Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Hilton Barbados Resort(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$351
$296
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
$283
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$178
Paradise Villas(Black Rock)(Great Value!)
$120
Orbitz.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$216
$197
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
$539
$414
Bookit.com
Coconut Court Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$168
$307
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
All reviewsann margaretbusiness hotelthe coconut court hotelthe blue roomcentro restaurantbeach accessaccra beachmama miasmall fridgeview of the oceanfront desk stafftapasrestaurant staffbuffet breakfastsouth coastrum punchbeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good location for business - close to Bridgetown, with easy access to surrounding areas - Warrens, Collymore Rock etc. Clean rooms, easy parking and free wifi - Courtyard Gatwick please note - restaurant OK for breakfast, although I suspect the queue and order system could break down during busy times - buffet would be better. Not really an evening dining venue, as the location is rather "impersonal". Good service when I was there, however - school h olidays but no screaming brats!! Not recommended as a vacation hotel though, unless you don't mind crossing the road and going down the steps to a rather ordinary beach.

Complaints: a seemingly endemic incapability of local staff to provide a wake-up call on time - even the "automated system didn't work. Also, hotel is non-smoking - Ok, we smokers have become a sub-species. However, I did think that smoking on the balcony would be allowed (closing the room door obviously), but seemingly Courtyard Marriott will only allow the Barbados air to be polluted outside of the hotel's confines. They do not, however, provide any ashtrays to allow us to put out the evil weeds in - a common fault in UK pubs and hotels.

This is the first hotel where I have found the balcony to be out of bounds to smokers, and I'm afraid it will influence my future stays, as I know of two good places where this is not an issue. (I can already hear the antis saying "good riddance", but I am a GP and know what the risks are).

Still a good addition to the scene - knocks spots off the Hilton.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor - not much of a view anywhere. I beleive the 4th floor gets a seaview but can't guarantee that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Everything is what you would expect from a Marriott Courtyard.

Hotel is new, so goes without saying that it feels and smells new.

Staff very welcoming and helpful.

TGI Friday and local restaurant/Bar right next door if you want to try something other than whats on the menu.

I could not sleep on the top floor due to noise from the AC units, so room was changed the day after.

Room Tip: top floor noisy with AC noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank WestIndian4ever
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Spent 10 days at this hotel. The view was fantastic from my fourth floor room on the southern side looking out at the ocean and the Hastings Main Road. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors to southern side provides a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen_C_J
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here last week. The hotel is in immaculate condition. Yvette, our housekeeper, and Abigail at the front desk were outstanding, extremely helpful.

They even set up an extra cot as we had our daughters with us on vacation. That was a huge and unexpected plus. Cookies and milk for the kids on our last night there.

Regarding an earlier post on the pool. I measured it. It's 12 feet wide by 67 feet long, 3.75 feet deep. Can't stand it when people skew the truth. Defeats the whole purpose of Trip Advisor.

It's not an ocean front hotel, so I don't what the previous person was expecting. There is a view of the ocean from our fourth floor room, but the Marriott site clearly states you're across the street.

There is a bit of a third world feel to Barbados, especially when you venture away from town, but the people seem genuinely friendly and there's an obvious effort to improve the island.

Every town has a bad apple, just use common sense as you would in any foreign country, including the US, and you'll be fine.

We'll definitely stay at the Courtyard the next time we visit the island.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor, Yvette rocks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank wynuovr
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just got back from a week long stay here. The front desk was splendid and helpful. When we arrived our room was ready and they had added a fold out bed with out us asking. The cleaning people were very nice and did a wonderful job. Even left cookies and milk out our last evening for our 2 girls.(ages 8 and 10)
I have read numerous complaints about the pool so we measured it and it is 12 feet wide and 67 feet long. It was a very nice pool and The kids loved it. Poolside was lovely and we could sit with out tablets and keep an eye on the girls.
We skipped TGIF's as we can get that in the states. The food at the Blue Room on the other side was very good. They even put in a Wii game for the kids to play while we finished our drinks.
There is beach access across the street at the Coconut Court Hotel. Just walk down in front of the blue room and cross the street. I have read the complaint about the traffic and yes there is traffic but the drivers are nice and stop so you can cross. You can cut through the hotel or use the key access door to the left of the CCH. We had breakfast, snacks and lunch here. The food is good and happy hour is from 5-6. The beach is nice and you can use their chairs at no charge. We did not swim here but we did spend happy hour here and our kids played on the beach and in the pool. If you walk up the beach to the left you can get some good sunset pictures.
The boardwalk is just up from the hotel and we could walk to Rockley/Accra Beach where Just Grillin' and our favorite Sideshore restaurant and bar are.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family