Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Hilton Barbados Resort(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$236
  • Pool
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$349
$306
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$138
Radisson
Nautilus Beach Apartments(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$71
Paradise Villas(Black Rock)(Great Value!)
$87
Orbitz.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$370
$138
$505
$343
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $381/night.

Coconut Court Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$180
The SoCo Hotel(Hastings)
$348
South Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$116
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

All reviewsann margaretbusiness hotelthe coconut court hotelthe blue roomcentro restaurantbeach accessaccra beachmama miasmall fridgefront desk staffview of the oceanrestaurant stafftapasbuffet breakfastsouth coastrum punchbeautiful beach
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is not your typical Caribbean establishment. The building is very new and the rooms are spacious and modern. I've stayed in many hotels in the Caribbean and this place is very different, it felt more like something in New York.

Positives: Clean and Spacious. Good gym with modern facilities. Great room service menu and a nice cafe in the lobby. Wifi in all areas of the hotel and free in the lobby with a business centre. 15 minute walk into the capital Bridgetown. Lovely balcony with swimming pool and plenty of sunbathing space. Efficient and friendly staff.

Negatives: No beach directly outside the hotel. A 2 minute walk does get you to the beach but it's not the best in the area. Doesn't feel like the Caribbean, and it's not a holiday makers place, but great for business guests.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has the gym and pool so it's a busier floor!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank greenpanther30
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My usual Barbados hotel, the Hilton, was full/expensive for this stay so for the first time I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott. It’s no Hilton, although arguably the price difference reflects that. Maybe, maybe not.

Check-in was fine. Front desk staff were pleasant and professional.

Room was modern and clean. Adequate cupboard and drawer space. Decent TV and channels.

The room is not bad for business purposes. Desk is a bit small. Chair is height-adjustable and OK. Two phones – one on the desk; one bedside; neither with speaker phone capability; no cordless phone; desk phone didn’t move more than a foot. No wi-fi in room; network cable only, and it barely reached far enough for me to work comfortably on my laptop. Service was free, fast and reliable. Wi-fi available free in the lobby and restaurant but service was slow when I tried it (at a somewhat busy time, admittedly).

Bed was comfortable; linens fine. Bathroom was OK; shower was good; towels are cheap and thin, and toilet paper was crunchy.

As others have noted, in-room air conditioner is loud. I was able to sleep comfortably with it off, fortunately.

My third-floor room had a balcony which looked out onto the parking lot and the main road (Highway 7), with no good view of anything. Not a big deal for me on a business trip, but might be important for you.

Very small restaurant in the lobby, which wasn’t bad, but nothing special. Not full-service… you order at the cash and they bring items to your table; or you get something to go. No room service in the hotel.

A day and a half before checkout I asked for late check-out, even half an hour. Was promised that someone would call my room that day and leave a message. By 9pm, no message. I called to ask; they said no. I understand that the hotel was at capacity, and that late check-out is discretionary, but excellent hotels can manage a half-hour.

Getting ready for checkout, I wanted to move my co-worker’s room charges onto my credit card (same card as on my room). Was told on the phone by front desk they needed an(other) imprint of my card; went down to front desk; then was told I had to fill out a long form, including info they already had from when I checked in. I asked whether there was an alternative; after some discussion was told that as long as my co-worker said OK, they’d do it. Found my co-worker 2 minutes later and brought him to the front desk. Several more minutes, another imprint of my card, lots of mouse clicks etc. on their computer, then we were told OK. All in all, three different answers from three different people. Other hotels I’ve been in can simply transfer the charges from one room to another.

Overall, an adequate business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TorontoTim
CY_Bridgetown_GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing our property for your most recent stay in Barbados and thank you for your feedback. I have noted your dissatisfaction with the process it took for you to confirm payment for your colleague and I will follow up that the necessary training is completed with my team to ensure that we are better able to handle similar requests in the future.

With reference to the guest room wifi, we do have this feature available in all of our guest rooms along with the network cable as another option. I would appreciate it if you can email me offline your room number at cy.bgicy.reservations@marriott.com so that I can check to see if we had an issue with the wifi in the room which you occupied.

Warm Regards
Kelly-Ann Mayers

Reviewed February 19, 2013

While I frequently go to Barbados on business and my wife prefers to be on the beach while I work, the Coconut Court Hotel (across the street) was inflexible in allowing less than a 5 night minimum stay.
As a result, we booked here and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of rooms and service ... except for housekeeping. On our arrival day, nothing was available at 4 PM due to housekeeping running behind! We said we would take any room available and did get a backyard facing room at 4:30 PM. The next day, the room was cleaned by 10AM but on the following day, it was untouched at 3:30 PM and we left the "Do Not Disturb" sign for that day and the next.
The rest of the staff was wonderfull......
We secured a Senior/Shopper rate which included breakfast so I can't complain about that and we did spend a lot of time at the Coconut Court Beach bar with 2 Happy Hours (Noon - 1PM and 5PM to 6 PM). The Blue Room next door has a 6-7PM happy hour.
Mama Mia's has good Italian Food and you can take the ZR11 vans to Oistens for good fish or chicken any night..... Fridays are crazy.
I would return again.

Room Tip: Front rooms have balconies.... back rooms do not.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R9687N
Reviewed February 9, 2013

In Bridgetown for a few days between cruise and home flight? - this site in Hastings Beach worked well for us. It is essentially a business hotel, and not a tourist-stay site; it provides all the usual Marriott IT services, and we found the (air con) bedroom comfortable with efficient and spotless bathroom. However there is no hotel or local information on offer in the rooms - beyond emergency instructions, books of fancy restaurants miles away, and the books of Gideon and Mormon! In fact the Garrison historic area is a short walk back towards town - less than 10 minutes to the Museum via Harts Gap road. The coral sand beach is down the path opposite - other reviewers provide more information about facilities using the Coconut Court (we were not offered information that this was a joint use operation).
A stay excludes all meals : there is a fast-food american-type TGI place in the courtyard, with "finger-lickin' good" menu. Much better dinners are no problem - Blakeys, Fred's and Tapas are just down the road towards or at the Boardwalk, or Mama Mia's and hotels are even closer on the town side. Breakfast in the hotel is a let down - because the on-site counter is catering expensively for business people in a rush. The true range of choice is not even clear for the casual tourist user, and before you know it you have spent £25 for two - the huge cup of 'Oatmeal' or the muesli are the only good value. There needs to be an all-in offer of a Continental breakfast equivalent. It all happens in the ground floor lobby area, which is far too cool compared with outside. If you have acclimatised to the West Indies on a holiday already, you will want to leave and do things!
All the staff are very nice and helpful to tourists passing through. Be aware that the taxi price from the main door to the airport is unregulated, and with a 'cut' to the hotel will cost as much as from the cruise harbour (BD$45) although it is a one-third shorter journey.
However, all in all, a convenient location.

Room Tip: Access to the pool is from the first floor - but it is tiny. All the main block is set back from the Hastings Road, which did not seem to suffer heavy/noisy traffic at unsocial hours.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seasonedtraveller33
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for 2 nights before boarding sailing cruise to the Grenadines. We have stayed at Marriott hotels for years with excellent service and amenities, but sadly this was not a good experience. The room was spacious and clean, but the bed was hard. Other Marriott's we have stayed at (even Fairfield Inn or Springfield Suites), have had pillow top beds and and rather sumptuous towels. The towels were threadbare. The breakfast was all a la carte and very limited. All other Marriott places we have stayed at usually have a delightful breakfast buffet. And the service at the breakfast was really bad. The staff seemed to be doing you a favor by toasting your bagel! Additionally they had no decaf coffee. I will continue to patronize Marriott run hotels but will never return to this one, unfortunately. Oh yes, the room was very quiet, but that is probaly because the hotel was practically empty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubyred5
CY_Bridgetown_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was truly disappointed to know that we did not deliver the level of service to which you are accustomed with Marriott.

I have shared your feedback with my entire team and we are already looking at ways that we can improve. We are working on ensuring that we only have good quality towels in circulation and decaf coffee consistently available for our guests.

We have some guests who prefer a firm bed and for our guests who prefer a softer bed we have feather mattresses available on request. We will do a better job of communicating this to our guests in the future.

I have also noted your comments about the food and beverage service and although we do not provide a breakfast buffet, we do have a number of options ranging from fast and fresh to pan and griddle items. I would welcome feedback on some other options that you would prefer to see as well specific feedback on the service.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve and it is through comments like yours that we are able to identify our performance gaps and find ways to deliver the exceptional service that I know we are capable of providing.

Kelly-Ann Mayers