“Christmas Lunch ”
Review of Palm Terrace

Palm Terrace
Description: Palm Terrace restaurant in Barbados serves locally inspired and innovative breakfast dishes that will satisfy the most discerning palates. The Caribbean style breakfast buffet is culturally inspired and offers many alternatives, from sumptuous delicacies to all time favorites: the choice is yours. Built along the beach, take in a panoramic view of the sea along with equally dazzling epicurean fare. Bajan mahogany and rosso portugale marble floors contribute to the authentic Barbadian look and feel, surrounded by tropical plants and palm trees, you'll enjoy some of the best breakfast in Barbados in style.
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here on Christmas Day at it was very good. A huge amount on offer, from cold buffet (salad, seafood, cooked meats, cheeses etc) through a well-stocked barbecue with fish, chicken, ribs etc) then on to a full-on roast with turkey, ham and all the trimmings to a range of desserts too numerous to mention. All served in a beautiful setting overlooking the Caribbean.

Only downside was when we asked to split the bill of around $1000 Barbados between our two families, which seemed to be too much bother for them and left a sour note to what had been a lovely meal.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

hmmm we always stay at the Royal Pavilion and typically find it to be of a high standard, but don’t know what has happened of late lunch but the standards have slipped somewhat. I waited a good 20minutes for my $50BD breakfast waffle with fresh berries and the under-noted effort turned up? not quite what i expect from a world renowned hotel.☹️

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2017

we were not residents but booked dinner here on our last visit to Barbados. The food itself was very good but we waited over an hour for our starter (we had had a small appetizer and wine in the interim). I had to ask where the food was and my husband was willing to walk out. Eventually it transpired our order had not been rung through the system (the restaurant was not busy). Staff tried hard to redeem the error and my husband had a free glass of wine but it was disappointing. We had booked a few weeks in advance but were offered a table at the back of the restaurant (I didnt stipulate a sea front table so this can be classed as my fault). The table layout was odd (in our opinion) as it was for 2 people but sat side by side, I suspect this was to take advantage of the view but it was a view across the restaurant to dark sky. I asked to change the layout of the table so i was sat across from my husband and could therefore talk to him. So all in all good food but disappointing and not what I would have expected from Fairmont, unfortunately we wont be going back.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank FoodiesAbroad
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family for a meal and I got to say for the money you pay it is a definite thumbs down, the hotel it's self is nice and accommodating to someone who has more money than they know what to do with such as my aunt who treated us to a dinner there.

Food:
Starters
I had a coconut and tomato soup which was lovely just the right flavours with a touch of spice and a delicious bread roll to go with it (even if the bread roll was the size of a new born baby's hand.)
Main
For mains I had a lamb cutlet meal where I was presented the two toughest bits of meat i'v ever eaten in my life (it was like chewing on Mike Tysons foot) which were also presented with two tesco value meat samosas all for the whopping price of $90, safe to say I wasn't impressed with this.
Desert
For desert I shared a Nutella ice cream and brownie thing with my girlfriend, pretty basic and overpriced which seems to be the general theme of the entire night.

One waitress was terrible attempting to take our drinks and food without given us a chance to even finish them but we did also have a fantastic waitress Sierra who served us with a smile.
By far the worst thing about the night was the astonishingly slow service, and when I say slow I mean SLOW, we was there a whopping 3 hours, the wait for drinks and food was just excruciating.

The entertainment was by far the highlight of the night, an incredible singer and saxophone player named kelly or Kerry I believe, apart from that all round terrible night.

There is nothing Fair(mont) about dining at this pavilion.
Yours Truly
John marshton.

3  Thank Johnmarshton
Reviewed July 3, 2016

My wife and I are not big fans of buffets but decided to give this one a try after being invited (All hotel guests are invited and the cost is $195 Barbadian Dollars per person). It was the Managers Cocktail Party followed by the Buffet. The entire event was held at The Palm. We received excellent service and found the food to be good and plentiful. This all took place in a very beautiful dining room overlooking the sea. There was of course a smart/casual dress code. Overall a very pleasant evening.

Date of visit: June 2016