My original review back in 2011 says everything that matters and so many before me reiterate the same considered appraisals; it's just the most relaxed & wonderful retreat.. So much so we've just spent our third holiday here, twice in the November periods and most recently in July. Effectively we've visited 3 times in 18 months.
How to put into words the constant attraction of this enclave of lovely, beautifully run apartments/suites? ..Well that's without doubt down to the amazing team that are at the heart of this development. Both Robin and Carrie are true professionals along with their trusty back up crew who make sure Beach View runs seamlessly.
I have little time for people who write poor reviews about a place when they are actually the ones at fault for NOT doing their homework before booking and I would urge readers to always check official websites for full and accurate material regarding any prospective trip. We are all responsible for our own choices, likes and dislikes. This isn't a typical hotel, nor is it part of a resort chain and for us personally that is the magic formula.
Beach View affords you freedom to be self catering without the restrictions of the afore mentioned. If you are free spirits who love to be independent within a framework of unobtrusive professional caring support then this is surely for you! If you want breakfast or light lunch prepared, you have that choice at the quaint hut at the rear of the pool area.. Superbly run in laid back style by Joanne, Henrietta & the chief,Atticus. A newly arranged sundowners bar on the rooftop of Seagrape ..another fun aspect to enjoy.
I've travelled extensively in my lifetime and apart from owning a ski resort apartment in Europe I have never returned to a holiday venue until now! This is the one place that has truly captured our hearts.
So when we decided to get married last year the choice for honeymoon was easy, this just ticked all our boxes. Carrie was always on hand via email to alleviate any concerns I had, she helped with all sorts of recommendations including the wedding planner; everyone was so incredibly supportive. Our venue was the renowned Cliff Restaurant for a sunset service on their beach with a celebratory dinner there to follow; a moments walk away from here.. although we were driven!
We have much enjoyed the mixture of people we have been fortunate to meet here thanks to the cleverly arranged social gatherings. There's equally an intimacy attached to this place whereby you can just use it as a base, tour the island, eat/drink at any number of great places and know you are returning to a haven in Paradise where you can close the door and relax with so many comforts of home with the added joy that your apartment is serviced daily. :-)
- choose to take from the experience what you want..
We have nothing but high praise for BV and yes of course we will return, again & again... It just remains for us for us to say heartfelt thanks for yet another wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' every year since 2014! Beach View is currently constructing a brand-new extension to the existing hotel and adding 10 villas, 9 suites and great guest facilities. Together, the properties create a 55 unit boutique hotel set amongst five acres of lush gardens. The new facilities include a large reception, full-service restaurant, small gym & spa, and 2 more swimming pools. The new villas & suites will open in November 2018. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish