“Stunning location, warm and friendly staff, top manager!”

Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family (wife and three children) stayed here for a week in April - and we did not want to leave! The location on the beach is stunning and close to a number of places where you can do water-based activities and boat tours. Having access to sun loungers and umbrellas on the beach and the pool was ideal and allowed the children to spread themselves out and really enjoy themselves. In terms of drinking and dining, the hotel itself has everything you need but there are also places nearby which give you other options if you like to mix things up a but, such as the Sahara grille.

The hotel manager, Gerry Lewis, was extremely warm and friendly and clearly proud of his hotel and staff - and justifiably so. All of the members of staff we met were lovely and made us all feel extremely welcome - which for me is the most important thing on a holiday with family (which can sometimes be rather stressful); Rodney and Carlisle made Happy Hour very happy! the kids loved chatting to Ricardo about different card games, Cheryl was both extremely friendly and very helpful in giving us an idea about what the island was like at different times of the year and suggesting places to visit, Leanette and all the staff at The Neptune Grill were wonderful - and the food there was a huge hit with everyone (Flying Fish burgers are a must!). Finally, all of the ladies on reception - but especially Regina - were wonderful too.

Overall, the location, facilities and especially the staff all made this a great holiday destination for us - and the perfect way to relax and unwind under the Caribbean sun in a warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere. I would recommend the Radisson Aquatica to anyone wishing for a stress-free, sun-kissed Caribbean holiday... and I would definitely love to return myself. Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 'Jason T
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Greetings from Barbados Jason,

It was absolutely our pleasure looking after you and your wonderful family recently. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding those staff members who took great care of your family , we continue to receive similar comments for other guests . I will ensure that they are all congratulated.

Thank you for the brilliant and thorough review of our facilities and services, we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband, my two boys and I had an amazing holiday at this wonderful hotel. The beach is just extraordinary and having breakfast every morning over the beach gazing at the crystal blue water was the best start to each day. The staff were excellent from Nigel the porter who was always friendly and willing to help, Ezra the beach/pool man who was always so happy, friendly and good with my wild boys who often made a mess around the pool and beach, and Regina on the reception desk who recommended superb restaurants and made all our reservations. These staff members made our stay in Barbados a very memorable holiday. I would go back in a heart beat. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: No kids room - the only thing that is lacking for families with young kids. Although my kids did not...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cassandra D

Dear Casandra

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent family holiday . We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time with us . Thank you for making mention of those team members who made your stay a special one . Ezra in particular had a large smile on his face when I shared your review with him, he said " yes boss I remember the boys !!!!", with a kind chuckle .

Thank you once again, we hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson for five days in April with our two children. It was a disappointment and I would not recommend it. Except for the front desk staff who are very good, the staff at the hotel simply do not care.

After a long flight, we arrive at the hotel around 3 p.m. We were told our rooms would be ready shortly. They were not ready for another two hours. Our friend tried to order a drink at the bar the next day. The person staffing the bar could not make it because he was a not a bartender and said the bartender would be back until 2:00 p.m. This was at noon. We went back to have a pre-dinner cocktail and again, no bartender.

The staff at breakfast are not responsive and if you ask for an omelet or extra cheese or crispy bacon or basically, anything that's not sitting on a table at the buffet, they will stare at you for several seconds before trying to help. There is also a jewelry store in the hotel. Every time my wife tried to visit, we were told that the young lady was out. It became a running joke. My wife would try to visit the store at different times and, of course, the young lady was "out".

The rooms are clean and comfortable but a bit small. The electronics are substandard. I think there was only about 11 TV channels, without the usual kids channels and no ability to order movies for when the children are asleep in a connecting room. The air conditioning is very loud but I think that's helpful in putting the children to sleep. However, it may be disturbing for sensitive sleepers.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Carlisle Beach, as far as I can tell, is one of the best beaches on Barbados. It's clean, clear, shallow and calm. Our children loved it and we were highly impressed. You can spend your entire day at this beach. Water sports are also available. Frankly, I think it was one of the best beaches I've seen in the Caribbean for families.

Lastly, the dining at the Radisson is substandard. After our first breakfast buffet, we decided not to go back. Instead, we walked on the beach to the Hilton every morning for breakfast. Lunch at Neptune's Grille is not as bad (try the fish tacos) as breakfast but there are much better options. Cuz's Fish Shack is on the beach the fish sandwiches are excellent. Sahara is a five minute walk and serves great middle eastern wraps. Frankly, we didn't bother having dinner at the hotel restaurant. We went back to the Hilton or went to Brown Sugar, both of which are short walks.

Overall, I would not recommend the Radisson and we won't be staying here again. It just doesn't meet the usual standards of a nice beach hotel. The perfect beach is, unfortunately, not worth the poor service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank NewDadCT
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear NewDadct,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your recent stay. While all our staff have been trained for 100% guest satisfaction, I would have expected them to exceed your expectations as they have done for so many other guests who have written glowing reviews. The various constructive points raised in your review are fully appreciated by our Team and they will be used to improve our service delivery. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you experienced while vacationing with us. I will be contacting you personally and hope you will give us an opportunity to correct the impression you have expressed.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review so we can deliver only the finest hospitality at the Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados. I can also be reached at Gerry.lewis@radisson.com

Reviewed April 20, 2014

In Barbados for 10 days, 5 days were spent at the Radisson..... loved the hotel and the beach was to die for!! Staff were friendly, food excellent and the room was clean. Low season so the hotel was not full which meant no lineups and always a great spot in the shade on the beach. Many thanks to the morning chef Margaret who treated us like family and always took care of us, she even made my wife and I sandwiches for the trip back home (which were delicious)!! Thanks also goes to the rest of the staff for making our stay enjoyable and fun.

This was our 2nd stay at the Radisson and we look forward to coming back in the near future.

Room Tip: IMO - Rooms facing Bridgetown have a great view of the island, city skyline especially at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I have just spent eight days at this wonderful hotel, everything was perfect. Our thanks and great appreciation to all of the wonderful staff. In the bar and restaurant we were looked after with superb service from Kavita, Rodney, Carlise, Nicole and Deborah. A million thanks from Lynn and Andy x

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy B
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel..beautiful white sand beach downstairs. Very friendly staff that will go out of their way to ensure you are happy. Great food from breakfast to dinner. Also a nice little hut on the beach with snacks and drinks. Would definitely stay here again :) had a great week!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Anne-Marie M
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Anne-Marie M,

We are so happy to hear that you had a great week at the Radisson Aquatica . We all enjoyed serving you and ensuring that you were treated like royalty !! Thanks for the acknowledgement on our food, and yes Neptune's Grill is a great little spot right on the beach, for tasty Caribbean dishes.

Thanks once again,hope to see you soon

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I went with my fiancé after she won a trip there with the radio station 104.5, We stayed 7 wonderful days. Met some amazing ppl who also won Like Ryan and his wife and Sam and his gf. The staff we great to us, and Very warm and friendly. the rooms were very clean and the view was perfect!!!Special thank you to Cheryl Blackmon, and MGR Gerry Lewis, for alI his help with the meal plan ,will tell any and everybody to stay at the Radisson ....

~Julien

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julien L
Gerry L, General Manager at Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Julien ,

On behalf of the Management and Staff of Radisson Aquatica, I extend sincere thanks to you for your wonderful review, we were all delighted to serve you during your recent stay.

I'm very pleased to hear that the staff looked after you well, and it was certainly the pleasure of Cheryl and myself to assist in any way that we could .

Thank you for spreading the word about us , hope to see you again

Gerry Lewis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados? Share your experiences!