“West Side Scuba is the bomb!”

West Side Scuba Centre
Ranked #14 of 75 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: West Side Scuba Centre established in 1993 is situated by the Historical Garrison Savannah. Located close to some of the most beautiful reefs on the South and West Coast of Barbados, this makes for ideal diving and exciting adventures. With high safety standards, our attention to detail, and small dive groups, you are sure to enjoy our underwater world. All dives are led either by a P.A.D.I Instructor or a P.A.D.I. certified dive master. Our staff is trained in E.F.R and are there to assist should the need arise. Associations represented are PADI/NAUI/BSAC. We are open year round for diving with some of the best conditions from November through September with daily trips offered seven days a week. You are sure to enjoy or varying water temperatures from 78 degrees to 84 degrees Farenheight. There are in excess of 20 prime dive sights, which can be reached within a 10-20 minute boat ride from the dive centre with depths ranging from 30-130 feet (10-40 meters). Barbados’ reefs offer some of the richest variety of fish and colourful coral found in the Caribbean. Shallow reefs and wrecks are ideal for the novice, while deeper reefs and wrecks will be sure to tantalize and challenge the experienced diver. Unforgettable night dives are available with 24hrs notice. West Side Scuba Centre is equipped with some of the most modern Sherwood equipment, BCD’s (with inflator hose) and regulators (with depth gauges and octopus). Torches, masks, snorkels, fins, weight belts and wet suits (3mm) are also available. Should you wish to take home a lasting memory of your dive, we have under water cameras for rent. For those wishing something a little less challenging, but is still mesmerized by the underwater world, we take snorkeling trips (complete with rental gear) to Carlisle Bay by a sunken ship wreck where there is a beautiful reef abundant with marine life including schools of fish which are friendly enough to be fed by hand. A unique snorkel and dive trip that features a close up look at sea turtles which can be fed by hand with sprats (small fish) is yours for the asking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great Experience! Great People! Laid back, casual, entertaining, extremely helpful and knowledgable. Peter, Jee, Julian aka Rattler all super chill, - if you are an experienced diver - they really let you dive to your ability - they really have got it down. Peter is a great source for restaurants, local life and will also hook you up with other activities and good people to take you there. Would most definitely dive with Peter and his crew again and again!! Also very important keep the crowd on the boat to a minimum excellent!

There are newer reviews for West Side Scuba Centre

Reviewed April 29, 2013

While in Barbados, I was looking to complete my PADI Open Water certification. West Side Scuba came highly recommended from a retired scuba shop owner from the island. They said Peter was the best, and they were right.
Friendly, fun, safety conscious, West Side Scuba is well worth the fair prices. If you find yourself scuba diving with Instructor "G", you'll find yourself in very capable hands and can expect a fun dive. Rasta man was helpful at the dive shop too.
Dive spots were well picked (shipwrecks, green turtles, rays, seahorses, crystal clear waters, what more could you ask for?), and dives were well planned. Whether you're an experienced diver or not, West Side Scuba is a no brainer when it comes to your scuba experience selection!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our cruise and one of the ports of call april 4th 2013 was Barbados , and as us divers do I like to arrange to dive when ever possible, a friend of mine Carry recommended West Side Scuba Center. so I emailed Peter and all the arrangements were made ie transport equipment etc,Peter himself picked us up and we then off we went. Where we met the rest of our small group , , then it was off to the boat with Peter,and G where we met Rattler. Everything was amazing, the organization , the equipment, the boat, the dives, just fantastic.Both of my dives with G were amazing I have some great photos especailly when G was doing his party trick, blowing the rings whilst lying on the sea bed , I was a couple of meters above and as it started to rise it became bigger so i put out my hand and it looks like it is holding me up. These guys are great they not only looked after me, they also catered for my husband who is a non diver you made our day into one we shall never forget. I can highly recommend West Side Scuba, and if our future holidays include Barbados I will be again booking with Peter,G and Rattler

kind regards
Rita Walton

Reviewed April 27, 2013

As a Master Diver working on my Dive instructor license, I am very happy with my experience. My hotel recommended this dive as the best Local place to dive with on the west side of the island.

I couldn't agree more, Laid back, casual, and extremely knowledgeable, Peter and his team were spectacular, exactly what i wanted to experience in Barbados. It's not a cattle boat but could easily fit 10 if he wanted. He likes to keep it maxed out to about 8 divers max, at least in my experience. He picked me up from my hotel, and it was just a great time. They know the are a from a 6 wreck wreck-trek, to some of the best reefs on the island, we had no issues keeping entertained. You can see my pictures as proof. Just spectacular all around. When I return to Barbados, there is no other dive shop I will use or recommend.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

just returned from diving 5 days with West Side Scuba. They picked us up at hotel and were very informative and helpful with all aspects of diving. Would vary the dive site to the wishes of the divers and the boat was uncrowded. G and Rattler were very thorough and entertaining. I would highly recommend them.