My wife and I came here on our honeymoon and we had some high hopes for the island and the hotel. Right before our trip I had reviewed the comments, including the last couple that had not-so-desireable issues. So I'll start with my take on those concerns.
I had no issues with bugs of any sort in the room, not sure why ants would go all the way up to the third floor unless there was food there. The only potential problem with intruders for me would be if I had left the large vents open allowing birds to come in.
The location for us was ideal not a negative. We drove all over the island and thought that we lucked out with that. Its away from Bridgetown so you don't deal with the cruise ship intrusion and busy shopping but very close to Holetown. You would need to either have a rental car or take the bus for BBD$2 (US$1) per person. So US$2 got us to most places, shuttles for the excurions took us to their places, and a two day car rental got us all over the island. If you rent a car, let them know where you go because they may have coupons, it saved us most of our rental price.
Yes there was road noise, mostly due to yellow buses honking to see if people needed rides but I imagine most hotels will be either on or near the road so you couldn't get away from them. However, I had no problem sleeping and I am not a heavy sleeper, they stop running routes later on at night anyways.
As far as not getting good service/towels, all I would've had to do was ask management or the receptionist and they would have had it taken care of in no time.
Things that stood out to me. The service here was outstanding and they took care of everything, they set up activities and shuttles for us, and responded to questions promptly. They had a hut there that sold food which was great, made for good mornings. The pool was clean and great. The beach there was peaceful and very nice to relax at, of course there were public beaches all over. The hotel manager invited everyone to his place for cocktails and snacks and that was very nice, way above expectations. The entire staff was incredible! We will be going back on our anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' 4 years running! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish