“Great time with El Tigre”

El Tigre Catamaran Sailing Cruises
and up
Private Tour: Barbados Catamaran Snorkeling Cruise
Ranked #5 of 74 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to El Tigre Catamaran Cruises! Our goal is to create the most memorable day of your vacation. Our catamarans offer plenty of shade, experienced captain & crew and 4 choices of cruise options. All cruises take you to snorkel with the island's friendly sea turtles and again over a shipwreck with the tropical fish. An open drinks bar is available on all cruises and a Bajan home cooked, buffet style lunch is served onboard the full day (5-hour) cruise excursion. We look forward to having you sail with us soon!
Mississauga, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great time with El Tigre”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I took the 3 hour Catamaran cruise with El Tigre while in port on a Carnival Victory cruise. We booked the excursion online with Stephanie before we left for our cruise. The booking was seamless and the replies were very quick. We were even able to pay in advance using Paypal.
We had a great time out on the water with the crew. The snorkelling was awesome, the cruise was great. Sea turtles, shipwrecks and rum punch what more could you ask for? The crew was very friendly, helpful and fun. We would highly recommend El Tigre to anyone looking to have a good time while in Barbados.
Don't book your catamaran excursion through your cruise ship. Book directly with El Tigre
Great job by Ryan and his staff! Looking forward to doing it again someday!

3 Thank Duckman71

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing day .... Wonderful experience !!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Everything was pretty much as described by the previous reviewer ........ However I just wanted to add my own comments on the experience.

This was the first time I (and my party), had been on a cruise like this and none of us knew what to expect. From the outset, the weather did look dubious and even as we set off we weren't convinced. However, myself and my daughters had an amazing time!!!

In the main, this was due to the crew who were entertaining, attentive, informative and made the day memorable and the other passengers, who were very friendly and mostly fully embraced the party vibe.

The food was sufficient and tasty, just what was needed after the exertions in the water. We swam with and without the vests and felt very comfortable doing so, even though some weren't strong swimmers. And as much as I hear what the previous reviewer said..... At no time did I feel that I or my daughters were unsafe or at any risk.

As nice as it would have been to see more turtles, the two that we did see were definitely worth it!! As were the fish and the wrecks. Maybe because it was our first time, our experience and opinions are little more excitable than those of more seasoned 'cruisers'.... But we were more than happy with the day and felt it offered excellent value for money as well as an experience and memories to treasure.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone and am under strict instructions to take some other friends and family on the cruise whenever we return.

And next time I promise to be more careful .......... And not fall off !!!

2 Thank MamaCita_12
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Fun, but I have seen better.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were picked up at our property on Barbados and taken to Bridgetown for this cruise, which is a plus. Our driver was very very friendly (Dave.)

We did the 5-hour cruise which included lunch, snorkeling and swimming with the turtles.

Due to impending rain, I believe we were not taken where they normally take the boat (somewhere further up the west coast). It was ok though, we were taken to a spot where there are 3 sites you can snorkel on wrecks. I'd say each of 3 crew members took 7-8 guests with them. You snorkel in a group, and swim from site to site. You can wear life vests but not mandatory. I kind of felt it was a bit strenuous. There is a bit of current in the water, and many of us were tired by the time we got back to the boat. The sites/fish weren't the greatest.

Then we went to another area to swim with the turtles. The water here was calmer. One or 2 of the crew members got in and started dropping food to get the turtles to come. There were only 2 turtles, but it was fun to watch them and be so close. I got some great underwater camera shots.

We sailed to another area, near Sandy Lane's beach. Here was a big turn-off. There were 3-4 jet skiiers, trying to sell their services to boat passengers. Now if we just paid for a cruise with lunch and snorkeling and swimming, and drinks, why would we want to spend more to do a jet ski? I guess they are all just trying to earn a living. I was upset though that they were VERY close to the catamaran, and one of them even bumped it, dented it, words were spoken between jet ski man and boat captain, etc. We were allowed to get off and swim there, but again, the jet skis were so close. I was seriously worried they would start their jet skis and not see swimmers around the boat.

Oh, here is another odd thing -- some of the catamaran passengers were from a cruise ship in port that day. They only paid for the 3-hour cruise, not the 5-hour. So, they were dropped off, ON SHORE and got a van from there back to ship. Seemed odd to me. An empty area of beach, we had to pull up and let them off.

There was alot of music, drinking and food on the boat. Lunch was macaroni pie, salads, fish. chicken, desserts, etc. Decent food.

Lastly, but most important to me, I felt there was a safety issue. As I said, life jackets were not mandatory while snorkeling. However, I am not aware of any head count on the boat. When we were moving from place to place, none of the crew asked if we all had our 'other half' or friends with us. There was no safety briefing when you got on the boat to tell you what to do in case of emergency, etc. I have done this sort of cruise before, so I was familiar, but I am sure there were some who have never gone. I just felt if anyone was traveling on this alone, there was no one checking to make sure they got back on the boat.

As a side note, while we were stopped at the snorkeling spot, one of the guests on the boat DID fall overboard. She wasn't doing anything special, and I think she just sort of 'stepped off' by accident. Fortunately she wasn't seriously hurt, just a scrape and bruise on her arm. However, it could have been worse. The crew gave her ice, and expressed concern, but there was nothing in writing, etc.

cardiff
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“El Tigre Catamaran cruise”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent day.Well executed enjoyable trip.Superb staff,and very entertaining.Highly recommended.Good value for money

Visited September 2012
2 Thank maclaren12
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous time with El Tigre!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a great trip with El Tigre! 5 hours on a beautiful sunny day, clean catamaran, excellent food, yummy drinks and friendly, fun staff! Saw many sea turtles and lots of sea life. Would definitely recommend this trip, we had a blast!

Visited July 2012