“My getaway to Barbados(prissymo)”

Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bridgetown
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“My getaway to Barbados(prissymo)”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I recently took a trip to Barbados with my boyfriend the first week of March. We decided to stay at Marriott because I am a marriott rewards member, and marriott is my favorite hotel. We had a beautiful room on the 4th floor with a balcony, and a view of the sea. The hotel is located in a quiet part of the island which is great! My favorite part of the vacation was eating breakfast every morning outside on the covered patio which was included in my room rate, and chillin on the balcony.The entire staff was great! They were very friendly and helpful. We were greeted at the front desk by a very nice young lady named Stacy, she always greeted us with a smile when when we saw her. Another great thing about the hotel was the laundry room. I was able to wash my bathing suit, and dirty clothes before we checked out. Overall when I return to Barbados this will be the only hotel that I will stay at. I loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank prissym0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Cumbria
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were allocated this hotel by cruise company, so only stayed one night.

A very new hotel with impressive standards. Large room and bed with good size bathroom.

Free wifi always appreciated. Great interactive information screen in lobby (for gadget people)

Waking early we took to the good length outdoor pool, though someone designed it with steps half way along! As it was already narrow, they impeded those happy to circuit swim. Towels provided.

We had dinner at TGI Fridays handily located at the entrance. Some people had pizzas at the hotel that evening and enjoyed them. Breakfast was included on our stay, and the staff were very attentive.

No sea views, but the beach was only a couple of minutes away, and handy for the recently completed boardwalk.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and then again for one night on our way home. We wanted an hotel that was convenient to both the airport and the beach, which would also be comfy (after a week spent living on a boat). This hotel more than fit the bill. Everything felt very clean, new and easy. Reception desk is helpful and very friendly. Our room was an utterly predictable, clean, attractive American-style hotel room. Bathroom had good water pressure, plenty of sink space and soft towels. The pool is small and not deep, but refreshing and pretty. Breakfast was healthy and was served very quickly. I don't recommend lunch, however, which was not as good (try Brown Sugar Restaurant, about a half mile away). The hotel is not located on a beach, but has access to a pretty swimming beach across the street. There are always cabs parked right outside the hotel, and we negotiated with one of them to take us to the other side of the island for a tour of the Harrison caves and Bathsheba beach. This set us back a little over US$100, but was SO WORTH IT! Overall, we had an amazing time during our short stay in Barbados, and this hotel was an excellent launchpad. If I was staying for a week on Barbados, I would probably go for a more resort-style hotel with beautiful views and direct beach access, but this place was much more reasonably priced and convenient for a short stay.

Room Tip: The windows did not open in our room. If you need to be able to open your windows, go for a balcony...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Celia M
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Hotels in the Caribbean are generally expensive and often not particularly good value for the money. The Courtyard is an exception; although it is not especially cheap, it provides good value for the money.

I am visting Barbados on business and the hotel is perfect for my needs. The hotel is clean, has a good location, nice furniture, and a very good (complimentary) internet connection. The staff is friendly (I was quite impressed by Erika in reception) and not overbearing at all.

The hotel has a small restaurant, more like a snack bar which is adequate. There are other restaurants in short walking distance and many more are accessible by taxi.

While the hotel does have a pool and a gym, it is not a beachfront property and is not a resort by any means. I think that this hotel would work for anybody visiting Barbados and is an especially good choice for business.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RockvilleTraveller
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a hotel that caters to the business traveler and seems to cater to the flight industry only.
The common Marriott services (ie: making change, cashing small personal checks and/or money orders, structured morning coffee service, assistance with transportation, conceirge, decent food and consistantly courteous staff.)
The property is clean and well appointed but inconvienent to come or go from despite is somewhat central location.
Some of the staff needs retrained on customer service in the least. When given a room with one bed rather than 2 (as I had clearly reserved) the front desk agent chose to argue with me about what I had reserved rather that resolve the issue as is protocol for Marriott.
I would not return to this resort when there is a better and more accomodating beachfront resort (beachfront) across the street called Coconut Cove that we had to go to when we needed ANYTHING that a normal Courtyard provides.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

my husband and i went away for a weekend trip in Barbados and selected this hotel for our stay... the hotel was great - the service was very good and the people at the front desk were EXTREMELY helpful. when we arrived, our room was not ready although it was 45 min after check in time but we soon forgot about this early setback because of the great service we received. the breakfast food at the lobby cafe was great although slightly overpriced. the location of the hotel was a good choice for us bc while it is not in the middle of the gap (which is great since you are not in the midst of the nightlight) it is only a short drive away. the beach is at walking distance. WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel is definitely a winner. I did enjoy my time there and the fact that there was a T.G.I.F in the same compound was a plus.

The room was modern but still cozy. We did get one of those rooms that was accessible to another room by two doors so when the persons in the other room was speaking loud enough their conversation could have been heard.

Marriott's clients had access to the beach through "Coconut Cove" hotel which I love and was capable of jet skiing there.

Close to Bridegtown and they always had taxis waiting and ready for your service.

The restaurant downstairs had a wide variety and was very economical.

Staff was very helpful and willing.

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!