This very nice property is in a not very good location, on a very busy small road (coast highway) which can be tricky to cross with the speed of the traffic and blind bends in each direction, and sidewalks which vary from very narrow to uneven/broken or none at all with walls to the road's edge. For starters, the very nice lobby has its entracnce at the back of the building (quite strange). The swimming pool is a joke as it is really a single lane lap pool at 3' x 30'. The beach directly in front (with awkward access especially crossing that busy road) is not the greatest especially with a rocky bottom ... one needs to go a distance over in front of Coconut Grove hotel to get a narrow all sandy entrance to the water. No beach facilities of any kind provided. The rooms are excellent, roomy and nicely designed. The HDTV has no HD feed and the channel selection is barely passable at 20 channels (1 spanish movie channel "HBO plus" but at least films are in their original language).
I was on the 3rd floor out of 4 storeys facing the ocean ... no view at all. I don't think the 4th floor can see much either. Staff were all excellent. In addition to the lobby bar and usual Courtyard breakfast restaurant, TGIF and a local bar are directly beside the hotel without having to cross the busy street.
The sadest incident was when I went out for a walk in the evening and 1/2 km. down the street on the busy coast road a gun fight broke out with 10 to 12 shots fired; the locals and everyone in the area paniced of course, ending with the perpetrators racing away in their cars. The was very stressful and upsettin that people on this idyllic island feel a need to resort to using guns. Very sad indeed but unfortunately also raises some concern about safety in the general area after dark.
If you don't have a car or transport provided, I would definitely stay elsewhere with much better location and beach access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados is a contemporary 118 room hotel in Bridgetown, Barbados featuring well appointed guest rooms accommodation with spacious work areas, plush bedding and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is located within the well known Garrison District, and across the street from the beach offering beach access to the Coconut Beach with complimentary lounge chairs for guests. The hotel features an outdoor pool, business center, and restaurant. Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados is a short drive from the famous St. Lawrence's Gap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown Hotel Bridgetown
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados