“Yummy fish Cakes”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Bridgetown
Mt. Calvary
“Yummy fish Cakes”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Fish cakes in Barbados are out of this world. They are the best I have ever tasted. My husband and son loved them too! These are a must try when you are in Barbados.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank MamaZ12

Bridgetown
“WHERE DE FISH?”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Tasty fish cakes but where's the salt fish? We are ruining our traditions by not adhering to the original recipes...just put more fish and all will be well! That's when you get five points.

1 Thank Rosemary P
Barbados
“Bajan fish cakes”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is a very popular place to buy fish cakes and can be found all over

2 Thank HighlyFavoured
New York City, New York
“Try the hot balls of something or other”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I love the atmosphere at this stand, but that's about it. The place seems popular, and it's a very local menu. The hot cakes are served hot, but I'd hardly call them legendary. Eating one, I couldn't tell what it was. It could have just as easily been a piping hot zeppole (fried dough ball) from an Italian street fair.

I'm glad I went. The fish cakes are cheap, and you might as well try one if you walk by, but don't order much more.

Also, I tried the homemade mauby, a local drink made with water, bitters, and sugar. It's heavy on the bitters, so while it may be a local delicacy and worth sampling, it was far too bitter for my taste.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank dberkowitz
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,087 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,516 helpful votes
“The best fish cakes in Barbados”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We discovered this place when we were exploring Bridgetown (doesn't have too much to see).
These hot fish cakes are very similar with a Portuguese recipe. They are really yummy. When I was in Barbados I tried lots of fish cakes and I think that these ones are the best!

• Visited December 2011