My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and we really enjoyed our stay! American Airlines delivered my bag to the hotel before I arrived as my bag stayed in Miami for a day but it was waiting for me when I checked in. Our room was very comfortable and I was given a room right in front of the pool so it was nice. I drew my curtains to let the sunshine in during the mornings and also view the glistening waters on the pool. The pool looks like a lap pool but it served its purpose for swimming for exercise. My room was next to the gym but the insulation was excellent as I did not hear any sound coming from the gym. The staff was wonderful and the new female general manager was super friendly! TGIF restaurant is next to the hotel and the hotel also has a small cafe with plenty of seating for a light meal. You can take the ZR vans or public buses right in front of the hotel for only $1 US dollar per person anywhere the van or the bus goes. However, when riding the ZR vans, hold on tight as it is like a rollercoaster ride! You can walk across the street to a few beaches. My favorite was Hastings beach as it has a breakwater so it is safeespecially for kids. I was also able to snorkel and saw beautiful fish! There is also a boardwalk next to the beach and accessible to restaurants and shops. You will find nice establishments here but unfortunately there were also some dilapidated and abandoned buildings which made me feel sad as they were right next to the fabulous Carribean Sea. These buildings should be torn down by the government as they were such an eye soar. During one of our walks on the boardwalk one night, we saw a huge turtle on the beach right in front of a nice restaurant with torches lit! The turtle was nesting and she laid 190 eggs. The environmentalists came to move the eggs to a safe place. I would recommend a stay at the Courtyard Marriott and you will surely be near all the adventures Barbados can offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Courtyard by Marriott, Bridgetown is a contemporary 118 room Barbados hotel opened in 2011, featuring well appointed guest rooms accommodation with spacious work areas, plush bedding and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is located within the well known Garrison district,and across the street from the beach offering beach access to the Coconut Beach with complimentary lounge chairs for guests. The hotel features an outdoor pool, business center, and restaurant. TGI Fridays and a Spa are located next door. The Courtyard is also a short drive from the famous St. Lawrence's Gap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown Hotel Bridgetown
- Courtyard By Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados