“Good all round”

Lone Star Restaurant & Hotel
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sample our new menu, a fusion of Italian fare and our much loved timeless Lonestar classics. The lunchtime menu sees the introduction of pizzas from our woodfire oven sure to be a favourite with our younger customers as well as an array of mouth watering salads. Sunday lunch is still a must at the Lone Star.... Some things never change! Enjoy a rum sour at sunset or a post dinner glass of champagne at our new cocktail lounge. ALSO - Breakfast on the Boardwalk - enjoy your breakfast served right on the beach on our Boardwalk.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had not eaten at Lone Star since it changed hands. They have expanded the seating area.to accomodate substantial numbers (150?) but it is tastefully done.
The prices were a pleasant surprise, we did go in off season so I dont know if that will change.
The service was good, with the Itallian Manager having an eagle eye on every table.
Drinks were excellent as was the food.
I cant fault this restaurant and consider it good value for money even though it is a high end operation. Try it.

1  Thank Justintforfun
Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have visited Lone Star on many visits to Barbados, both for formal and informal eating. I was very disappointed on this visit, as when we visit the beach we normally sit on the deck and have lunch (as we are wet from swimming). However on this visit, we ordered our food and after ordering were told we needed to sit inside to which we replied we were not suitably dressed for formal dining. The server said that they no longer serve food on the deck (should have said that when we were sitting there and ordering!!). Anyway we went inside not feeling very comfortable and with people dressed up looking at us dining in our beach attire! $600 later, after a very rushed meal we left and sadly not to return again.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Her grilled shrimp and fish was great but my Lamb shank was way too sweet, and the lamb chops from wales were tough. Service was real slow, and they even took the order of another table first when we had arrived 20 minutes before that couple. Salad was good, and so was the decor, but the menu was mostly of items that we could get back in the states such as Maine lobster risotto, and boston crusted haddock. The waiting issue was really the killer for me after getting past the second hour.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was very well maintained and the atmosphere was very pleasant. From the outside it really don't like that appealing but when you go down the stairs it is very nice. On the way down the stairs to the restaurant you can see all through the kitchen which is very very clean and somehow I suspect that that was done on purpose to show it's cleanliness . The food very nice and I couldn't complain. I especially like the fact that you can go on the beach and come in and have a quick bite. One thing that I can say that way excellent was the speed of service even though they were a number of people there. The prices are daily reasonable however the wines and liquor seem to be too expensive compared to other places.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very good ambience and food, but rather let down by poor service. Our server would have been more at home in a low cost cafe rather than this standard of restaurant. When I asked for an extra bread roll to have with my starter it took 15 minutes for it to arrive and only then after he was prompted. Needless to say it arrived long after the starter was finished. When, at the end of the meal he asked if we wanted a taxi calling I gave him the number to call, then we waited for 20 minutes for the taxi before finding out he had forgot to call it.

Excellent food and atmosphere let down by third rate service.