“Excellent week of diving !”

West Side Scuba Centre
Ranked #11 of 73 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: West Side Scuba Centre established in 1993 is situated by the Historical Garrison Savannah. Located close to some of the most beautiful reefs on the South and West Coast of Barbados, this makes for ideal diving and exciting adventures. With high safety standards, our attention to detail, and small dive groups, you are sure to enjoy our underwater world. All dives are led either by a P.A.D.I Instructor or a P.A.D.I. certified dive master. Our staff is trained in E.F.R and are there to assist should the need arise. Associations represented are PADI/NAUI/BSAC. We are open year round for diving with some of the best conditions from November through September with daily trips offered seven days a week. You are sure to enjoy or varying water temperatures from 78 degrees to 84 degrees Farenheight. There are in excess of 20 prime dive sights, which can be reached within a 10-20 minute boat ride from the dive centre with depths ranging from 30-130 feet (10-40 meters). Barbados’ reefs offer some of the richest variety of fish and colourful coral found in the Caribbean. Shallow reefs and wrecks are ideal for the novice, while deeper reefs and wrecks will be sure to tantalize and challenge the experienced diver. Unforgettable night dives are available with 24hrs notice. West Side Scuba Centre is equipped with some of the most modern Sherwood equipment, BCD’s (with inflator hose) and regulators (with depth gauges and octopus). Torches, masks, snorkels, fins, weight belts and wet suits (3mm) are also available. Should you wish to take home a lasting memory of your dive, we have under water cameras for rent. For those wishing something a little less challenging, but is still mesmerized by the underwater world, we take snorkeling trips (complete with rental gear) to Carlisle Bay by a sunken ship wreck where there is a beautiful reef abundant with marine life including schools of fish which are friendly enough to be fed by hand. A unique snorkel and dive trip that features a close up look at sea turtles which can be fed by hand with sprats (small fish) is yours for the asking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Harwich MA
“Excellent week of diving !”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We just spent 6 days diving with West Side Scuba for our annual dive trip and we can't say enough good things about them. Dom was a laid back divemaster who obviously had everthing under control, Rattler captained the boat and helped with gear etc and Peter the bossman kept us entertained at all other times. We enjoyed the "safari" exploration dive on the last day !. Although we didn't dive with her, the other divemaster Jesse was giving dive instruction to others and was very competant.
We did a 2 tank morning dive every day, meeting at the dive shop at 8.45 and were usually back at the shop by 1pm.
We can't thank you enough for a fab 6 days and we will recommend you to anyone we know who is going to Barbados. We will definitely be back to see you guys again.
Many Thanks,
Dave, Deb, Robin, Janet and Bob.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant diving the Bajan way”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

When I dived with WSSC I was a reasonably experienced PADI open water diver whilst my girlfriend was completely new to it and doing her open water dives having done the theory side back in the UK. We were picked up on time every day by Peter & Troy, and just driving around Barbados with them is worth the money alone - great guides and fun guys :)

The boat is a beauty and is moored off a perfect beach in St. James - you need to manage and haul your own kit over a short distance in the shallows so no 'waiter service' - everyone mucks in (which may sound off-putting if you're new to diving but it really isn't and the expert dive team help you and keep you straight). The ride out to dive sites is always great fun - the guys keep things lively! - and you'll see some stunning views of Barbados.

Whilst my girlfriend completed the Open Water course with Adrian, I did a couple of dives, and she joined me for the next two. We did some easy wrecks and enjoyed brilliant visibility and great dive guiding from the guys at WSSC, with stop offs to see the turtles en-route! At every point I was comfortable with the WSSC guys and the dive kit, both in & out of the water, which cannot always be said for dive companies abroad. These guys know their stuff and are really familiar with the best sites on the west coast, so we got to see some beautiful marine life on both line and drift dives. The wrecks on the island are worth spending time on, including Steve Jobs old submarine!

I would definitely recommend WSSC to both new and regular divers, and recommend Adrian if you're getting certified as he helped my other half become really proficient & confident very quickly - she really enjoyed learning with him. Troy may be the best captain in Barbados...and Peter certainly has the biggest personality!

Don't miss out - we're going back next year :)

Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Diving Experience I've Had !!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I just spent 6 days diving with Westside Scuba mid October 2012-everything about their operation is top notch. They are safe, fun, knowledgeable and really want your dive experience to be perfect. There were only small groups which made it a great experience. Peter, Dominic, Andre and Julian are an awesome team, and had a great time diving with them. I have pretty high expectations, and was never disappointed. A truly great operation, I would recommend them without reservation. The Stavronikita wreck was amazing ! Trudy was great with the information too !

Visited October 2012
Fort McMurray, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome - Best Dive Shop in Barbados”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent 10 days with Peter, Dominic, Andre and Rattler (yes, Rattler is his name). In that time I completed my Rescue Diver Certification, and did 8 recreational dives. Everything from shallow reefs to well in excess of 100' on the Stavronikita.

Peter and his team are absolutely top notch, and well deserving of the ONLY certified PADI 5 Star Dive Operator in Barbados.

Always safety conscious, always professional, I have gone diving in the past with other operators in Barbados, and will NEVER dive with anyone but West Side again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Oliver B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“'Rock' solid Bajan Diving”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This year was our eighth visit to the island and my 5th year diving with Peter and his crew, which equates to more than 70 dives, I was made to feel welcome as ever. As always, there was a relaxed yet professional atmoshpere, dives well planned and suited to the abilities of the divers on the boat. Troy and Andre were absolutely fantastic, very knowledgable and great with the less experienced. The kit is well maintained and the tatty Bcs mentioned in an earlier review have all been replaced. I was on the boat for many of the dives that Chris J did and would certainly agree with him about the quality of the diving, which was as good as ever, even though I had done them before, there is always something new to see, if you are prepared to look. Thanks to a tip off from Chris, we were able to be present at a Barbados Sea Turtle Project hatchling release on one of the many beaches, just watch their Facebook page to see when and where. My only regret this year is that I only did 8 dives and did not get the chance to dive the Stav this trip, the biggest and deepest wreck the island has to offer, but hey there is always next year....

Visited August 2012