“Just the basics with friendly staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is clean and is situated near the boardwalk. The pool is very small and not for lounging but the beach is nearby.

The restaurant is self serve and the menu is limited. The patio also overlooks the parking lot so don't expect a view.

The staff are very friendly and make the hotel experience positive

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leona M
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Leona M,
I am glad that you had an overall positive experience staying with us! At Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, we understand that it is the interaction with the associates that makes the difference and we all try to ensure that each guest leaves satisfied.

I would appreciate any other specific feedback on what we can do to exceed your expectations for future trips. You can contact me at cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We where staying at the hotel the first week of March and we enjoyed. The service was friendly and professional. They really took care of us. A special thank to Andrea, she made our moornings sunny by serving us a good breakfast with a big smile.
The location is very good, near a peaceful beach. Just take a walk over the street and walk down the stairs beside Coconut hotel.
And a couple of block away you will find the Broadwalk, a nice trail beside the sea with many good restaurants.
We used the small buses, they stop everywhere. For just 2 BBD you will get in to the city fast.
The hotel building was in good shape. Everything was clean and neat. You could feel and see that everything was taking care of.
We really can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Viveca V,
Taking care of every guest who enters into our hotel is our pleasure and I am glad that you were able to experience the professionalism and caring nature of our associates. Andrea is our very own star and she goes out of her way to ensure that you have a great food and beverage experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had the fortune of being in Barbados for 11 days in February 2014, as the polar vortex was bearing down over large swaths of the northeast (where I live and work). Unfortunately, I was there for work, as in 14-hr days. While I did not experience much of the island, I did interact with everyone from the security guards to the front desk staff at the Mariott Bridgetown. Every single member of the staff was genuinely interested in how my stay was progressing; from the order takers and servers at Centro Restaurant who took my hurried breakfast orders before I rushed out to the office, to the different staff on the night shift who took my late night orders for dinner, to housekeeping who kept my room immaculately clean and were kind enough to inquire on how my stay was and wished me safe travels on my departure day (the only day I saw any of them!). While I saw very little of Barbados during my visit, given that it was a business trip, what I will remember most is the kindness of all those who work at the Courtyard Marriott. I look forward to visiting with them again soon and for holiday, not work!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear DSC2014,
Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. I am thrilled that you had a positive experience and most importantly that you will be back!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've tried numerous hotels on the island and the majority fail to live up to expectations, especially considering they're charging top Dollar. This was first stay at this hotel and I shall be back.
Clean, modern but above all the staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive.
Andrea get's a mention again and even the General Manager was available and happy to chat about how I felt about the hotel.
They're building a great reputation and you won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

Room Tip: The residents at the back of the hotel (main entrance) have cockerels that must be blind as they can...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Simon,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us and our exceptional associates! Again it was a pleasure hosting you and I look forward to seeing you again in a few months.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

It's in the good spot, about a 15 minute walk from downtown Bridgeport and 20 minutes from the airport. A business hotel, but they have a deal with the resort across the street for beach access which has a terrific little food spot. We stayed here before and after a cruise on the Royal Clipper. There were several restaurants within reach by a short taxi ride, or that 10-15 minute walk towards downtown brought several in reach. Only thing - Barbados is not exactly consistent with sidewalks but then it's not a terribly busy road even if it is a highway of sorts.

Room Tip: We had rooms facing the water - you would need to be at the 4th floor or above...
1  Thank Andrea F

Dear Andrea,
I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations! Our hotel is perfect for the pre and post cruise visits particularly because of the short distance from both the airport and the seaport. I do hope that you will be able to stay with us longer on your next trip to the island as there is so much to do and see in beautiful Barbados!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just checking out from 9 wonderful days at the Marriott. Very clean rooms. Right across from the beach, very close to Bridgetown. Excellent staff who in our opinion went above and beyond to make our stay a wonderful one.
Special Thanks to Andrea who greeted us every morning with a great big smile:)
Will certainly be back next year.

1  Thank 111ElizabethV
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you ElizabethV for telling the world about our wonderful associates who really go out of their way to ensure that your stay is memorable. Andrea is truly a star and we love and appreciate all that she does on a daily basis to exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard one night as we had just came back from Tobago. The Courtyard is located in the Historic District. We had a room with two beds, microwave and refrigerator. It was a very nice room and was comfortable. The only issue with the hotel was the location and there was not any restaurants close by. Since we had taken a taxi and did not have a rent a car we had to walk a ways to find one. Beach is across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Wetwklley99,
It was our pleasure hosting you at our hotel! We appreciate that you selected to stay with us out of the many choices you had and that you took the time to share your feedback with us. For any future visit (and we do hope that you visit our beautiful island again) we would be delighted to point out some restaurants that are within walking distance, namely Blue Room, Mama Mia, 39 Steps, Blakeys etc., which are more casual dining and Tapas which is more fine dining and located right on the boardwalk. There are other fine dining choices that are not too far and that are easily accessible by taxi or public transportation.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and best wishes until we see you again!

Kelly-Ann Mayers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Infinity on the Beach
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!