“New and lovely hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgetown
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and we really enjoyed our stay! American Airlines delivered my bag to the hotel before I arrived as my bag stayed in Miami for a day but it was waiting for me when I checked in. Our room was very comfortable and I was given a room right in front of the pool so it was nice. I drew my curtains to let the sunshine in during the mornings and also view the glistening waters on the pool. The pool looks like a lap pool but it served its purpose for swimming for exercise. My room was next to the gym but the insulation was excellent as I did not hear any sound coming from the gym. The staff was wonderful and the new female general manager was super friendly! TGIF restaurant is next to the hotel and the hotel also has a small cafe with plenty of seating for a light meal. You can take the ZR vans or public buses right in front of the hotel for only $1 US dollar per person anywhere the van or the bus goes. However, when riding the ZR vans, hold on tight as it is like a rollercoaster ride! You can walk across the street to a few beaches. My favorite was Hastings beach as it has a breakwater so it is safeespecially for kids. I was also able to snorkel and saw beautiful fish! There is also a boardwalk next to the beach and accessible to restaurants and shops. You will find nice establishments here but unfortunately there were also some dilapidated and abandoned buildings which made me feel sad as they were right next to the fabulous Carribean Sea. These buildings should be torn down by the government as they were such an eye soar. During one of our walks on the boardwalk one night, we saw a huge turtle on the beach right in front of a nice restaurant with torches lit! The turtle was nesting and she laid 190 eggs. The environmentalists came to move the eggs to a safe place. I would recommend a stay at the Courtyard Marriott and you will surely be near all the adventures Barbados can offer!

Room Tip: You can probably request a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Highzone

Reviewed November 5, 2011

We wanted to stay in Barbados for 2 nights before embarking on a cruise, but the rates the cruise line offered for 2 nights was just outrageous. We searched around on the net and found this brand new Courtyard by Marriott, it wasn't on the beach and so the rates were only 30% of the hotels that were. We found we could cross the road and meander down to the beach, where there was a boardwalk that went for miles along a beautiful sandy beach. The hotel had a pool, was spotlessly clean, the staff were wonderful as well. They had a bar/restaurant that you now find in the new Courtyards and the food was great. We had a little pizza the night we arrived, they actually stayed open for us to get our bags to our room, also had a hot breakfast both mornings, not included but reasonable and delicious. A great start to our trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donna M
Reviewed October 1, 2011

What a wonderful hotel , stayed on business but would come back for a leisure trip. Staff are second to none polite , friendly with a can do attitude ! Rooms very clean modern . I've stayed at over 10 hotels on the island and it is by far the best all rounder!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Ratdunks
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is really a business hotel. We knew it when we booked it as we were here for a couple of days hanging out with friends. It’s new and clean and comfy. Some rooms do have a peek at the ocean. There is a small pool. They have a really good Mahi Mahi sandwich in the restaurant.

The beach is a short walk away and pretty but somewhat rocky. If you go out towards the back/beach look for the stairs that are between the two driveways in/out of the hotel parking lot. Head left and there is a boardwalk for about a quarter of a mile which is nice and the locals enjoy it also so it’s a good place to meet people.

If you go out the back/beach exit toward the left there is a TGI Fridays. If the thought of eating at TGI Fridays does not appeal then bear left and about ¼~ ½ mile there is a strip mall with several restaurants and a small store. There is Chinese, Italian, Kabobs and my favorite, the Island Grill (a chain but yummy jerk chicken), the TAPAs restaurant is across the street which we stopped at but they did not seem interested in our lunch business.

If you are looking for the Barbados beachfront resort experience this is not it. It is a nice hotel. The staff is professional and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank rwethere
Reviewed September 22, 2011

only stayed a couple days, but I found the staff to be super friendly and accommodating, even the taxi drivers. the food was excellent, and everything was just what i needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Carlossantos1973
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This newly opened Courtyard gave me what I need as a business traveler. I have stayed at the resort hotels before but did not need the pool, spa, children's center etc.... Great rooms, bar service, food service and a Friday's next door if that floats your boat. Food service ends early though vs US closings, late arrivals to Barbados should account for that. Super clean and professional staff. This is my new spot when working on the island.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ForgotMyRoomKey
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Best Hotel for Business in Barbados, but we were travelling as a family on vacation.

Excellent hotel rooms, cribs and rollaway beds are no charge, free internet in room and around lobby areas. We did not use the hotel restaurant, but there were many excellent choices within easy walking distance... Blakeys, Mamma Mia, Flindt. There is even a TGIF in the same compound if that's your preference.

The beach is across the road but not really pleasant for swimming. AND can't even be seen from the hotel because of the buildings between the hotel and the beach. Many beaches are a short drive away. Favourite was Pebbles Beach close to Hilton Barbados.

The hotel pool is small but suited for young children.

Overall service was good, rooms were clean but the hotel corridor carpets need a little attention. Air condition was very noisy. Beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Upper Floor facing the road - maybe you will be able to see the ocean!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DLCATravellers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Hilton Barbados Resort
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados? Share your experiences!