“Fantastic experience”

Jolly Roger 1 - Black Pearl Party Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Barbados Shore Excursion: Party Cruise and...
Ranked #32 of 81 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ahoy Mateys! The ORIGINAL Jolly Roger 1 is back! This boat is bought to you by Black Pearl Party Cruises. The most fun in the sun in the Caribbean!Please check out our website and become a fan on facebook - search for "Barbados Black Pearl Jolly Roger 1".
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Unlike many others who did the 'booze cruise', I made reservations for the 4 hour snorkeling trip. This was well worth the money!!! I was extremely lucky to be the only person booked for a snorkeling trip that day. This made the experience even that much better, especially since it was my first time snorkeling. My guide was awesome (I wish I could remember his name). The first stop was to see turtles. He threw feed out to get them closer and once I was in the water, he threw food out by me so they would swim around me. It was INCREDIBLE!!! After, it was off to the shipwreck sights. Unfortunately there was a storm front blowing in so the visibility was reduced at the 2nd shipwreck sight. Once back on shore, I was able to pick my lunch from their menu (lunch was included in the trip). The flying fish and macaroni pie was really good. The worst part was I had to share the transportation to and from the hotel with 9 other people. On the way there was fine, returning was a different story. I was stuck in a van with 9 extremely drunk people (1 who almost threw up in the back of the van) who were on the booze cruise while I snorkeled. I definitely could have lived without that part but wouldn't change anything else!!

1  Thank Melissa G
in 8 reviews
"dinner cruise"
"snorkel spot"

Reviewed October 2, 2013

If you want to combine some sun, snorkeling, fun and party then this is the ship for you. The crew and Captain are great. You make two snorkel stops: first over a sunken ship then the next over another reef where you may just see some turtles, we did. Then the fun really begins. They drop the plank and break out the rope swing and a good time is had by all. Once they are underway back to port the bar is opened up. The party really got going topside and continued on the fist deck as well. Dancing, singing, everyone was smiling and having a great time. There was a Pirate wedding and I believe a Pirate divorce too. It was just a very fun way to end the trip. Lunch was available too for a fee if it was not included in your ticket price.
One thing I would advise, if you plan on snorkeling, bring your own gear. The gear they issue obviously has been used a lot and isn’t in the best shape. My mask leaked so badly on the first snorkel site, I could not even use it. Since I was away from the ship, I just enjoyed the warm water while my wife snorkeled. In between sites I made up a good mask between the parts from 3 others. My snorkel was the same issue; I had to combing parts from a few to make up one good one.
Other than the gear issue, it was a great trip. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I took this excursion. First, there was no interaction between the crew and the people on board. They took us to 2 different places and both were choppy waters so deep you couldn't see anything snorkeling. The snorkeling equipment was so bad that we tried 3 different masks each and they wouldn't seal so your mask filled up with salt water. We are certified divers so we are very experienced in salt water. We know how to make a mask seal if there is any possible way and there wasn't. They did serve drinks and food for purchase. I don't recommend this excursion.

2  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went on excursion with my girlfriend in september 2013. When we set sail you could see a squall coming. When we got to the first dive spot (20 min sail) it was raining, lightning and very choppy water The lightning was crackling all around while we were snorkling so we got back on the boat. The captain finally got everyone back on board but no refunds were offered. They said it was the cruise lines responsibility. They do not provide fins which makes swimming much more difficult. Its all about getting the money

1  Thank 662john
See more reviews
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Jolly Roger was the only trip we did during our holiday to Barbados! But it was the best and worth every penny. We did the all inclusive evening trip on a Thursday, which comprised, all drinks, food and a show before boarding, which I can only describe as comedy! We were laughing so much! There was also a fire breather and a limbo dancer! A great way to start the evening cruise.
Once we boarded, we got familiar with the ship and after our safety briefings the antics begun with lots of pirate activities. We participated in the pirate and wench activities and the organisers with their costumes made a fun and fantastic evening! With both suffering with anxiety, we were a little concerned about the evening, but we did participate and we were not made to feel uncomfortable at all. Evening dinner was extremely good for an on board BBQ and once you load your plate, you make your way to find a seat before stuffing your face! Just remember, you will be dancing later, so try not to consume too much so that you can't move!
After dinner, loud music and lots of dancing.
One very good thing about this experience is that they take lots of digital photos throughout the evening, including at the show and at the bar before you board, they don't sell these to you, they email you a website link, where you can view and download them free of charge. Now why don't more places do this!
In all fun to do, funny and fantastic!
Before I go, the ship toilets were excellent, proper toilets and urinals, clean and fresh, soap, water and towels, not like some trips I have been on.