In Bridgetown for a few days between cruise and home flight? - this site in Hastings Beach worked well for us. It is essentially a business hotel, and not a tourist-stay site; it provides all the usual Marriott IT services, and we found the (air con) bedroom comfortable with efficient and spotless bathroom. However there is no hotel or local information on offer in the rooms - beyond emergency instructions, books of fancy restaurants miles away, and the books of Gideon and Mormon! In fact the Garrison historic area is a short walk back towards town - less than 10 minutes to the Museum via Harts Gap road. The coral sand beach is down the path opposite - other reviewers provide more information about facilities using the Coconut Court (we were not offered information that this was a joint use operation).
A stay excludes all meals : there is a fast-food american-type TGI place in the courtyard, with "finger-lickin' good" menu. Much better dinners are no problem - Blakeys, Fred's and Tapas are just down the road towards or at the Boardwalk, or Mama Mia's and hotels are even closer on the town side. Breakfast in the hotel is a let down - because the on-site counter is catering expensively for business people in a rush. The true range of choice is not even clear for the casual tourist user, and before you know it you have spent £25 for two - the huge cup of 'Oatmeal' or the muesli are the only good value. There needs to be an all-in offer of a Continental breakfast equivalent. It all happens in the ground floor lobby area, which is far too cool compared with outside. If you have acclimatised to the West Indies on a holiday already, you will want to leave and do things!
All the staff are very nice and helpful to tourists passing through. Be aware that the taxi price from the main door to the airport is unregulated, and with a 'cut' to the hotel will cost as much as from the cruise harbour (BD$45) although it is a one-third shorter journey.
However, all in all, a convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown is a contemporary 118 room Barbados hotel opened in 2011, featuring well appointed guest rooms accommodation with spacious work areas, plush bedding and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is located within the well known Garrison district,and across the street from the beach offering beach access to the Coconut Beach with complimentary lounge chairs for guests. The hotel features an outdoor pool, business center, and restaurant. TGI Fridays and a Spa are located next door. The Courtyard is also a short drive from the famous St. Lawrence's Gap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown Hotel Bridgetown
- Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados