“scavenger hunt”

The Reef Restaurant at Coral Reef Club
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stylish, luxury open air restaurant overlooking the sea. Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

brunch on March 9th 2014 was an embarrassing experience. We were a party of 6 and by the time we went to the hot buffet, only to find the carcass of a suckling pig, run out of fish and the desert table was decimated. The service was impeccable after all the whole experience cost$1400.00. Complaining to the food and beverage manager was useless. A man that identified himself as Winston and did not want to give his last name. We would not be at Coral Reef again . May be they are suffering from the economic malaise that Barbados is facing.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I visited Coral Reef for their Sunday Lunch Buffet on March 9th, 2014. I have visited this resort for their lunch buffet on numerous occasions and have always be exceptionally pleased, however this last experience was lacking. I invited a party of six and had reservations for 1:00pm, we had drinks in the lounge before going to the buffet. We took our time ordering wine, drinks etc. at the buffet and did not make our first visit up to the buffet tables until about 1:30. The appetizer tables were well stocked with the usual expected fare. However when our group visited the main course buffet table we were somewhat shocked, the roast suckling pig was all gone, the fish was all gone, inquiring if there was more we were told that it's all gone. Two of our party had the ham and said it was very stringy and left it on their plates. After the main course everyone headed to the dessert tables and once again were disappointed in the lack of selection. I must say that the level of staff service at the table was up to Coral Reef's usual high standards.

I called the Coral Reef beverage and service department and talked to "Winston" about what we experienced and expressed my dissatisfaction. Winston said he'd check on the situation and get back to me. Winston called me the following day and said he'd checked with the buffet manager and there were no issues at the Sunday buffet with respect to any shortages. Well Winston I have six(6) very dissatisfied guests, two local Bajans, two French relatives and my wife and myself who disagree. I'm particularly upset as I invited these individuals to what I thought would be a memorable experience for all, it turned out it's going to be memorable however for the wrong reasons. I might add that the bill was 1400.00Bds plus.

Barbados is and has been suffering economically for the last few years and up scale resorts such as Coral Reef should not allow their quality to fall otherwise reviews like this will no doubt impact their business.

1  Thank Malcolm T
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our 3rd visit to Barbados and our 4th visit for Sunday lunch buffet at Coral Reef .....fantastic once again! Great choices, fresh and everything cooked perfectly. Friendly, yet relaxed service and good atmosphere. There's always a few stuffy looking old types in there who still think Britain runs the colonies but they're amusing to watch! We love it whatever and have booked again for next week before flying home.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We have visited this beautiful hotel few weeks ago while staying in the area. The service was very attentive and the evening entertainment was first class. We will return one day :-)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited the Coral Reef Club during our stay in Barbados. Pleasant surroundings and reasonably good service but many standing round doing nothing whilst a few worked very hard. Food was good but not really memorable but the singer/entertainer was excellent. Doesn't compete with many of the other restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Stephen L