“Absolutely fabulous stay!”

Nautilus Beach Apartments
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Absolutely fabulous stay!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the most wonderful time at this apartment. The beach was amazing and the service excellent. I definitely would recommend Nautilus to anyone looking for a quiet place to relax and unwind thats close enough to all the shopping and nightlife areas in Barbados!!!! Looking forward to my next trip already!!!! Only thing missing was a pool which the beach more than made up for. Big ups to Angie my housekeeper and all rounder Tony. Ms. Betty runs the place very well

Room Tip: Stayed in room 208, best view!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerisha W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I will be honest, it is old but clean. Being in Barbados, my favorite Caribbean island and feeling like being in paradise, I don't mind as long as it is clean (but my daughter who is 15 prefers more modern facilities). First room was very old having not much renovation since the 70', three days later, we changed room and this one was much better. You can not beat the price and the location. All the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LyseMontreal
Smithers, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Arrived Jan 2/2012 Love,love, love the view of the sea as we got out of the Taxi and there to meet us was Wanda, it was like comming home. This year we had a upstairs Apt. and the view was breathtaking. I would sit on the deck for hours and thought ," how luckley we are to be able to visit this wonderful place" The rooms have been here for almost 40 years and are on the beach, they are very clean and have everything you need to do your own cooking. The office staff is the best, they always have time for a chat and a smile. The room maids and Louis get a 10 plus. they all do a great job. Our room was spotless ( I checked and I was in this business for 26 years, so I know a clean room ) Some say the rooms are dated but so am I so for us ( 70 - 72 ) they are perfect. We are going back in Dec. for a month and if our health holds out we will be going back to ,The Nautilus for many more years to come. We can't improve on " Perfect "

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mgmz2016
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This accomodation has the best location on the island in my opinion, Carlisle (Brown) Beach. It is dated but everything is in working condition. Excellent staff. Place is very clean. This time, I was by myself (husband and daughter had to stay home) and the only unit available was the room 201. It is not the best room, the patio is almost in the parking lot and it is very dark. But I was there only to wash and sleep. Another room would be better but there is a lot of repeated guests booking year after year so it is difficult to have availability. I loved it so much that I am returning with my family in December but I book another room.

Room Tip: You can walk to Bridgetown. Avoid room 201 if possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank LyseMontreal
Doncaster
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is our 6th visit to Nautilius which speaks for itself, the location is on Carlisle beach which is about 1 mile long of pure White sand, the sea is perfect for swimmers, straight at the front door, we have stayed in the superior apartments at the front and are very roomy, with 2King size beds and aircondioning, the kitchen area is now getting a little dated now but has everything ,microwave, fridge,freezer,cooker, with plenty of storage space, the long area has dinning table 4 chairs 2 easy chairs and a setee, this leads onto a small balcony, which is ideal for evening meals, staff are excellent and place kept wonderfully clean
It's a pleasure to come back

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a great view stay clear of room 1 very small
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank FredfromDoncaster
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Ok...this is as simple as it gets. I have been coming here on and off since 1996. While it seems very little updating has been done to the place since this time that really doesn't matter. These apartments are clean, and located on the beach...the best beach in Barbados in my opinion. These amazing Caribbean waters are always calm and full of friendly little fish that delight children. Heck a sea turtle paddled by us this past visit.

The Nautilus cleaning staff is amazing. We loved Nicole and Elmina. They are so helpful and full of knowledge. They are also warm and wonderful and go above and beyond their duties as room cleaners. They are the backbone of this establishment.

From Nautilus it is easy to get to Bridgetown. You can either walk the beach almost all the way, or take a ZR (minivan), a minibus or a Bus. The convenient Bay street location is perfect for hitting St.Lawrence Gap nightspots or taking care of business in town. Also grocery shopping near Worthing is great (town offers better prices but Big B and Trimart offer great selection). Lastly, the gas station across and down the street can be a true life saver. My son fell ill one night and they actually had cough medicine and Oblas oil for him. Oblas oil at a gas station!? Whole Foods in NYC just started carrying that...I'm fairly certain we wont be finding it at a BP anytime soon.

Did I mention the amazing beach?! This is an excellent place to have children stay at. Very basic but as long as you are desire serious sea time and want to be able to get around easily this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank JeannieOliver
belfast
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have stayed here many times before, in truth it has become a home from home place to stay. Located on one of the nicest beaches in Barbados, excellent for sunbathing (beautiful white sand), swimming and snorkelling Brown's beach right next to the Carlisle Bay marine park.. You wake every morning after a peaceful nights sleep to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. The rooms are clean and comfortable, adequate kitchen (for those who wish to cook) fridge/freezer, microwave and coffee-maker , valuables safe and air conditioning in every room. All of the staff from management level,receptionists and maids are very friendly, helpful and informative, special treat on wedneday and friday afternoons are Wanda's rotis, these are delicious and reasonably priced.. Close to Bridgetown and a short bus ride to Oistins the Nautilus is the place to stay..

Cannot wait to go back again in November.

Stay safe, Love life

Vincent & Eileen

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vincerice12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgetown
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
#3 of 5 in Bridgetown
The Palm Garden Hotel
The Palm Garden Hotel
#3 of 3 in Worthing

Been to Nautilus Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!