“Such a welcoming atmosphere!!”

Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
“Such a welcoming atmosphere!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I just returned from a 6 day trip in Barbados. We stayed at the Radisson and were sold upon arrival. The staff were extremely friendly and just so warm. It's nice when you can go away and just feel so at peace. The staff at the hotel were so attentive. We had a minor issue with our rooms upon check in and Tremaine wasted no time rectifying the situation. He was great. The rooms were gorgeous. Thank you so much guys for making our 1st time in Barbados a success.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mispris718

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Its a wonderful hotel, great location, lovely accommodation, beautiful beach, with warm and friendly staff. We are regular visitors to the island for the last 7 years and made it a point of staying at the Radisson on this trip. Breakfast although plenty with a vast selection is over priced at $50.00 after all there is only so much food you can eat in one sitting, the breakfast served at Butterfly Beach Hotel offered good selection and plenty flavour at $30.00 much better value. The coffee served at breakfast in all the hotels I have stayed at on the island is not the best, if like me you need a good brew of coffee in the morning go to Artsplash which is 10 min walk from the hotel towards Rockley Beach or head to the Surfers Cafe located towards the fish market Oiston. My husband and I dined at the hotel restaurant in the evening of our arrival, and ordered from their new Asian inspired menu. I love Thai food and as a Londoner we have a number of great Thai restaurants including YumYums I am a believer in " what's on the menu is what I expect on my plate, I was disappointed with the green curry which was not green curry at all but a fiery hot, sweet, coconut sauce... with no flavour of Thailand on the plate i.e. lemongrass, thai basil, corinader, ginger! My husband ordered the who snapper which was NOT a whole snapper at all, it was a large fillet of snapper again the flavours described for this dish on the menu was not present in the plate served. On the note of Health & Safety, while sun bathing on the beach winds were strong and one of the parasols flew out of its holder (which I should add was wedged in with a piece of wood to secure it instead of the insert pins that the manufacturer provide with the parasol) unfortunately for me the parasol hit me in my lower back. My back was sore for a few days. I informed, the staff and advised that the staff responsible for the beach area should be informed and the parasol not be used only with the proper pin. The young lady apologised and informed me that she would get it sorted. However the next day the same parasol was out again the wind kicked up and sure enough the parasol few out onto the beach lucky no one was in the area. Advised the staff again and a few days later new fully functioning parasols were installed. Nice one Radisson! But you guys need to sort that bed very...very hard beds murder on my back!

Room Tip: Hotel staff are very helpful, so if you have any preferences, issues or suggestions let them know th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank linda l
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Linda L,

We greatly appreciate your review of your stay with us recently . Thank you for acknowledging the warm staff , lovely rooms and overall great location.

Our breakfast does indeed has great selection, our Chefs make it a point to showcase not only traditional breakfast items, but also local treats ,such as flying fish, pumpkin fritters, breadfruit and cod fish and the like. The price per person is actually $45.00 Barbados dollars, inclusive of 10% standard service charge and 17.5 % Value Added Tax ( $35.29 net of taxes and service charge) .

Our Chefs have taken note of your comments regarding the dishes described and are reviewing, those specific presentation styles and culinary techniques.

Please accept our apologies regarding the beach umbrella, unusually high winds were experienced here on the South Beach on some days . As you mentioned we were able to address your concern .

Once again thank you for a well written review and your opening compliment...... "It's a wonderful hotel "

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms and a really nice beach but there is nowhere to get a cappuccino as they said the machine was broken! I like a nice coffee in the morning to start my day and this is quite annoying. If something is broken, you fix it, simple!!
Apart from that it is a nice hotel in a quiet location.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lickley1
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Lickley 1,

Thank you for your review , regarding your most recent stay . Please accept our apologies regarding the brief unavailability of cappuccino. At the time you requested the hot beverage, the cappuccino machine was undergoing a routine service and cleaning , and was not broken in any way. This was conducted immediately after normal breakfast service .

That being said, an apologetic restaurant team member delivered a complimentary cappuccino to your room within 15 minutes of the initial request ,as the servicing was now complete . We appreciate that the hot beverage service was not immediate and for that we apologise .

I'm happy that you enjoyed the location, room and hotel ambience in general and hope that you will return in the near future.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I along with our daughter and son in law spent eight wonderful nights at the Radisson recently. This was our second visit as we stayed there in December with a large family group and loved it so much that we decided to return. This is now our home away from home.

We have been visiting Barbados for many years and we are thrilled to have now discovered this beautiful property. The Radisson is situated on one of the best beaches in Barbados known as "Carlisle Bay" with its white powdery sand and calm turquoise waters. There are several loungers and umbrellas available and there is a great grill on the beach serving tasty lunch items and drinks including fresh coconut water.

The main dining room is an open aired venue built out into the water which provides a beautiful view on both sides of the bay. The meals (breakfast and dinner) served here are always tasty and well presented.

Perhaps the greatest feature of this hotel is its wonderful management and staff who are always so friendly and efficient and will go out of their way to make guests feel comfortable. A big thank you to all of them who are so ably led by General Manager Gerry.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is contemplating a visit to Barbados.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra V
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Hotel from the 13th until 19th May 2014 for 6 nights but we wished it was for the whole of our holiday.
What a beautiful modern Hotel with FAB views of the best beach, Carlisle Bay and magical sunsets. The rooms are so clean and well laid out, with a large comfortable bed with bottles of water every day, what a lovely touch.
The hotel is so well kept, making updates all the time.
They have the most amazing staff. We were looking for our Bajan family / Ancestor and the staff couldn’t do enough to help.
This hotel is in a great location, close to the boat yard, restaurants, walking distance to Bridgetown.
We had the most fantastic time and hope to go back next year with our children and their partners.
We would like to take this time to say thank you to Mr Nicolas the Owner, Mr Gerry Lewis the General Manage, Tremaine, Richard, Rodney along with all the other staff, thank you.

Love from Mandy Robert xx

PS this was booked on a room only bases but other people say that the breakfast was very good with lovely view of the ocean /beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MandyRob16
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the Radisson and look forward to returning again in the future. The beach is perfect and it is worth getting up early to see the horses swimming with the trainers from the local racetrack. The food quality and service at the Neptune Grill was excellent. You can tell that the manager and staff are pround of their hotel and it is kept very clean. I would have given it 5 stars if their were better dinner options (mediocre Asian food was not what we were looking for). A short 2 minute walk to Brown Sugar is worth it for dinner another great option for pizza/pasta is Mamma Mia's.

With some minor tweaks this will become one of the best value hotels in Barbados.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Grant H
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Hutchis2014,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados . We are thrilled that you had a enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for your recommendation to everyone visiting this site .

Neptune's Grill is certainly growing in popularity with our Guests and locals alike, I'm happy you enjoyed the cuisine and service provided there.

We look forward to your return visit . Thank you once again .

Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Aquatic Resort in Barbados it wasn't my choice it was the business who booked me there. However I was very pleased with the choice. We got there after 11pm and the checking only took 10 minutes for 3 people. When I got in my room I was surprised to see sandwiches, water and coke on the credenza. it was great because I was hungry after a 3 1/2 hour flight. the room was cleaned and well organized, the bed was comfortable too. the view from my balcony was awesome. the place was nice and quiet. the restaurant was also clean and good service. the people were very nice. the surrounding were clean and well kept. what i like the best was the laid back atmosphere and not rushing or lots of people and not many kids so it is great for couples and people who just want mental health time. the beach was beautiful, very clean and the pool nice and warm in the evening. after working all day in the heat and walking like crazy that pool was perfect. the location of the hotel was very close o many other restaurants, beaches, stores and entertainment. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants mental health time.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the pool it has the best view to the sunsets...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Odie998
Dear Odie998,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review here on tripadvisor.com, particularly after a very busy business trip . I'm glad that our facilities and services were able to relax you after long days .

I must agree that the tranquil Caribbean Sea, majestic sunsets and warm and friendly smiles from the staff, are all therapeutic in nature . You must find some time to return for a holiday in the near future .

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Gerry Lewis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#23 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados? Share your experiences!