“will visit again!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Nassau, New Providence Island
“will visit again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. The staff, especially William, Donna and Andre went overboard to ensure that my stay was worthwhile! I commend their flexibility and dedication to personalized customer satisfaction.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Shaniska,
Our associates take a lot of pride in maintaining a clean and safe hotel and I am glad that you noticed. I will pass on your positive comments to the Food & Beverage team who are always looking for ways to delight our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hi
We stayed at the Marriot in Hastings and were very, very pleased with our experience. We loved the staff...we'd mention names but we'd omit people who we shouldn't. We've vacationed in Barbados for 25+ years always staying on the Platinum Coast, but due to a mix up with our friends and with an earlier arrival of our villa 's owner, we spent from March 15th to March 20th at the Courtyard. What a very pleasant surprise for us! The staff, to a person, made us feel warm and welcomed from our arrival to our final trip to Grantley Adams. Everyone at the front desk was so personable, "Michigan", the lovely lady who helped us with our bags, Andrea in the cafe, Patrick who helped us move stuff, and so on made our stay so very enjoyable. While we won't be giving up the villa on the beach next to Folkstone in the future, we will be returning to the Hastings Courtyard. Miami airport is horrible on weekends, so we'll use the Courtyard to help us return to the States midweek. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stay above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rodney H
Dear Rodney,
It is fantastic that you have been coming to the island for over 25 years!! I am sure that the Barbadian hospitality keeps you coming back. I am glad that you were able to experience that hospitality here at our hotel and that our associates contributed to your warm memories. I just came out of the Miami airport this weekend and truly understand why you would want to avoid that rush. Whenever you are ready, we are her willing and capable of providing you with more positive memories. Please take care until we see you again!
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The room we stayed in was very nice. We stayed for a few nights from Saturday until today. No access to the beach (have to go across the street to use it), board games are provided which is good.

However, there are a few negatives: With my hearing loss, closed captioning was not possible so watching television was not really entertaining for me. Otherwise, a very comfortable stay.

Used the swimming pool as well as the gym which is both great.

Food was great except one time I discovered a short hair in my breakfast yesterday. Today was much worse for my friend who was also a guest and was with me, there was PAPER in her food, Andrea was very accommodating. She received complimentary lunch which proves good customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Toronto Guest,
Thank you for providing us with this positive and constructive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the services and amenities that we have to offer and that Andrea stepped up and delivered the customer service that she is so consistent with when we did not deliver to our standard. We are currently enhancing our library of books and board games which I hope that you will enjoy on your next trip to our beautiful island.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had stayed at Courtyard hotels before in the US and had high expectations since they all seemed to have been newly or recently renovated...but my expectations were exceeded by this one! The hotel seemed almost brand new, with a large lobby with various sitting areas including an outdoor patio area; sun deck and pool (which is small but you have the ocean just across the street). The room was very large and all very comfortable and new. But the staff really made the place shine - friendly and warm and helpful. Location is good, too-lots of restaurants within walking distance, including right on the ocean. The Garrison Historic Area is a UNESCO heritage site; Bridgetown is a short ride away as well as the other tourist sites and well known beaches, etc.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have sizable balconies (my colleagues had them)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JWUSA
Dear Washington Guest,
Although we have been opened for three years now, the housekeeping and engineering team work diligently to ensure that the property is well maintained. I am glad that you were able to experience our warm Barbadian hospitality and if you return, I hope that you get to experience some of the organized heritage tours where you can learn more about the history of Barbados including our very own Pavilion, which is the listed building on site.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very disappointed in the hotel and the customer service! I travel a lot, I had been working in Calgary, Alberta, Canada - where I had spent over 7 months staying in a Marriott. So I was looking forward to the same warm , hospitable service from a hotel chain that had become my home away from home. Well not at the Marriott Barbados ! I booked a seven night stay for my husband and I. The Calgary Marriott staff knew how much I was looking forward to some sunshine, so took the liberty of arranging an early - one hour check in for me as we would be traveling on a red eye and more then 12 hours to get there. Upon arrival at the Barbados Marriott at 2:00pm, I was told that an early check in was not possible and I would have to wait at least two to three hours, but I was welcome to wait at the beach. I had also requested a balcony, I was told not possible. The beach is across the road , access via key card and gate- even though it is a public beach and the public access stairs are right beside the Marriott stairs. Upon arrival at the public beach, there are no signs for Marriott guests, nor beach chairs, nor any type of beach service. You have use the Coconut Court hotels chairs and after buying some rum cocktails at their beach bar are very hospitable and booked us in for their traditional Baja Buffett dinner. After returning back to the hotel at 4:00pm, our room was still not available to check in - until 6:30 pm - which made us late for our dinner reservation. This time we waited in the lobby and saw countless airline staff get quickly checked in and whisked away to their rooms. I was told by staff that my husband and I could help ourselves to a complimentary water while we waited, which we did. But then the front desk attempted to charge us for them. As part of my points rewards I ordered a wine and cheese platter to be waiting in the room, when we got to our room - no wine glass
and no cups. We were late for dinner, so I placed the cheese platter in the fridge. When I pulled it out later that night, it was frozen and uneatable, I had to throw it away. They placed us on the second floor, which is were the pool is located, our room was directly in front of the pool, with no balcony. Our room window was basically sitting on the pool deck and oh joy the pool open at 06:00 am. Needless to say, we did not spend anytime at the hotel other to sleep, which is very disappointing for a long term loyal customer of the Marriott. I will be returning to Barbados, but would never stay at the Marriott again. Choose a small private hotel, they welcome your business and appreciate their customers.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank EmergPlanner
Dear Loyal Marriott Customer,
I am very sad to read that you did not experience the outstanding service that my associates are capable of providing at Courtyard Bridgetown. Considering that we are a part of a brand we try really hard to ensure that the service you receive is consistent with what you will receive at any of the other properties and as my associates are my number one asset we often go above and beyond to ensure that positive memories are created. We clearly fell down in a number of areas and my team and I will hone in on all of the areas mentioned to provide immediate corrective action. I assure you that this is not typical behavior and I would appreciate it if we can discuss this further as I would really like the opportunity to show you on a second visit the service that we are really able to provide. As a loyal Marriott customer, it is very important for me to be able to win back your trust and confidence in our service. It is through your honest and direct feedback that we are able to ensure that our efforts to improve are targeted to the areas needing attention. Thank you for this feedback and please contact me at cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com so that we can discuss how I can regain your trust and confidence.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Where to start...? We stayed on points and paid for 2 nights... Waaaaay to over priced for what you get! We asked for an early check in... Didn't get it... our room wasn't "ready!" Asked for a balcony... Didn't get it! Ended up on the second floor which is also the pool level... So people can look in on you... (Keep your blinds closed... All day!) Safe... Didn't work for a couple days. Staff... isn't very hospitable (except for the housekeeping staff) but that's kinda typical of Bajans... The beach is across the street which isn't bad location but they don't have beach chairs... You can use the other hotels (Coconut court... Way better deal.. We checked!) chairs just buy a couple rum punch and they don't care... Wouldn't stay again... Or any other marriot from now on!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your candid feedback on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your or our own expectations with reference to your overall experience at our hotel. We aim to where possible honour all requests for early arrivals but unfortunately this is not always possible due to high occupancy. You also mentioned that there were no beach chairs and I will investigate this as we provide a number of chairs at Coconut Court beach for the convenience of our guests.

Your experience was clearly not a good representation of the brand and I would welcome some additional feedback from you regarding your interactions with the associates and your room and period of stay so that I can further investigate in order for us to implement the actions necessary to improve in those areas where we fell down. Please feel free to email me at: cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com.

Sincerely
Roseau, Dominica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I must first state that this is the second Courtyard by Marriott hotel that I had the pleasure of staying at; this one did not fail to meet the high expectations that were already established in my mind from my last experience.

The check in process so simple, seamless and handled in a polite manner. Once again the receptionists hired by Marriott seems to be of a high standard. They understand what customer service is about and made me feel welcomed from the time I entered the hotel.

I was then directed to the Breakfast area where I was once again greeted by pleasant employees willing to guide me through the menu; and it did not end there. The waiting staff were also very pleasant, ensuring that I enjoyed my meal.

Upon entering my room I was blown away on how inviting, welcoming, relaxing and soothing it was. I felt like I was in a hotel of class instantly. The room left me with a feeling of wishing that I could have shared the experience with someone special in my life.

The bed was also comfortable. As I lay on it, it became difficult to get up and become active as the bed encouraged you to slow down.

All in all, I'd fully recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Barbados. It is well worth every dollar spent.

Room Tip: You are able to obtain 110v adapters from reception if you forgot to walk with yours.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BrentonHilaire
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear BrentonHilaire,
Thank you for your glowing feedback. I am glad that you had such a positive experience and I hope that you get the opportunity to return with that special someone.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Kelly-Ann Mayers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Yellow Bird Hotel
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados

Been to Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!