“All factors considered, great hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach View

Beach View
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“All factors considered, great hotel.”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My wife and I came here on our honeymoon and we had some high hopes for the island and the hotel. Right before our trip I had reviewed the comments, including the last couple that had not-so-desireable issues. So I'll start with my take on those concerns.
I had no issues with bugs of any sort in the room, not sure why ants would go all the way up to the third floor unless there was food there. The only potential problem with intruders for me would be if I had left the large vents open allowing birds to come in.
The location for us was ideal not a negative. We drove all over the island and thought that we lucked out with that. Its away from Bridgetown so you don't deal with the cruise ship intrusion and busy shopping but very close to Holetown. You would need to either have a rental car or take the bus for BBD$2 (US$1) per person. So US$2 got us to most places, shuttles for the excurions took us to their places, and a two day car rental got us all over the island. If you rent a car, let them know where you go because they may have coupons, it saved us most of our rental price.
Yes there was road noise, mostly due to yellow buses honking to see if people needed rides but I imagine most hotels will be either on or near the road so you couldn't get away from them. However, I had no problem sleeping and I am not a heavy sleeper, they stop running routes later on at night anyways.
As far as not getting good service/towels, all I would've had to do was ask management or the receptionist and they would have had it taken care of in no time.
Things that stood out to me. The service here was outstanding and they took care of everything, they set up activities and shuttles for us, and responded to questions promptly. They had a hut there that sold food which was great, made for good mornings. The pool was clean and great. The beach there was peaceful and very nice to relax at, of course there were public beaches all over. The hotel manager invited everyone to his place for cocktails and snacks and that was very nice, way above expectations. The entire staff was incredible! We will be going back on our anniversary.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StevenH_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Large, well maintained apartments with virtually every amenity you could want. We have been to most parts of the Carib and this is one of the best. Beach is across the street from the apartments. It is the same beach with the same sunshine with the same delightful waters and sand as the luxury resort down the way. If you like to do it your way, this is the way. If you want to be waited on, go someplace else. It is clean and the people are delightful. I would go back any time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Cala d'Or, Spain
Reviewed March 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed for just one night prior to taking a cruise. These apartments are very spacious and well managed by the friendly staff on site. They offer good value for those seeking accomodation on this rather expensive Island.
One draw back, the road is busy and rather noisy and the beach is very small and rather dirty. A hire car is a must if you want to access the Island.

1 Thank crazypom
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The hotel is attractive, although our room on the 3rd floor was totally overrun with ants, even on the bed. We had an awful time with them for three days. The place is isolated and difficult to go get things - have to take a bus or taxi. The apts. are attractive and roomy (we had a suite) but we had absolutely no cleaning service the second day we were there. By 4:00, we saw the cleaning lady and notified her but said it was too late and we wanted to use the room and to just give us some towels. She didn't seem to care one way or the other. The breakfast is ONE thing, which is included - like yogurt and fruit, OR cereal, OR bread but one thing is not enough to keep hunger away. They need to give you more food. The inhabitants who live behind the hotel also burn trash, which is very close to the hotel and literally inundates the property. I couldn't breathe at all and came down with an asthma attack. The acrid smell is just overwhelming. There is also a very loud road in front of the hotel and makes a great deal of noise at night, making it very difficult to sleep. The pool is also not clean - sides scummy and Chlorine and PH balance are way off. This place is overrated for the price and you can do better elsewhere.

6 Thank Lhotse21
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to escape February in Chicago in 2010 and happened to stumble upon the Beach View. We booked our stay with them and headed off to the sun and sand of Barbados. We could not have been happier with our entire experience there. The location is on the Platinum Coast- think stunning beaches and water, fantastic restaurants, and access to stores, as well as a bus to get you anywhere on the island. The rooms (or should I say condos) are very spacious, very clean, and all have a fantastic view of the Caribbean. Best of all, the staff are incredibly friendly and incredibly helpful- everyone we met there were lovely, genuine people who made our entire stay the best vacation we have had yet. We were so pleased with our experience in Barbados, that we booked another stay at the Beach View and brought 2 of our friends with us this year. Once again, we all had an incredible time. I was a bit hesitant on writing a review about the Beach View, because I am selfishly afraid that they will become so popular that we won't be able to book another vacation with them again. My boyfriend and I are already talking about going back to the Beach View for a 3rd year in a row.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank snora88
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My lovely husband took me to Beach View, Paynes Bay for my 30th birthday. I had never been to the Caribbean before and did not know what to expect. We arrived in time for the Monday night BBQ and were greeted by Robin, the owner, who set the tone for the rest of the holiday. We were handed a Rum punch and introduced to Bajan BBQ fish and macaroni pie by Atticus, divine and just what was needed after a long flight! The apartment was perfect, immaculately kept and everything we could hope for.

The week continued with a cocktail party at Robin's stunning house, which is really not to be missed. We took a day trip on a catamaran with El Tigre which was a real treat, snorkeling with turtles and over wrecks. The afternoon was a little quieter, relaxing with Rum punch (there is a theme here) and sun bathing while sailing across the bays.

The location of Beach View is utterly perfect, walking distance to both The Cliff and Daphne's which both exceeded expectations.

If you are looking for a place to stay that is incredibly friendly, relaxed and gorgeous, choose Beach View. We are already saving for our next trip.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Agree with all of the positive reviews as the rooms were incredibly clean and spacious, the staff extremely accomodating and attentive, and the location could not have been better. Staff arranged everything from groceries to taxis to island tour for us. The food at the on site tiki bar was great. Cocktails at the managers home are a must do. In short, everything about the resort and Barbados itself was incredible. I highly recommend both for couples and families. We will definitely be returning to Beach View Barbados.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 8 in Saint Michael Parish
The Crane Resort
The Crane Resort
#1 of 4 in Saint Philip Parish

Been to Beach View? Share your experiences!