Beach View
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
$619
$399
Fairmont.com
$574
$450
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$338
  • Breakfast included
The House by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$728
$146
  • Pool
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels(Paynes Bay)(Great Value!)
$404
Hotels.com
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$668
$570
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
Mango Bay All Inclusive(Holetown)(Great Value!)
$409
$395
  • Breakfast included
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$519
1,172 results
All reviewscocktail partyrooftop barpaynes bayfish marketthe cliffself cateringpaw pawthursday eveningroad noisefull kitchenroti denbedroom apartmentwasher and dryermeet other guestscar hiredaily maid servicerestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My partner and I spent a week at Beach View in October after trailing through numerous customer reviews on hotels in Barbados. This easily came out top, and I can understand why.

We arranged for the hotel to transfer us from the airport (at a charge, but cheaper than taxi) and I have to say that the gentleman who picked us up was wonderful. Lovely, friendly man full of interesting information about the island.

On arrival we were met by the owner who showed us around our very spacious, clean apartment explaining how different things worked etc. We had a three bedroom apartment (with two rooms shut off as there was only two of us) which was incredibly comfortable and one of the nicest I've stayed in. The only minor complaint about the rooms that I would have would be regarding air conditioning. Because the hotel is eco-friendly you need to be in the room for air con to work which can mean that when you get back to your room it takes a while for it to cool down. This is an issue across the island though (barely any air conditioning across the island). It didn't cause a great deal of issues on our visit as it wasn't too hot, but I imagine it might be uncomfortable in hotter months.

The pool area is lovely. There are a few mentions about it being near the busy road (and they are right it is) but I didn't see this as an issue. I confess on the first day I thought 'oh it would be nicer if that wasn't there' but by the second day I was used to it and it didn't cause any problems at all. I spent most of my time reading in the pool and the traffic noise never annoyed me. All the nice hotels in St James Parish are along the main road because they are on the beach, so you are going to get this wherever you go. It is unfair to mark down Beach View because of it.

The hotel has a small cafe/bar that serves breakfast and lunch, and which hosts a BBQ on a Monday night. This part of the hotel is run by Atticus who I have to say is the biggest asset to the hotel, he is absolutely wonderful. I think the hotel could really make something more of this area by moving it closer to the pool actually - great potential.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. My only word of criticism to management would be to not make as many calls to guests at early hours. My partner and I were woken up early three mornings of the seven that we were there by phone calls from reception. That said, I would still advise friends and family to stay here if they visited Barbados.

Would I visit again personally? No. But that is only because I didn't particularly fall in love with the island itself so would prefer to visit some of the other islands in the area rather than go back to the same place. I would like to pick up Beach View and take it with me to the other islands though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SophieDanby
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Clean modern spacious apartments . nice pool , helpful staff, security good , small cafe on site [ we did not use] A bus ride to Holetown these are regular tho......unless u are going to Oistins on friday.......I looked on their website and rung them directly but booking with Virgin holidays was a MUCH cheaper option with free transfers included [ 200 POUNDS ] Although this might not be true all the time ....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sharon m
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed twice now and again really enjoyed ourselves. Welcomed back like family.

Carrie and the team are excellent, booked a car through BV for a great rate, I'd suggest going through the reception for what you want whilst in Barbados less hassle and it will be competitive.

Lots of people have commented on all the good things and they are correct in their appraisal of BV so I won't cover it again.

Trip advisor is brilliant, it allows people to make informed choices about their holiday destinations after reading fair unbiased reviews. The review that talks about road noise is not fair in my opinion, yes there is a road and there is noise but not to the levels described. The only other thing I want to mention is the Barbados tourism fund £1 a day for the benefit of Barbados, local people and also tourism, why would someone be so cheap after laying out at least a couple of grand in flights and accommodation, beyond belief.

Thank you Beach view, see you all again hopefully!!

• Stayed: October 2012
8  Thank ukhs78
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Overall this place was very good massive 3 bedroom apartment for the 2 of us ....... clean and modern. This was our 8th visit to Barbados so we did not need any advise or help. Robin showed us around when we arrived and was very pleasant and i met Carrie for 2 minutes when we were leaving who also seemed very nice. i am afraid we missed the cocktail party as we spent that day in the 'gap' maybe next time.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank grahamggm
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We were stunned when we were shown our beautiful apartment. (312) It was stunning. The Management at this complex are incredible. They really pulled out all the stops to make our stay first class. Nothing was too much trouble. Great location every where is easily reached by local bus service which is great fun. Panoramic sea views. Lovely pool area. Fantastic breakfast at the hut served by Attius who was so pleasant. The guys and the girls at reception were superb. I really cannot fault this place. We will definitely be returning soon.
A massive thank you to Robin and everyone at Beach View who made our holiday a truly stunning one.

• Stayed: October 2012