“Very disappointing”

Lone Star Restaurant & Hotel
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Sample our new menu, a fusion of Italian fare and our much loved timeless Lonestar classics. The lunchtime menu sees the introduction of pizzas from our woodfire oven sure to be a favourite with our younger customers as well as an array of mouth watering salads. Sunday lunch is still a must at the Lone Star.... Some things never change! Enjoy a rum sour at sunset or a post dinner glass of champagne at our new cocktail lounge. ALSO - Breakfast on the Boardwalk - enjoy your breakfast served right on the beach on our Boardwalk.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We dined here having read the previous reviews on TA. During our two weeks in Barbados we dined at six different restaurants and Lone Star was the only one which we felt did not live up to our expectations.
The location, as with several other West coast restaurants, is fantastic - right next to the beach. Right from arrival we were not impressed with the 'warmth' of the staff and given the quality of staff and service received from most of the Barbados people during our holiday this was quite a surprise.
We were not offered bread - I think this was an oversight by our waitress and generally the service was efficient but completely lacked any warmth and any smiles. The menu was ok but I think needs some new dishes. Our food was nicely presented and ok but given our expectation and the prices. this is in my opinion not good enough. In fact our food at Lone star was the most forgettable of any we had and we cancelled our second booking and re-visited Tides which was considerably better in every way.
I understand Lone Star has a new owner with intent to invest. I hope he takes on board some of the customer feedback on Trip Advisor because there are currently much, much better dining options in Barbados.

Kent
“Amazing setting, shame about the service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was my 4th return visit to Lonestar, and sad to say that on this occasion I have to agree with other reviewers who experienced problems with a poor standard of service. We were given a lovely beachfront table, but the restaurant manager and most of the waitresses were grumpy faced and taciturn, to the point of rudeness at times. I find nothing ironic about attitude such as this, as indicated by a previous reviewer.
Our main course food was fine, but only that; our desserts were sublime.
We've been told that it has recently had a change of management- with the exception of one friendly member of waiting staff, they need to send the rest of their personnel on a hospitality refresher course. Courtesy and a happy presentation to paying guests should be a given. Such a pity it wasn't forthcoming on Thursday eve.

1 Thank KentishSue
London, United Kingdom
“The best place for lunch ever”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

An old converted petrol station is the home of the Lone Star. A fabulous restaurant on a quiet bit of beach on the West Coast. A good lunch here just looking at the sea and drinking wine with good friends all afternoon makes this my favourite spot. From fresh fish to salads ( blackened Dolphin is fan) and burgers this has a great selection of food for all tastes. Although the restaurant which has been here for many years has just been sold to new owners and will be closed in June 2013 for re-furbishment, the new owners did stress they are making minor menu adjustments and improvements ( new kitchen / loo's ) rather than a major overhaul. I hope it doesn't change too much - this is really a fantastic spot. Make sure you get a table next to the sea and have a picture taken next to the mirror on the beach.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Johannacl
Edgewater, New Jersey
“The good and the very bad”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I have now dined at the lone star three times. Twice this week and once last year. One would ask why twice in one week? The setting is amazing . Alongside the beach there is a cool breeze and a very good open space to the restaurant .the service is excellent. We are from New York and dine out often. We love to sit outdoors while watching the waves break along the beach.
Now the food. They offer a fabulous fish soup that is unique I believe the rest of the menu is very ordinary. Well done but nothing special. I had grilled barracuda over roasted vegetables tonight. I tried the shepards pie earlier this week, again nothing special. I ordered a ceasar salad tonight that was embarrassing. The lettuce was limp, there was a little shaved Parmesan cheese on top. They did not offer a chilled fork. Now why am I being so critical? The prices? The prices are expensive and I expect a lot more than excellent service and ambience for a 17 dollar(US priced) salad in fact tonight I value that salad at zero.
Will we go back yes, the fish soup alone makes this expensive meal a delight.

Wimbledon
“Great Evening!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having four children (ish) ranging from 12 to 20 it can be tricky finding a restaurant that ticks all the boxes...this is it! Everyone enjoyed the evening - from the food to the atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013