“Great fun for all ages”
Review of Calypso Cruises

Calypso Cruises
Ranked #6 of 75 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an award winning, relaxed fun day of sailing a 43 foot catamaran boat that cruises along the coast of Barbados! We sail with limited numbers to ensure a more personal and intimate experience. Our 5 hour tour includes pick up from your hotel/resort/ship, snorkeling with the turtles, ship wreck or reef and a leisurely lunch stop. We provide snorkeling gear, hors d' houerves while we sail, a full 'Bajan buffet lunch [this includes local fish, baked chicken, macaroni pie, pasta salad, potato salad, tossed salad and dinner rolls/garlic bread & delicious deserts] and an open bar to keep you hydrated and relaxed. We serve wine, rum punch, coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks throughout the day! We have cruises during the day and evening cruises. Warning: don't save this for your last day, you will want to do it again during your stay in Barbados! You can also book a private cruise! Our boat is available for private charter for those of you that want the boat for a birthday party, wedding party, or just an intimate getaway. For this we charge by the hour, with a minimum of 3 hour or for as long as you would like the experience to last. We usually take a maximum of 14 guests but we allow up to 20 people for these cruises. Calypso Girl is a 2003 43ft fontaine pajot sailing catamaran that is very comfortable and stable, perfect for just about every one. She has a custom ladder making it easy to get in and out of the water. A huge head (bath room) , indoor and out door seating so you can get just the right amount of sun, and a big front net for you to relax on.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We spent a day with Nick and his crew which ended up being the best part of our trip to Barbados. We had all ages in our party and all were accomdated wonderfully. Everything was provided - food, snack, beer, rum, juice, snorkels etc.
The kids swim with turtles and were taken to see the various ship wrecks. Then we sailed up the west coast which was wonderful experence and stoppted off for lunch on a private beach. Only problem we had was not enough sun cream and too much alcohol !!!!

You will not be disappointed and we will be re-booking with Nick next year.

Thanks guys.

2  Thank Enjoysun12
There are newer reviews for Calypso Cruises

Reviewed August 3, 2014

an amazing day from start to finish.The crew Nick,Val and Fatty(thats his name) cannot do enough for you,from the moment the cat sails the food and drinks flow not the usual cheap stuff you normally get on these days out but proper stuff like banks beer,salmon,different cheeses,flying fish,chicken and more...swimming with turtles,snorkelling over shipwrecks and a secluded beach are all included as well as a cruise up the west coast.This was easily the best boat/cat trip we have been on and would recommend this day out to anyone.

3  Thank dave e
Reviewed July 28, 2014

What an amazing day!

So I've seen these boat excursions in various ports I've been to where the passengers are stacked all over the deck like cord wood, heading out for a sail. If you have seen the same thing, erase that image from your mind. A trip on the Calypso Girl is nothing like that. Captain, crew and passengers we had 15 on our sail.

We swam with the sea turtles, snorkeled a few shallow water ship wrecks, anchored off an amazing beach for a swim in crystal clear water, and had an absolutely delicious Bajan style lunch complete with a full offering of drinks from the bar.

Nick and Val were a hoot, the water was amazing and the food was incredible. Fatty (one of the crew) made sure I had a full cold beer in my hands at all times. Nick was always circulating among the passengers with a tray of something delicious, and Val was capably at the helm.

If you are interested in the technical aspects of sailboats and sailing, be sure to ask Val and Nick about the story of the Calypso Girl.

So to answer the question, "Would you recommend this to a friend?", my answer is an enthusiastic YES and as the title of the review states, "When can I go again?"...

4  Thank UlvaZell
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We come to Barbados each year and have tried a few Catamarans over the years. This trip today made me instantly join trip adviser and write a review. Please never use anyone other than calypso cruises and Nick and Val. I couldn't afford anything but the best as it was my daughters 8th birthday and my fathers 76th Birthday and wanted the day to be unique. My wife said she has never had a better day in her life and we are well travelled and done lots of excursions/trips etc. The Bajan part of my family always moan about something but could find nothing to moan about, they actually couldn't stop praising the day. One of our party is disabled but this was no problem to Nick and Val. Food was unreal from cheeses and salmon starters to Mac Pie, Flying Fish and Chicken. Trust me if it was not good my family would have told them. Their knowledge is unreal and service tremendous. All hotel guests should chip together and avoid the rammed trips through your tour operator and get enough for a cruise with these guys. It works out a lot cheaper and The big catamaran cruises don't care about you a quarter as much. Trust me I know. I've been lucky in finding Calypso and I want to give everyone the heads up. You might only do this trip once in your life. Make it Count !!!!

5  Thank Leonforde
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nick and Val are great guys and really made the cruise an enjoyable experience. I don't think i managed to get half way through a beer without another ice cold one magically appearing before me and whats better then cold beer and a relaxing cruise, not much. The guys are knowledgeable and entertaining and a day on their boat really makes you appreciate what a day in paradise should be like. Cant wait to share a few more beers with the guys someday while enjoying the diving and great food.