“Breadfruit heaven”

Ryanne's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #31 of 110 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Paynes Bay, Barbados
“Breadfruit heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went there today after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Great place for authentic local food. JToo late for the lamb but tried the jerk chicken - yummy spicy. Breadfruit done in a tomato based sauce with green pepper & onion, baked with cheese on top. SO GOOD!!! Would go back for that alone. Lots of properly cooked mixed veg and salad, bottle of soda water to drink and only $23BBD. Stuffed enough that no dinner needed. Worth every penny of it. Will go back again when in town for a day of wandering and lunch. And, always a bonus in my book - washroom is clean & tidy!!!

• Visited March 2014

Chemainus, Canada
“Great local Bajan food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife, her brother, sister-inlaw and myself all chose Ryanne's restaurant to dine at as many locals around the downtown area of Bridgetown recommended it. We were extremely happy with this choice as the restaurant is located upstairs and the patio overlooks the hustle and bustle of downtown.
We opted for the buffet featuring local Bajan cuisine and we were not disappointed. The flying fish I really enjoyed as well as other traditional Bajun sides. We were impressed with the personable staff and owner of the restaurant as they made our stay every enjoyable. My wife and I will return next week!

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“True local food and VERY tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I cant believe some people.

We went to Ryanne's on a recommendation from a local and whilst sitting down we noticed a family from "Europe" sit down then order a club sandwich and three burger and chips.

I was gobsmacked when the father said....I think ill try the flying fish and changed to a burger thanks to a chorus of "uuurgh that sounds disgusting' from his family......what the f........

They missed a truly culinary experience in West Indian food.

Yes the decor is a little rough and ready but who cares when food is this good.

I had the buffet selection of authentic home cooked West Indian food. The brown stew chicken cou cou jerk pork flying fish and macaroni pie etc were delicious.

If you are unadventurous in your culinary tastes like some of the contributors here stay away.

If you want truly scrumptious local food......ignore the slow service and decor and enjoy what was for me a memorable meal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 747wade
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bajan experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Food was simply delish!! Owner was warm and gave her recommendation as to what my husband and I should try. We had the flying fish and coucou and was not disappointed. Waiter was also very great!! Advertised well on the cruise ship and we were totally satisfied customers!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Latoya M
Neath, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Unfortunately unlike the other reviews I was really disappointed this visit . We have eaten in this place before and enjoyed the meal but not on this occasion. My husband had the Bajan Buffett which was tasty if a bit too many flavours on one plate. I chose the house salad, what a disappointment . It consisted of half an iceberg lettuce, 4 slices of cucumber, overlooked bacon and a bit of chicken oh and some smelly cheese on top!!!!. We had to wait 45 mins for the meal, whilst waiting the local people we're served before us. I would neither return or recommend this place. Try Mustors down the road!!!

• Visited November 2013