's gorgeous and so are the cocktails.
On the subject of cocktails, don't miss the cocktail party which the owner, Robin, and his family host at their glorious home on a Thursday evening. It is lovely - a great opportunity to meet the other guests, get to know them and exchange ideas and recommendations on things to do and places to go.
We did not hire a car this time so we used restaurants in the near vicinity of Beach View:
Within walking distance:
Cariba. We went twice to this chattel house-it is not on the beach. We had to go back the 2nd time due to my husbands’ food-envy of my steak. He was not disappointed.
Scarletts. Nice food, gorgeous cocktails and the most heavenly air conditioning.
Daphnes. We ate here 3 times-our favourite. The piri piri prawns are just wonderful-but we enjoyed everything here!
Take a cab:
Sandy Lane. We went here for afternoon tea-WOW! Someone here can really bake! We were made so welcome-great waitress. We were advised that 1 tea between us would be plenty-they offered to box up what was left and we were still eating it 2 days later. It was just amazingly delicious and a real bargain. We also had a good look around the whole place. What a great afternoon! We will do this again.
So, if you want to relax and just suit yourself, Beach View can't be beaten for location, quality and value for money. Thank you for a great holiday yet again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a small self-catering condo hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Certificate of Excellence 4 years running and Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 2 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish