“Always have a good time here”

Lone Star Restaurant & Hotel
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sample our new menu, a fusion of Italian fare and our much loved timeless Lonestar classics. The lunchtime menu sees the introduction of pizzas from our woodfire oven sure to be a favourite with our younger customers as well as an array of mouth watering salads. Sunday lunch is still a must at the Lone Star.... Some things never change! Enjoy a rum sour at sunset or a post dinner glass of champagne at our new cocktail lounge. ALSO - Breakfast on the Boardwalk - enjoy your breakfast served right on the beach on our Boardwalk.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I love the Lone Star whether for a relaxed lunch or dinner. Always found the food good, not amazing but enjoyable and the location helps! Been going for over 15 years and throughout that whole time one constant has been the rude staff, but gotten so used to it I don't even notice any more. Though been twice this trip and apart from one lady, all the staff were ok. Had a chat with the new manager and he seemed a nice guy. I get why people gripe about this restaurant but I always have a fun time there and each time on in Barbados always go at least once.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,303)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

After hearing so many conflicting views since Lone Star's reopening under a new owner, I decided to give, what was always one of my favourite restaurants, time to sort itself out.

Yesterday, my friends insisted it was time to try it, and I could not be more pleased that I did.

The Restaurant still, thankfully, looks more or less like the old Lone Star, but with a very tasteful and attractive makeover, and with what appears to be more seating in both the lounge and dining areas . We went at lunchtime which possibly gave it an advantage as it was not packed to the gills but by no means empty either,

We were seated at a lovely rail side table and we started with a nice glass of house champagne which was a very acceptably good brand. Apparently drinks are cheaper if you sit on the decking over the beach, which is just beyond the rail, but you can't eat there .

Our waitress was friendly and efficient and the service was remarkably fast for a restaurant in Barbados where slow service can often be an issue. I started with Beef Carpaccio which is one of my favourite starters both here and in the UK. and it did not disappoint. Sliced tissue paper thin, it was delicious and prepared beautifully. I always loved the Seafood Linguini at the old Lone Star, so I decided on the Shrimp Linguine and Oh my, it was gorgeous. Packed full of fat tender shrimps, the pasta was cooked exactly right with a wonderful dressing--------------------completely opposite to the ball of dry pasta and mushy bits of unidentifiable fish I sent back at Mullins Beach Bar not too long ago.----------------and this was a similar price, if not cheaper.

My hosts had proper fried Calamari ( not those awful regimental sized rings ) which looked extremely yummy and apparently tasted as good as it looked, followed by Flying Fish Caesar salad which also met their approval.

Well done Lone Star for a top class lunch in one of the best settings overlooking the sea anyone could wish for. I shall certainly return again in the near future, and thank you to my lovely hosts for convincing me that all at this restaurant is now how it should be . I'm sure that it eventually be up where it belongs in the TA ratings which has to be up with Champas, Tides, Cin Cin and the IMO, much overrated Cliff.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Have been here 7 times and always enjoyed the experience. In fact, it was my favourite on the island.
However, I took two friends, telling them how special this place was but what a disappointment!
We waited over 20 mins for a cocktail menu, a further 20 to take our drinks order and then a further 15 before they actually arrived.
Meals ordered, my friend requeated gluten free. Starters were fine but then a further wait of just short of an hour for the main meal. When it arrived, my gluten free friend had been given the wrong meal. The waiter insisted it was correct despite all three of us knowing it wasn't. Rather than cause a scene she eat the meal that was served.
The food was good but not up to the standards of previous years.
The night therefore felt like a real anti climax, the service and arrogance of the staff being the main cause for dissatisfaction.
I really hope they get themselves sorted out because I loved this place.

2  Thank Finchy40
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First time in Barbados, ate in numerous restaurants (see other reviews) during our ten day stay and this has to be one of the best. Yes, it is expensive, but as long as you know that, you are in for no surprises! It is beautiful experience, the location, the décor, the fantastic food, the charming sommelier, the lovely waiters/waitresses, but please ditch the boiler suits? I am sure they do not like them either, they are better than that, and I think its an insult to make them wear them, however quirky it may seem.
Apart from that one gripe, EXCELLENT

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The setting was really great next to the ocean with comfy chairs, gas lighting and a fabulous busy atmosphere. The staff were dressed in quirky mechanic boiler suits as a garage was once on this site and the 'service' was full and good! Nice decor and good food and wine. Reasonably priced for high end west coast - for us US 80 each including wine. Need to book up a few days in advance to get a good time slot