“Awesome time paddleboarding with Jason” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paddle Barbados

Paddle Barbados
Ranked #15 of 71 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Paddle Barbados is the one-stop-shop for everything SUP in Barbados. We offer SUP Classes, SUP Tours, private lessons and board rentals. Paddle Barbados opened in March 2012 and has grown significantly since. SUP has taken off around the world, and it was time for Barbados to join the fun. Paddle Barbados is bringing SUP to life on the island, as we build a fun and inviting SUP Community for locals, tourists, and anyone looking for an adventure and/or workout on the water. Please contact us directly to make your reservation!
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome time paddleboarding with Jason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend and I decided to try stand up paddleboarding (SUP) after we saw a description in one of the little books on Barbados at our hotel. As much as we both enjoyed relaxing on the beach, we also wanted to do something more active. We're so glad we decided to do SUP at Paddle Barbados! Since we had booked the lesson ahead of time (the 10AM slot since we wanted to be out of the mid day sun, and had plans to go to the Oistins fish fry later at night) we ended up getting a private lesson from Jason. He was great at teaching the techniques for SUP, and we were soon out to sea! SUP is quite the workout and I really enjoyed it, even though I was pretty tired by the end. Also, if you need help or start drifting out to sea, Jason would come to the rescue and help steer you back, so I always felt safe (though I would suggest also putting on the lifejacket). All in all a great experience that I'm glad I did, even though all my muscles are sore! But relaxing on the beach helped that. Would definitely go back and do it again.

Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Paddle Boarding A MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our trip to Barbados was a great place for us to try Paddle Boarding being that the water is so clam and serene..especially at Carlisle bay where we met Jason, Sarah, and Jason's sweet daughter.
Jason teaches you the basic and safety moves (if you fall off)on land. We were a group of three, my husband, our niece and myself...Im not a great swimmer, and was very nervous out of the bunch, but felt more comfortable having a life vest on. But I was determined to do this!
I was the first one to fall off but remembering how Jason taught us how to get back on the board I was back on and standing on my board in an instant..I started doing pretty well and actually became the best one out of the three of us HA! My husband had such a hard time getting back on his board when he fell into the water and my niece (an airman by the way) kept falling off. I think being that i was most nervous and I made it a point to really pay attention and it piad off!! We even saw a turtle swim underneath our boards! Sarah and Jason are very patient, kind and easy going! Paddle boarding with them was of the highlights of out trips. Here's foodie tip ask Jason about Cuz's fish stand right behind where jason parks his truck..literally steps a way- fresh f fish filet sandwich! Yum! what a way to end the day! He sells out quick, hope your lucky to get a taste!

Visited July 2012
“Great fun with great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

You gotta try this. Anyone from kids to adults can do this. Jason and his wife Sarah took the two of us out in a group of 8. They are great. So relaxed and really helpful and they do it all with a smile on their faces. They genuinely enjoy what they do and want others to enjoy the experience of stand up paddling.
It's well priced for the time you get on the water. Just expect to fall off a few times but with a bit of practise it becomes great fun.
It's in a great location on a great beach called Pebbles beach. Trust me. Go there, see it and try the boarding. You're not going to be disappointed.

Montreal, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Warm, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Jason always has a smile and is always very helpful. I've watched him now many times teaching people how to SUP. He's so patient and encouraging. No one can feel rushed. He'll walk you through it. Thanks Jason! See you on my next trip! Lucie

London
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great fun, good workout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Jason picked us up from our hotel, making getting to the beach really easy. He was a really nice guy, chatty all the way. The lesson started with an on beach demo and safety tips. Then into the water! There were 7 of us on the lesson, Jason talked us all through he technique - and rescued me when I fell in and decided to drink way too much sea! The kids took to it really well, standing up for a lot of the time. After my first attempt, Jason managed to get me up on the board and actually SUPed for a short distance!

This is well worth having a go at. Jason was so patient with us all, guiding and helping us. I'd suggest taking some extra cash to use the clubhouse to have a drink and maybe bite to eat, enjoy the beach and watch the sunset.