My Boy and I stayed at this hotel April 23 to May 2 , 2014, apparently Nine days after a We just couldn't handle all the snow this winter and had to get away, so this was a leisure trip. Our purpose was to get as much sun as possible.
We have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Part of that clearly has to do with the fact that the hotel was brand new, so everything was spotless. And we pretty much had the hotel to ourselves as we saw only a couple of other patrons. Apparently we were the first to sleep in the room that the hotel staff gave us. We did have a view of the ocean from our window, which was across the street and behind some buildings.
Marriott is not a beachside hotel did not affect us.
Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our room was large and spacious. I didn't have any problems connecting my computer to the Internet. Just two oddities. There was no clock in the room (nor was there a radio), so, unless I turned on my computer, my sister and I had no way of knowing what time it was (neither of us had any watches or cell phones with us). Which was fine with us. We didn't want to know what time it was. And I'm sure that the rooms have clock radios by now. The second odd thing was that the hotel is oriented backwards. The back of the hotel faces the highway and one has to drive around the hotel to get to the entranceway which faces a fence behind which is the residential area of the Garrison District. This made no sense to me. Why not put the entranceway up against the highway? But it didn't make any practical difference to us. We would just come into the hotel through the "back doors" leading into the lobby area. But it does make the layout seem a bit odd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown is a contemporary 118 room Barbados hotel opened in 2011, featuring well appointed guest rooms accommodation with spacious work areas, plush bedding and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is located within the well known Garrison district,and across the street from the beach offering beach access to the Coconut Beach with complimentary lounge chairs for guests. The hotel features an outdoor pool, business center, and restaurant. TGI Fridays and a Spa are located next door. The Courtyard is also a short drive from the famous St. Lawrence's Gap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown Hotel Bridgetown
- Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados