Lefties
Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We came here for Breakfast from the Hilton on several occasions. The owner is super clean and the fish sandwich are as fresh as they get. We had a lot of fun chatting with the owner. I highly recommend coming here for a cheap awesome breakfast right on the beach!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just got back from an amazing week's visit to Barbados and had the pleasure of meeting Andrew, the owner of Lefties at Pebbles Beach, and maker of fabulous, fresh, flying fish cutter sandwiches. We spent three full days at this amazing beach just outside the Sheraton grounds facing Carlisle Bay, and as we were there in late June, we had this amazing stretch of beach almost to ourselves. When I went to look for a bite for lunch, I found Andrew and his Lefties fresh fish cutter stand, which is situated in the parking lot by the beach near the changing room building. Andrew is a fabulous fellow, who puts his heart and soul into his work, and uses only the freshest fish of the day, and he usually sells out and closes around 1 pm. Andrew likes for his customers to be able to see how he prepares their cutters, which is important. His mini kitchen is spotlessly clean, and we thoroughly enjoyed our cutters for lunch, which Andrew bagged for me and I took back to our beach matts where we enjoyed them right on the beach. The cutters range from $4-$6 USD each ($8-12 Barbados Dollars) and are fabulous value, and delicious! Andrew will do the cutters with egg, cheese and very tasty sauce and they are really lovely. If you need any tips or advice on other things to do and see, just ask Andrew, and he will be more than happy to give you his honest, local perspective advice. So you'll get a wonderful lunch, you'll make a new friend, and you'll look forward to visiting Lefties for many more lunches during your visit to Pebbles Beach.

1  Thank Henry T
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Well, I experienced Lefties day before yesterday & it did not dissapoint! For breakfast I had a egg sandwich & for lunch a fish/egg/cheese sandwich. Andrew knows his stuff! Truly enjoyed it & wished I had one now! I had seen a review for Cuzz's, but didn't try it because I couldn't pull myself away from the beach which was nice and so Leftie's is all I can give a review on, but Nice, very nice! He did remind me a little of the Soup Nazi of Seinfeld fame though...I dropped my lettuce out of the sandwhich & he got a little mad. Everybody's got their thing though I guess. All in all I would definitely recommend it...try it early in your vacation and I'm sure you'll be back! Thanks for the memories Andrew...the two girls from Texas who dropped their lettuce! You do know how to make a memorable sandwich!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I cannot recommend this sandwich bar more highly. My wife and I had a breakfast sandwich here most days during our stay at the Hilton next door. You must try the flying fish, egg, cheese, salad and special sauce on a fresh bread roll. It is amazing. We had this at about 10.30 and it set us up for the rest of the day. Lefties coffee is also good. If you arrive at the cabin and no one is in check the tree to I the right as Lefties is sometimes resting their. Some of Lefties regular clients include chefs from some of Barbados top restaurants.
I real must. However be sure to visit early to avoid disappointment because all food is fresh each day and when it is gone the cabin closes.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family were on our way to go paddle boarding on Mon May 5th. we got dropped off at pebbles beach and just happened upon Lefties.
It was around 9ish in the morning and all were hungry. We all wanted an a egg sandwich for breakfast and the owner was joking around with my kids when he offered me a egg/cheese/and fish cutter w/let & tomato, ketchup and bajan hot sauce.
AUSOME is all I can say.
I let my son have the last bite of my sandwich and he had a fish cutter after his after his egg sandwich he had his first cutter for breakfast.
If you got the time give him a try he's funny and a great deal.