“Wonderful Vacation!”
Review of Coral Reef Club

Coral Reef Club
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stylish, luxury open air restaurant overlooking the sea. Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
“Wonderful Vacation!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Was debating with my fiancé where we should honeymoon after the wedding. Inquired about different countries and destinations. Found many great places but the only problem was it was out of our price range and budget. There's a old adage that says,"good things come to those who are patient". So true in this case! Made our reservations 5 months in advance that was all inclusive 8 days, seven nights. Our total package including airfare, hotel and rental car was $2,000. Our beautiful suite looked over the ocean that was absolutely breath taking. There wasn't one amenity we didn't have or couldn't have that was just a phone call away. Bar none. The staff was incredible and planned our guide tours and excursions. They just needed to know what we liked and when we wanted to go. We did everything from: scuba diving, golfing, kayaking, playing tennis, clubbing, shopping, fishing, horse back riding, snorkeling, parasailing and a whole lot of love making. The spa treatment was amazing. I literally fell asleep during the 90 min massage session. I must share with you the two open bars on the property. There's not a feel good drink that can't be made or offered. I always tip the server a US $1 bill. A dollar goes a long way in the Caribbeans. I believe the exchange rate was $85 for every U.S dollar. So, you don't need to have a whole lot of money to have a great time and take care of your maid, server etc. My significant other and I felt very safe wandering around the island throughout the day. The hotel is safe and secure. They make it known that our safety is their number one priority. The Coral Reef Resturant was fabulous. Steak and seafood, you name it was fresh and delicious. The menu changed every night. But if there was something you had the previous night and wanted it again. Not a problem. Just let the chef know. There's many entertainment shows going on in the town or on the resort. You'll definitely need a Redbull to keep up. They have a nice billards room as well. Your can drive over to the casino nearby, catch the cab or hotel shuttle. I've been to the Caribbeans many times but this by far was my best trip and most least expensive. The people are friendly and helpful. Making you feel comfortable and at ease. Not once was I solicited for any money by the natives. The hotel is very clean and beautifully appointed. I highly recommend staying at the Coral Reef in St. James for many reasons. Price, quality service and the memorable oasis to treasure. This is one experience I'll forever be grateful of.

UK England
“Friendly”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great atmosphere, nice people, excellent service, enjoyable experience

Visited December 2011
Newport-on-Tay
“Another memorable stay”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from another great stay at Coral Reef Club in our amazing Plantation suite. Staff genuinely very friendly and a great credit to the O'Hara family who own the hotel. Back again in December, can't wait!

Oakville
“Old School Ambience-good food”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had read about this property for eons, so we gave it a try for dinner.
The hotel is lovely and the bar area, very pretty.
When you order a drink, we provide a plate of home-made cheese shortbread, chips and nuts-very nice.
Their menu is solid, but needs a revamp.
Although my filet mignon was delicious, the setting was odd.
This is a 5*, very expensive hotel, and yet some young female diners were in short shorts at 9 p.m. Come on Dad, get those daughters to learn some social skills.
I was excited to see the small band and singer, but 1960's elevator music did not excite us.Come on, this is Barbados!
Coral Reef is a known for its excellence, but has anyone been there recently?
It is important to provide
quality, in a current and vibrant atmosphere.
Can an enthusiastic member of the O'Hara team give this place back its sparkle?

Visited April 2012
Hertford, United Kingdom
“You will enjoy this restaurant if you are over 60”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We decided to eat here because the advertising was good. The menu was a throwback to the 70s although it was perfectly cooked.the setting is beachside but a wall prevents you from seeing the sea. The entertainment was an excellent piano player but then the main act started to play in a mini bandstand. I think they were called Cyril and the cyclones. Waistcoats, high held guitars and marimba rhythms. some people were dancing. This hotel caters well to it's mature clientele.

Visited March 2012