“Excellent hotel for a stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I needed a hotel for a day before our cruise form the Barbados and based on reviews from Tripadvisor we chose Courtyard By Marriott Barbados. It was an excellent choice. It was clean and up to date. The staff were polite and helpful. Courtyard is directly across the road from The Coconut Resort and they did not seem to mind us using their entry to the beach. We did eat at their 2 restaurants which were good. The boardwalk is just a short walk on the beach from the Courtyard and it was an excellent walk to Accura Beach.
Taxi Prices were a bit confusing but overall a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear JFW51:
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown as you preferred hotel in Barbados.
Based on your comments it is clear we met your expectations. Therefore, I took the opportunity to share your comments with my entire team and we were all delighted that you enjoyed our facilities, the interactions with our associates and even had the opportunity to enjoy the recreation close by to our hotel.
I trust on a future trip to our lovely shores, Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown will remain your preferred lodging choice.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Courtyard Marriott Bridgetown during the period November, 20th – 27th 2013 and we are pleased to report that our stay was thoroughly enjoyable, it far exceeded our expectations. The surroundings are exquisitely kept and well-manicured. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The staff is very courteous, knowledgeable, friendly, and demonstrates that ready willingness to assist at all times. We want to make special mention of Ms. Allison Cozier, Reservations Agent, who took time out of her busy schedule to ensure that our stay was comfortable and often enquired if things were to our satisfaction. We were made to feel very welcome. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
The reception area is conducive for persons doing business as well as visitors alike.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Sherry H:

Thank you so much for scoring our property 5 stars during your recent visit with us. We appreciate your positive comments and I am so happy we met your expectations. I will be sure to share with Allison your thoughtful sentiments and we all look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and it was great. The Christmas decorations are fantastic. The staff are different from the last visit but they have been so very helpful and pleasant to talk to. My only bone to pick and why I did not give it the full 5 circles is their complimentary fruit punch/rum punch that they gave us for a slight error with our booking. We went to the bar on our last night to get our free drink and I chose a fruit punch. What I got was fruit punch out of a box and it was awful. And I suspect the rum punch is the same box punch with a couple shots of rum in it. Not pleasant at all. I did complain to the front desk and the receptionist said that she was not aware that the free fruit punch was actually from a box and not fresh. She apologized which I appreciated. Other than that I know I can always count on the Courtyard to give us exceptional service and quality. Thanks again

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work. It is a new hotel so the rooms are basic but clean. The restaurant area is quite small and does not offer privacy since it is in the main lobby area. The beach is directly opposite on the other side of the road so easy to walk to with a private access for guests. Overall a good alternate option to Accra.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anya C
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for for business and loved the facilities. Great lobby, excellent internet, very good customer service. The negatives are the location. It's not close to anything by foot. Unless you have a car or are willing to pay a taxi every single time you need to go out I would not recommend it. It has no direct beach access and the menu at the restaurant is very limited.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Laura_Magal

Dear Laura-Magal:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, your feedback is appreciated. I am elated you enjoyed our facilities and had the opportunity to experience the excellent service we are so proud of here at Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown. Howerver, I am sorry you had such a challenge with transportation and I promise on your next visit, I will personally meet with you to share how accessible our local transport on the island is to our hotel; actually right across the street from the Marriott you can take a bus for $2 Barbados or $1US to the popular Oistins or to Bridgetown. The local buses pass almost every 10-15 minutes.

We are located on the beautiful South Coast close to the islands most popular shopping malls and although our property is not on the beach, we do have beach access across the street and all of our guests are afforded a private entrance and have access to towels and lounge chairs as well.

I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations and I regret we did not share this information with you during your stay but I trust if you give us another opportunity, whereby I can help ease your concerns about the accessibility of our property.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a 1 bedroom suite which was almost as large as our regular timeshare with Marriott. The difference was a kitchen which we did not need for this trip. The experience from check in to check out by the staff was 5 Stars. The entire staff was very courteous and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We had breakfast almost every morning and the food and service again was great and was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DHG2013
Guestcare_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear DHG2013:

Thank you for your great comments and for giving us 5 stars! We enjoyed having you and your family here with us and we are all eagerly awaiting your return. Thank you again for your review and especially for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown.

Regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was stranded in Barbados overnight and found the Marriott on my smartphone and made a reservation. Normally I check out a hotel before booking but this was not an option and I was very reliant on the brand to give value and comfort. I found both at this Courtyard.

The room was very nice and had all the amenities including a jetted tub. A coffee maker and flat screen TV with good selections was welcomed. The view was of the parking lot and this is not a resort style hotel, that is, it is not on the beach.

The staff were very good and I was checked in quickly. The lobby is attractive although they advertise TGIF restaurant, it was closed in August!

I ate at the restaurant in the lobby and the food was adequate. It could have been hotter and delivered more quickly.

My early departure was expertly facilitated by the front desk and I was only able to enjoy this fine property overnight.

Room Tip: My room was on the parking lot side but I doubt there are any rooms with great views as this propert...