My Husband and I and two grown up teenage boys just returned from a fantastic holiday in Barbados in great accommodation at the Beach View. Arrived there quite late from a long flight from England, but Robin the owner was there to greet us in person and we were just in time not to miss the Monday night BBQ. We had been looking forward to it for 9 months and done our homework, it definitely lived up to expectations.
It took us some time to scope out where was best to visit and dine, but we were happy to relax round the pool and go on the beach.
Robin invited us to his home and we met other people that were stopping there, Judy and Tony and Max and Mel, we got a better feel for the place. (If you read this was great to meet you xx).
The quality of the accommodation is excellent with daily maid service. The location is great too, dined at some top quality restaurants. The Cliff is amazing, with views, service and great food, maybe a little expensive for some, but well worth it. Daphne's, also great just for cocktails or a fine dining experience, always remember to ask for a waterside table, its the best. We were also recommended Scarlets, which we would normally walk past as its just a red shack from the outside. Made the mistake of not making a reservation at this one, but so glad they accommodated us as the food and ambiance was really good. Also tried some truly Bajon cuisine, which was also good, but being me I like to get dressed up for an evening out.
Had some good trips too. Harbour Lights and Jolly Roger Boat Cruise, great for letting your hair down.
The beaches near Beach View are also great, you just have to walk a little further than the beach across the road to find the best beach, not far, just 10 minutes, but well worth it, especially if you want to do the water sports or just swim out to where the turtles are.
Didn't rate much of the 'happy' buses, mainly because the they were generally overcrowded and not very happy people, so would recommend a car if you want to travel around the island.
In summary, if a quiet holiday in very nice accommodation and in a good location is what you are looking for in a holiday, then you wont be disappointed. If like me you have teenagers wanting WiFi, they have this too.
Also, would like to thank Robin for allowing us to keep our apartment much later that the check out as we were leaving in the evening, a massive bonus, especially when the flight was delayed for 90 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 4 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish