“Nice food and service but...”
Review of L'Acajou

L'Acajou
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The stunning open-air beachfront setting of our chic fine dining restaurant is magical. The romantic L'Acajou specialises in light cuisine paired with an impressive range of Old and New World wines. Dining in Barbados under a canopy of mahogany trees with the gentle sounds of the ocean is a very special experience.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went there during our last visit to Barbados. The food was good as was the service but it is definitely overpriced compared to other very good restaurants in Barbados such as Cin Cin, Champers, the Tides or Lone Star. We stay at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion and have wondered whether we should try Sandy Lane. We now know to definitely avoid it. The place was full of plumbers with their paroxide blonde wives and such like... Definitely back to the Fairmont Royal Pavilion for us next time!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Let me start by saying that we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to L'acajou. From the moment you are greeted on arrival you feel that you are somewhere special, the food is excellent and the views beautiful. My wife & I are very comfortable dining in this quality of restaurant, but couldn't help feeling that, perhaps because we were not residents, we were not receiving the same "love" as some other guests. This was most obvious in the table that we were given, whilst other couples were enjoying larger tables that meant that they could both see the view, we were given a small table for 2 in the corner.Prices are fair for the quality of food and overall service, but unlike many of the other restaurants we sampled on this holiday, I'm not 100% sure I will be rushing back. If I am paying the same as others, I expect similar treatment.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My oh my, for those of you that have not experienced Sandy Lane Hotel it is a must see. I believe it's a five star hotel which well known celebrities and millionaires frequent. The decor is opulent, rich and decadent. The entrance is framed by the outlook to sea. amazing.
Please be advised A reservation is required for this restaurant.
We had a pre dinner cocktail in their lounge, we had the special which was a strawberry Mojito. It was heaven. The lounge was equally as decadent as the rest of the hotel. Being in a hot country, everything is open to the elements.
Dinner was outstanding. We opted for the fixed price set menu of 5 courses if you include the amuse bouche and sorbet to cleanse pallet after your main course. This was $189 Bajan dollars. Amazing value for money.
The amuse bouche was a tomato based gaspatcho. very different but tasted good. To start I had lobster/ scallop filled ravioli parcels. Although there were only two, they were big and filled to their brims with the fresh fish. Simpy divine. For main I had the Baracuda. I've never tried this before, I'm always up to try new things. It was amazing, it's a meaty fish on par with swordfish. Cooked to perfection. The dessert was a chocolate bar. It was simply that. It was a huge slab of the softest truffle like chocolate that was s soft and melted in the mouth. If I could of taken that home, I'd of asked for several bars !!!
As it was an a la carte menu,I expected the usual small portions. Instead I was met with more than adequate portion sizes and felt very full after my meal.
Compliments to the chef!!!
Possibly THE best food I have ever had the pleasure of devouring.
Staff were very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.
My dad tried afternoon tea here a couple of days previous, worked out at approx £25 pp. he said it was amazing, quantity and quality of food was immense.
Don't miss out on luxury dining at it's best!!!

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very expensive but quality food and service. Worth spoiling yourself for,extensive wine selection but be careful what you order as the wine is very expensive.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you are not staying at Sandy Lane a meal at L'Acajou will give you a taste of its appeal .You enter the elegant entrance and walk through the Terrace which frames a breathtaking sea view. Give yourself enough time for a cocktail, its special! Food is top drawer and the wine list as good as I've seen. The staff know their stuff but are full of local charm. Atmosphere, quality of food and wine, superior but friendly service...as good as it gets!