“Not that impressed”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had dinner here on Valentines Night.
Without a doubt a beautiful setting. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating (outdoor being nicest so request when making your reservation) with views of the ocean and the night sky. The path leading to the eating area is decorated with shrubbery and also adds to the ambiance. So, if u r looking for a romantic atmosphere you won't be disappointed.
Now that aside...the not so good.
In my opinion. ridiculous sized portions - maybe ridiculous is too strong a word but the portions were rather small. My husband's sea food dish came with a "saucer" of chowmein in the middle of a huge plate. My brownie dessert was about half what I think an adequate slice should have been. I kind of expect more.
Aside from that, the food was not spectacular nothing wowed me. Found my main also a bit on the luke warm side. Sushi can't compare with Nishi ( a restaurant in Holetown) However, the champagne that was included in the 3 course meal was nice. ( Our bill came to $303 BDS)
Service was ok - again like the food not great but not bad.
Insufficient parking - we had to park in the road - I don't prefer this as the restaurant is located in town - not the best area to be parked at night.
As I told my husband when we were leaving ..." You won't have to worry about me asking you to return here for dinner"
All in all an average dining experience. I've definitely had better!

1  Thank chica42

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is worth going to just to experience the ambience and decor.
The staff were extremely helpful on helping us choose our food and very attentive.
I chose the soft shell crab for my appertiser. It was delcious and my partner had the pork dumplings, again rather yummy.
Mains were a little disappointing, maybe we chose wrong, but we still enjoyed our evening here as its a very special place.

1  Thank Linda657
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a lovely surprise as we walked down the beautifully lit pathway behind the outer facade. You walk into another world. Wonderful view of the sea and unusual seating. The food was great and service spot on. I'm not into sushi but there easy plenty else to choose from and it was an unusual menu. The chocolate brownie was the highlight for me as not too sweet. I made a mistake with my starter (dim sum) as not to my taste but I could still appreciate it. The Chicken Manchurian (I think that's what it was called) was spot on, slightly more spicy than I bargained for but the flavours were amazing. We even commented on the quality of the basmati rice!!

Great staff, happy to chat to us or leave us alone. They read it well.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This place was so good better than anywhere we had been in London and up there with Thailand! Would recommend go today

1  Thank Hn1982
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Walking into this restaurant from the parking lot is like being transported into an elegant garden of Eden. We sat in one of the expansive cabana-like booths right on the beach and watched the sun set. The service was 5-star, and the food was delicious. Don't miss this wonderful island dining experience.