“West Side Scuba Center”

West Side Scuba Centre
Ranked #13 of 77 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: West Side Scuba Centre established in 1993 is situated by the Historical Garrison Savannah. Located close to some of the most beautiful reefs on the South and West Coast of Barbados, this makes for ideal diving and exciting adventures. With high safety standards, our attention to detail, and small dive groups, you are sure to enjoy our underwater world. All dives are led either by a P.A.D.I Instructor or a P.A.D.I. certified dive master. Our staff is trained in E.F.R and are there to assist should the need arise. Associations represented are PADI/NAUI/BSAC. We are open year round for diving with some of the best conditions from November through September with daily trips offered seven days a week. You are sure to enjoy or varying water temperatures from 78 degrees to 84 degrees Farenheight. There are in excess of 20 prime dive sights, which can be reached within a 10-20 minute boat ride from the dive centre with depths ranging from 30-130 feet (10-40 meters). Barbados’ reefs offer some of the richest variety of fish and colourful coral found in the Caribbean. Shallow reefs and wrecks are ideal for the novice, while deeper reefs and wrecks will be sure to tantalize and challenge the experienced diver. Unforgettable night dives are available with 24hrs notice. West Side Scuba Centre is equipped with some of the most modern Sherwood equipment, BCD’s (with inflator hose) and regulators (with depth gauges and octopus). Torches, masks, snorkels, fins, weight belts and wet suits (3mm) are also available. Should you wish to take home a lasting memory of your dive, we have under water cameras for rent. For those wishing something a little less challenging, but is still mesmerized by the underwater world, we take snorkeling trips (complete with rental gear) to Carlisle Bay by a sunken ship wreck where there is a beautiful reef abundant with marine life including schools of fish which are friendly enough to be fed by hand. A unique snorkel and dive trip that features a close up look at sea turtles which can be fed by hand with sprats (small fish) is yours for the asking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Each year, we travel to new places to scuba dive. Over the years we have experienced dive shops that catered to their customers and dive shops whose attitudes were shop- worn. Here's what we liked about West Side Scuba Center: everything. They are well organized. They have a positive, can do approach. They care!! Because they care, the dives are safer and more fun. They stand apart from other shops because they treat each diver with consideration, support divers of all levels, and are truly focused on safety first. I observed staff several times providing individual instruction to newer divers. They provide continuos, positive instruction. One last item: Peter Grannum, the owner, is forthright, honest and is a character in his own right.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Today I spent a few very enjoyable hours in the company of West Side Scuba and would highly recommend this PADI accredited dive centre to all visitors looking for some fun whilst in the beautiful island of Barbados.

This centre can cope with divers of all experience levels and I'm certain all will enjoy equally. I'm an experienced diving instructor myself so really didn't think today would be more than a busmans holiday but thanks to their very experienced chief instructor 'G' I had a really, really great day out. G was very comfortable guiding a mixed bag (experience wise) of divers on the 2 dives I did and had awesome local knowledge and a great topside manner. safety procedure and equipment onboard the dive boat were first class too.

Owner Peter made sure all arrangements were made efficiently and made everyone welcome at his fantastic dive facility. He saw the divers off and made sure we returned 'happy' - hell, I even got a free ride from my hotel and back!

Check it out for yourself soon!
Chris Bruney
PADI MSDT 264988

3  Thank brunec01
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I took my 10 yr old son and his friend out on a discover scuba with these guys and they were made to feel very at ease and relax . The 2 dive masters threw fun and seriousness which made the 2 kids come away with great memories and also educated into the world of diving. I went on to do a further 2 dives along various reefs with what qualifications I already had ( advanced open water ) and every aspect of safety was looked at . I thoroughly recommend these guys and would not hesitate to use them again . Massive thanks to Dom and Gee for a great day for my kids and also for me . Jason

1  Thank jas135
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I highly recommend diving with West Side Scuba when in Barbados. Everything went smooth, from email communication with Peter, to pick up and drop off at cruise terminal, to fitting and setting up the dive gear.

The dive themselves were very good, with lots to see: wrecks, marine life, bottles and tires at the bottom of the sea... But what made the expericence excellent was the fun personalities of our dive masters G and Dominic. They are funny and friendly while at the same time being helpful and safety conscious. Overall a super day of diving and fun in the Caribbean. Give them a try and you will pat yourself on the back for your good judgement.

1  Thank AdrianCalgary
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Really impressed with West Side Scuba. Very friendly, efficient and helpful. I am a relative novice having done plenty of diving but not certified apart from the one day discover scuba. They tested my skills and developed a bespoke 1:1 dive with an instructor for me. It was excellent, we saw 5 wrecks in 90 minutes of diving off Carlisle Bay

1  Thank BaggersWokingham