“Best ever in Barbados”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Pa
“Best ever in Barbados”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My Boy and I stayed at this hotel April 23 to May 2 , 2014, apparently Nine days after a We just couldn't handle all the snow this winter and had to get away, so this was a leisure trip. Our purpose was to get as much sun as possible.

We have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Part of that clearly has to do with the fact that the hotel was brand new, so everything was spotless. And we pretty much had the hotel to ourselves as we saw only a couple of other patrons. Apparently we were the first to sleep in the room that the hotel staff gave us. We did have a view of the ocean from our window, which was across the street and behind some buildings.

Marriott is not a beachside hotel did not affect us.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our room was large and spacious. I didn't have any problems connecting my computer to the Internet. Just two oddities. There was no clock in the room (nor was there a radio), so, unless I turned on my computer, my sister and I had no way of knowing what time it was (neither of us had any watches or cell phones with us). Which was fine with us. We didn't want to know what time it was. And I'm sure that the rooms have clock radios by now. The second odd thing was that the hotel is oriented backwards. The back of the hotel faces the highway and one has to drive around the hotel to get to the entranceway which faces a fence behind which is the residential area of the Garrison District. This made no sense to me. Why not put the entranceway up against the highway? But it didn't make any practical difference to us. We would just come into the hotel through the "back doors" leading into the lobby area. But it does make the layout seem a bit odd.

Room Tip: Visit the marriott it's the best and house keeping is the best I Would to Thank HK CARVYLE also...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Franklyn
It is great that after three years we can still be considered as new :) This is testament to the hard work that the housekeeping and engineering associates put in daily to maintain the hotel. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get that much needed sunshine. I also appreciate that you consider us to be the “best hotel in Barbados” Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team.
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Marriott, very clean, the beach is just across the street. very friendly staff especially "Ulanda" she made me feel at home. She took care of me like a sister, she truly is a great asset to the hotel. Also Angela and William from the restaurant are very friendly!

I'd fully recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Barbados.

Natalia

• Stayed April 2014
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Natalia,
I am extremely proud of our associates and their continued commitment to delivering exceptional service. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Ulanda, Andrea and William!

In addition to the beach being just across the street we are also within walking distance to our first world heritage site "Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison" along with a number of restaurants and shops. I hope you get to enjoy these experiences on your next trip!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Aventura, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is very clean and centraly located. every employee makes you feel like family always asking you if everything is ok or if you need anything especially ALLISON COZIER who would check on us daily to make sure that everything is perfect.. This will definitly be me Hotel everytime I go to barbados.. Keep up the great Customer service!!

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Jacques,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Allison tries to ensure that what she promises during the reservation process is delivered during your stay and we really appreciate all of her efforts. The entire team takes a lot of pride in maintaining the hotel and we welcome any feedback that would help us to improve. Did you get a chance to go to any of the nearby restaurants or to any of the nice beaches within walking distance? My favorite thing to do is to take a stroll on the boardwalk around sunset to watch the beautiful colors of the sky and I hope that you get to try this on your return!

Christ Church
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spent my 12th Anniversary at the hotel. The staff were excellent, professional and friendly. The rooms were immaculate and the overall standard of the hotel is very good. We had breakfast from the hotel on a couple of occasions and totally enjoyed it. The front desk staff were very welcoming and the manager took the time to explain to us all of the current and future steps the Marriott group are taking to ensure the hotel continues to be one of the best in the Caribbean. As a local couple, we were especially impressed with the attitude of the staff and the professional manner in which all of request were handled. Having stayed at several other Marriott we were totally surprised that our best stay at a Marriott would actually come at home. Excellent, and keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Michael,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family! Your enthusiasm for the Marriott brand is admirable and I really appreciate all of your positive comments. Seeing that you are only a stone's throw away, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

london
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel mid afternoon
, greeted at the entrance to the hotel and once again in the lobby by the friendly ladies at the front desk ,as expected with Marriott the decor was modern and in this relatively new property ,clean !
Check in was swift and efficient my room was on the second floor ,equipped with fridge ,coffee machine ,safe , iron etc ,room was quiet bed and pillows very comfortable
The Fridays restaurant next door has been closed since November but the hotel has a restaurant and there are plenty of eating places nearby
I used the pool which is long but not very wide but ok first thing in the morning this is my second time at the hotel which is across the road from the beach which is not a problem
Hotel is quiet clean suitable for business and leisure travellers and all staff are welcoming and very friendly .

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tcasLondon
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear London Guest,
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and service experience was what you expected and deserve. Your observations are encouraging and I will share your positive feedback with my team.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Have just spent 10 days in this Marriott and could not fault it in any way. The staff are all so friendly, they always made us feel welcome and were amazing with our 2 young children. Angela and William in the restaurant in particular were brilliant!!! The hotel is immaculate and the housekeeping staff go out of their way to add personal touches to your room. Would defiantly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy m
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Amy,
I am thrilled that you found us to be an ideal location for your family including your two small children. The housekeeping team takes a lot of pride in their work and I’m sure that they will be appreciative to receive your positive feedback. Both Angela and William have been with us from the opening of the hotel and they are both great associates.

Thank you for your recommendations!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Sherieb
The hotel is very nice and the rooms are quite comfortable...but what makes this hotel memorable for me is the amazing staff, especially William, Donna and Andre as well as the front desk personnel, who went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherieb487
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Sherieb,
Thank you for your positive comments and for recognizing some of the best associates that I have personally had the pleasure of working with. I hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy all of the amenities that the hotel has to offer and that you will be back!

Kelly-Ann Mayers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!