I visited with three children/young adults 18-20 yrs. Loved the place before we even got there....entertaining ride from airport (organised by the hotel for us). Welcomed by the owner and made to feel at ease. Wonderful relaxed atmosphere and everything we needed; spacious apartment with fantastic sea view. Hilarious Atticus and his BBQ fed us delicious carribean fayre on the first night, so sad he then had the audacity to be on holiday for some of our stay, he was a chef and entertainer all in one! Great way to spend the first evening, no need to shop or go and find a restaurant.
We enjoyed brief times by the pool because with such a beautiful beach over the hedge who wants to sit by the pool? Great walks along the beach, good snorkelling and we swam out to see the turtles (rather than pay to go in a catamaran with 30 others). The hotel staff were very helpful at all times and met each of our (mostly unreasonable) demands. We found a great variety of places to eat in Holetown and the night out to Oisin's is a must. We chartered a fishing boat with the help of the hotel staff, fished and caught our own tuna (apparently not that common so if you do go fishing be prepared to fail) the boat trip was good fun anyway listening to the Captain's tales of his life in Barbados. The fresh tuna was out of this world.
Riding the yellow reggae buses has to be experienced!
This family run hotel does not try to be flash or glam, it is relaxed and honest; Bajan style.
They all made us feel so at home and the owners cocktail party was memorable, best rum punch all holiday. He will give you the recipe if you ask enough! (1 of sour, 2 of sweet, 3 of strong and 4 of weak-it needs a bit of explanation-so yes, you have to go and try it).
Everyone was happy on this holiday and we had to come back because we were becoming over relaxed and too fat!
We booked independently but Virgin fly there too, so go book it!! We want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' every year since 2014! Beach View is currently constructing a brand-new extension to the existing hotel and adding 10 villas, 9 suites and great guest facilities. Together, the properties create a 55 unit boutique hotel set amongst five acres of lush gardens. The new facilities include a large reception, full-service restaurant, small gym & spa, and 2 more swimming pools. The new villas & suites will open in November 2018. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish