“Awesome!”
Review of Eco Dive Barbados

Eco Dive Barbados
Ranked #11 of 75 Tours in Bridgetown
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would highly recommend Eco Dive Barbados to all my dive friends! Andrew and Mikey made an incredible team! We enjoyed safe, memorable dives and enjoyed lots of laughs and fun topside.
The boat is small but works very efficiently. Our gear was taken care of well and set up to our liking. I learned so much from Andrew under the water and he was so careful to cater to my love of macro-I saw some amazing "little" things-loved it! I also love turtles and they were there as well to be seen! I loved the seahorse on the move-amazing! The warm shower at the end of the day of diving was wonderful (and the warm towels-thanks, Mikey, for this special accomodation!)
I felt well cared for and respected as a diver! The pace is perfect and Andrew is so knowledgeable about the ecosystem under the sea! An awesome experience to dive with this team! I can't wait to dive with them again!

1  Thank Denise P
There are newer reviews for Eco Dive Barbados

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Andrew picked us up at the cruise ship pier. A former Marine sargeant, he ran this dive operation with great efficiency, but also listened to what we wanted to see. As a fellow underwater photographer (with a bound book of his photos on display, no less), he offered suggestions for photos. The boat was very small, but it worked well because everything was set up before we got on the boat. The dive sites were close. Mikey and Andrew put our fins on for us as we sat in the bow (tight quarters, but it worked). Loved watching the Atlantis submarine go by while we were underwater. We expect those in the sub were taking photos of us while we were taking photos of them. I would recommend this dive store and would dive with them again.

2  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just returned from Barbados and never made a review on TripAdvisor before. But I have to give Andrew and Mike credit for 3 great days of diving.
When I started diving, I hoped for 3 things

1. Feel safe.
2. See amazing things.
3. Meet great people.

Well EcoDive brought all three things together. The dive pace is safe and relaxed without being boring. They showed us great variety in sites, without obnoxious crowds of people. And the operator's and other divers were great. Waiting time on the boat was almost as fun as diving (ok maybe not) but we had tons of fun.

I wish my trip was longer so I could have gone more often.

Big thanks to you Andrew - I hope to see you when I get back on the island. (your advice for marlin sandwich was good too ;-))

Sincerely
Rob B

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went for a 2 tank dive with Andrew and mike. Andrew picked us up personally from our hotel and took us to his dive shop in Bridgetown where we were thoroughly briefed. He choose dive sites that catered to our abilities and nothing was too much trouble. Andrew is a very knowledgable individual who has dived in many different locations and countries himself to learn about other Eco systems hence his vast knowledge and quality of service. They only cater for a maximum of 6 divers per dive which is nice as the boat is not overcrowded and you get well looked after. We were lucky as others who were going to come to dive didn't turn up so we had just two of us and Andrew and mike on the boat. We were given drinks and small snacks between dives and assisted in everything we did. A very enjoyable day. Thank you Andrew and mike. I hope that we will be back.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Andrew Western and his Master Diver assistant, Mikey, provided us with a memorable couple of dives a few days ago. Although Andrew offers a 'discover scuba' option, he mainly caters to qualified divers in small groups, thus simplifying and streamlining the whole operation. His well equipped shop is located in the centre of Bridgetown on a dockside of the marina, so that tanks and kit go straight into the boat for short trips to any of the numerous wreck or coral dive sites scattered in the azure and aquamarine waters off the south coast. We found Andrew friendly, very courteous, and thorough with his descriptions of how he operated and where we were going to go. A bonus for us, who believe in leaving as small a footprint as possible, is his eco-conscious approach to diving: go slow, conserve air, don't touch, pick up or take anything from the water. Having briefed us in the shop on diving etiquette, on the way out to our first dive site, Andrew gave us a brief rundown on Barbadian history. Before the dive, he personally de-fogged all of our masks (there were five clients in all). Under the water, he took pictures, and occasionally signalled if everything was 'OK' but left us to appreciate the beauty quietly and without stress. Between dives, water, juice and biscuits were offered. Mikey, general helper and boat captain, was extremely efficient and proactive, organising things even before we could think of them. Back at the dock, our kit was washed, logs completed, and payment made all in a short space of time. Tremendous!