“Great day out”

Billfisher Deepsea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Billfisher III is under new ownership and management with Captain Ralph "Ralphie" White who has been a avid fisherman since childhood and in the early 90's was a successful charter captain for a few years. This 40' Viking Sport Fisherman has been owned and operated by Captain Winston White, known to many as "The Colonel". Together with his valuable experience and knowledge of the deep sea fishing industry and my extensive experience in the tourism industry for over 25 years, it is my intention to transform Billfisher III into the best and most popular fishing charter experience for visiting anglers. We offer a range of private fishing charters, shared party fishing, and speciality fish and swimming snorkel experiences. Our boat is well equipped and is very spacious, with a large flybridge and cockpit with 3 fighting chairs. We target a variety of species year round. Come fish!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a half day on the Billfisher recently. The crew were friendly and helpful, we caught some Tuna and a couple of big Baracuda. Our hotel cooked them up for us the next night. Great way to spend a day.

Visited December 2013

Sun Lakes, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best of the Lot”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A small group of us who stay at The Crane in St Phillips each winter have been chartering with Billfisher at the Bridgetown Port every year for over a decade. On a couple of occasions when we couldn't get a trip with Billfisher we have gone with other boats, but frankly it's just not the same. If there's fish out there on any given day, Jeff (the captain) knows where they are, and Ricardo (the mate) knows how to get them into the boat! We've had some really memorable trips - and we've only been "skunked" once, and that in a season in which nobody was catching anything. A few years ago, off Oistens, we caught 19 Kingfish and three large maui-maui in the space of forty-five or so minutes - the only time I've every see Ricardo out of breath! And last winter I hooked a marlin off Bridgetown that the crew estimated at about 280 pounds, taking almost an hour to get it into the boat. Our trips with Billfisher have always been enjoyable, the boat itself is powerful enough in Jeff's skilled hands to deal with rough waters when they are encountered, the sandwiches are always fresh and the beer is cold. There's a wide choice of charters in Bridgetown, but for my money Billfisher and it's crew is the best of the lot.

Visited March 2013
BillfisherIII, Manager at Billfisher Deepsea Fishing, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We love having you in the boat! Thanks for choosing the Billfisher! We can't wait to have you back in February!
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st ever game fishing trip”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my 1st trip out and I couldn't have enjoyed it more , caught 2wahoo and found both crew very helpful , can't remember name of chap on rods but he was a great laugh and quick on feet with the baits and tackle , mind you his dancing was terrible. He explained everything that was done when asked and I cant wait to return for another go ,many thanks to bill fisher .

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sandysir
BillfisherIII, Manager at Billfisher Deepsea Fishing, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Billfisher III. Mate Ricardo and Captain Jeff are great fun and they know what they are doing too. Come fish with us again next time you are in Barbados!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not too impressed!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This was to be my first ever deep sea fishing adventure! Really looking forward to this trip, there was me and another guy booked on this trip who was from another hotel. The night before we were due to go I received a phone call from a lady saying that as there was only two of us booked to go the next day she wanted an extra hundred dollars from each of us to make it worth while for them to take us out! Never was it mentioned when I booked this trip about minimum numbers! After a short moment I naievly agreed to pay the extra money thinking that if there was only two of us going then all the better for us? A lady picked me up from my hotel 20 mim late, because she had some stuff to do at home as she had some workmen coming. The van we were picked up in was barely roadworthy too! When we arrived at the port a brief heated discussion was held between the woman and the crew before we got on board. Once on board she said right these are the baits you will be using and if you get a fish don't give it any slack or let the rod tip drop, then announced that she had to get back home. The skipper was pleasant enough but he disappeared upstairs to steer the boat, the mate wandered about the deck not even uttering a single word. The boat was not the nicest or cleanest either. Once we got going the mate cast out the lines and then sat down and drifted in and out of sleep for most of the trip. Luckily the guy who had also came on this trip was an experienced deep sea fisher and proceeded to tell me what was going on and what would happen if a fish took our bait etc. We eventually hooked a small fish which my co-fisherman allowed me to bring to the boat as this was my first trip ( for which I was very grateful for his gentlemanly sportsmanship). No other fish were caught on this trip and we were both left a little disappointed ( not by the lack of fish caught as that's the chance you take) but with the poor service, having to get our own drinks, no instruction, barely any conversation, basically just an expensive boat ride! I would definitely go deep sea fishing again in Barbados but not with this operator!

4 Thank Edmundtrebus
Amesbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unreliable unprofessional untrustworthy - don't use if you want to go fishing in Barbados.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Booked and paid deposit via hotel concierge several days in advance. 4 hour Deep see fishing trip confirmed by Billfisher with a 06:30 start. Night before due to go a message was left with hotel saying trip postponed as "other" client who had booked the trip had stomach upset. We rang and spoke to a lady who promised to rearrange and ring us back. Promised us a call in morning - no call, we rang them, promised call in afternoon - no call, promised call in evening - you guessed it, nothing heard so we rang them. Hotel concierge also telephoned and was told by lady reason for cancellation was "flu" but rescheduled trip was being arranged. This went on for a few days over time but they never phoned back once as promised. Couldn't book with alternative boat as had paid a deposit to Billfisher. End result never went fishing which was to be my holiday highlight. Got my deposit back from concierge on last day before flight back who was equally disgusted and who tried to get me a trip that day but sadly everyone else was fully booked. If Billfisher had been honest instead of stringing me along I could have booked with someone else earlier. Bottom line they didn't honour their contractual obligation because they were under subscribed due to "illness" of the other client or never had anyone else in the first place. Shame on you Billfisher for ruining my holiday.

7 Thank koogeybear
It does seem like a terrible mix up. We do not have a female driver, neither do our drivers board the boat. We have a courteous male driver Joel, he prides himself in being early. Our driver is a contracted worker and knows very little if anything at all about deep sea fishing and would most definitely not tell you about bait, because he doesn't board the boat. It seems as though you went fishing on one of the other boats in the marina. This is indeed a horrible review and obviously the wrong boat.